X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drhuy
    replied
    Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
    Anyone on WAB willing to bet real money, I'm talking "seize the opportunity while it's here" money on post-Brexit finance predictions? Anyone "certain" of their position enough to take astute advantage of currency swings? I don't know much about finance, at least not in "listen to me and I'll make you happy you listened to me" type of way. Will the pound stabilize? Will it plummet? Talk is cheap in finance. If one "knows" a good bet, then one has no reason not to take advantage of this situation and rake it in. Not taking sides here, just an FYI .......
    the remain camp is the ones most vocal about the certainty of post-brexit economic "fallout" (or collapse).

Leave a comment:

• Goatboy
    replied
    Anyone on WAB willing to bet real money, I'm talking "seize the opportunity while it's here" money on post-Brexit finance predictions? Anyone "certain" of their position enough to take astute advantage of currency swings? I don't know much about finance, at least not in "listen to me and I'll make you happy you listened to me" type of way. Will the pound stabilize? Will it plummet? Talk is cheap in finance. If one "knows" a good bet, then one has no reason not to take advantage of this situation and rake it in. Not taking sides here, just an FYI .......

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Originally posted by snapper View Post
    So much for 'temporary blips'; GBPUSD $1.2798 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36721016
    But you've still NOT FREAKING ANSWER HOW PARLIAMENT WORKS! ANSWER THAT BEFORE WE ACCEPT ANYMORE OF YOUR EXPERTISE!

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    Whoopee freaking doo! The Brits are going to sell a lot more stuff! Making more money!

Are you freaking dense?

Freak, if this keeps up, especially with no exit legal documents in place, your production is going to skyrocket!
    Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 06 Jul 16,, 05:40.

Leave a comment:

• snapper
    replied
    So much for 'temporary blips'; GBPUSD $1.2798 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36721016

Leave a comment:

• Officer of Engineers
    replied
    I am going to step away from this since I have no dog in the fight.

But I do take extreme offense when freaking kids who knows crap about their own government pretending that us veterans can't vote for the future we wanted, especially when we fought for it and the fucking kids can't be bothered to vote for it.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    Cameron has always been a proponent of a position that'd keep the EU weak and disorganized, ignoring multinational treaties in British law and abusing the EU for merely a trade tool. The fact that he weaseled out of this position and switched faces in the referendum campaign doesn't make him pro-EU, and the fact that there's a socalled "nationalist-EU-sceptic" group of people with an even more defined anti-EU stance beyond his own "EU-sceptic" group* doesn't make him pro-EU either.

* which consists of the Tories, the Polish PiS and a good dozen single-seat small parties from other EU members, overwhelmingly from the rather right wing.

Leave a comment:

• drhuy
    replied
    Originally posted by kato View Post
    The three largest companies providing such have suspended trading in UK commercial real estate investment fonds; Standard Life pulled its 2.9 bn pound fonds yesterday, followed by Aviva - Britain's largest insurance company - suspending its 1.8 bn pound fonds today and M&G suspending trade in its 4.4 bn pound fonds later in the day following "a marked rise in investor withdrawals following the referendum". Aviva suspended trading citing a lack of liquidity to satisfy investor withdrawal demand. The last similar suspensions occured during the financial crisis in 2008. The shares of three largescale property companies who did not suspend trading fell around 6% today.

The Bank of England is monitoring the situation as it considers the property fonds key to British financial stability. Most investment into property fonds in the UK comes from abroad, providing one of the few capital income sources where foreign investment occurs at all in the UK. The Beep suggests that up to 150 bn pound in liquid assets are being made ready to pay off bailing-out property investors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36715806
    http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36713356

The Dutch Prime Minister - a Cameron ally, i.e. not exactly pro-EU - considers Britain politically and economically collapsed already.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...of-brexit-mess
    how on earth Cameron ally = not exactly pro-EU?

Leave a comment:

• cataphract
    replied
    Originally posted by tankie View Post
    The politics is im agreed is in meltdown with the selfservative politicians ,,not one had a party had or has a plan for brexit , they all thought it would be a remain vote , the brexit vote was far larger than they thought as the fraud ,in, votes were not enough to get them past the post , more misplanning ?

Please DO NOT categorise the UK as a whole as skittsos . That stinks of xenophobia
    Tankie, you guys ELECTED this bunch. You guys CHOSE in a direct REFERENDUM to leave the EU. So why is everyone flailing around to get a "good deal" from the EU after leaving? Why did Brexit leaders (who have now conveniently quit) insist on keeping UK "close to Europe"? Why do Brits want to keep their pensioners in Costa del Sol, their yobs drunkenly rioting in Turkey and then insist on kicking out the Poles from UK? If leave is the choice, leave and man up to the consequences. Anything less is schizophrenic.

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    The three largest companies providing such have suspended trading in UK commercial real estate investment fonds; Standard Life pulled its 2.9 bn pound fonds yesterday, followed by Aviva - Britain's largest insurance company - suspending its 1.8 bn pound fonds today and M&G suspending trade in its 4.4 bn pound fonds later in the day following "a marked rise in investor withdrawals following the referendum". Aviva suspended trading citing a lack of liquidity to satisfy investor withdrawal demand. The last similar suspensions occured during the financial crisis in 2008. The shares of three largescale property companies who did not suspend trading fell around 6% today.

The Bank of England is monitoring the situation as it considers the property fonds key to British financial stability. Most investment into property fonds in the UK comes from abroad, providing one of the few capital income sources where foreign investment occurs at all in the UK. The Beep suggests that up to 150 bn pound in liquid assets are being made ready to pay off bailing-out property investors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36715806
    http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36713356

The Dutch Prime Minister - a Cameron ally, i.e. not exactly pro-EU - considers Britain politically and economically collapsed already.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...of-brexit-mess

Leave a comment:

• kato
    replied
    (regarding the "plot to stay in" in the tweat tankie posted)

Qualified Majority is already required before 2017, it's just that until then countries can request to use older rules for finding a qualified majority.

Under the previous rules you needed to meet three conditions:
    - 15 member states approving
    - 260 out of 352 votes in support (weighed votes on this thread a couple pages back)
    - in addition on request of any (!) member state participating in the election the votes cast have to represent at least 62% of the EU population

Under the new rules you need to meet two conditions in a vote in which one country does not participate (such as this):
    - 55% of participating states approve (15 member states)
    - approving states much meet 65% of the population of participating member states

The difference is obviously not how many member states you get to agree, but which ones you have to get to agree. The older rules favoured the small members provided none of the larger ones "complained"; under the old rules it was nominally possible to pass a resolution against three of the Big Four (Germany, France, UK, Italy), provided you get about everyone else behind you and none of those three then complains about it and requests the 62% rule. The 62% rule isn't really widely known.

See http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/co...fied-majority/

Leave a comment:

• citanon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
    Worse for whom?
    Worse for the whole of Europe, and not really better for the EU itself.

Leave a comment:

• tankie
    replied
    Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
    So when are the negotiations for the agreement to begin. Oct.

I am not so cynical, as to say they wont even sit down to get some agreement. They cannot do that.

Where the doubts creep in is what agreement will be had and whether to go forward or not. That will require an election to decide.

Your article does explain well why Cameron left. He was not going to be the one to pull the trigger. How could he, he campaigned to remain. Surely, its up to the leave camp to take over and do the necessary.

Who is the one with the plan. I'm looking at the leave camp, there are contenders.
    Its up to the PM of the day , the only contender for PM who is in the brexit camp is Leadsam . Below is another explanation from a tory party member who thinks its another plot to stay in .

Click image for larger version

Name:	13592569_10153834837871553_643969430823098206_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1468974
    Last edited by tankie; 05 Jul 16,, 18:07.

Leave a comment:

• Doktor
    replied
    Only Teresa remained. Pun intended

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by tankie View Post
    I have stated earlier as have others ,,it aint over yet ,as it unravels , camorons lies / deceit / and petulance is gonna be a shock to the UK and the world , the EU wankers Junker etc know this , merkel is saying brexit is irreversible ,,yea righthyo , they are all playing their parts admirably ,,, for a play , but deviousness on all parts knows no bounds , even farage resigned , he knows whats coming , the biggest fraud / u turn is about to hit us , I hope I and others are wrong but below are thoughts of others which match mine and others .
    So when are the negotiations for the agreement to begin. Oct.

I am not so cynical, as to say they wont even sit down to get some agreement. They cannot do that.

Where the doubts creep in is what agreement will be had and whether to go forward or not. That will require an election to decide.

Your article does explain well why Cameron left. He was not going to be the one to pull the trigger. How could he, he campaigned to remain. Surely, its up to the leave camp to take over and do the necessary.

Who is the one with the plan. I'm looking at the leave camp, there are contenders.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X