This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    Well, young lady, we gave you your future and we saved the West from the Soviets
    My father is a good decade older than your generation. His words yesterday, in reaction to Brexit, were: "now we only have to get rid of the Poles, that other American trojan horse in the Union".

United we stand.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
      My father is a good decade older than your generation. His words yesterday, in reaction to Brexit, were: "now we only have to get rid of the Poles, that other American trojan horse in the Union".

United we stand.
      HEHEEHHEHEEHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!!! Wiping a tear from my eye.
      Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        And what's it at now? You panic and you threw a hissy fit.

Your tantrum saying that Tankie's generation/my generation ruined your future, destroyed the UK. Well, young lady, we gave you your future and we saved the West from the Soviets and when we see things we don't like and we acted within our rights, you're the one throwing a hissy fit. You lost your vote. Deal with it like an adult.

BREXIT and the Iranian Ayatollahs are launching a Chinese Pearl Harbour! Shessh.
        My generation and the younger one voted to 'remain'. Was the drop in the value of GBP and FTSE futures a 'tantrum' of mine?

You deliberately misinterpret my words and refuse to answer straight forward questions... I see little point in continuing to converse with you and wish you good day Sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
          My generation and the younger one voted to 'remain'. Was the drop in the value of GBP and FTSE futures a 'tantrum' of mine?
          I misinterruput your words? Tankie's generation destroyed your future. China is going to launch a Pearl Harbour. How the hell do I mistinterrupt them?

A one day event to which you said it was worst than BLACK whatever. I answered with a straight question. What is the pound now? It's recovered. I'm way too freaking old to be spook by one time events. People bet money on the wrong horse. You apparently did. Take your losses and rebuild them. I've seen enough "BLACK" days to know the market will recover and recover fast. Hell, Margret Thatcher toyed with national bankruptcy. So, suck it up, your generation. You're behaving like a bunch of crybabies.
          Chimo

Comment

United we stand.
            and what next after poland? Soviet Union right? oops, i meant Russia, and your german wet dream would come true.

Comment

Interestingly, Google Trends reported friday that the second-most-asked question typed into Google in Britain referring to the European Union was "What is the EU?".
              and what's your point? Many british didnt show up to vote, especially the young. I bet they made most of the search. So again, whats interesting about it?

Comment

• Among some of the wise peace loving citizens of the world who voted against Brexit:

https://youtu.be/mbazd5XBItk

This next video is probably more like Snappers' people.

https://youtu.be/eIdWYMvDsXU

The blonde has a future as a vice reporter. =)

Edit: ahh, now this makes even more sense:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_JD_Porter
                Last edited by citanon; 25 Jun 16,, 21:17.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                  Did the £ fall 11% at one point? Or was that a "tantrum" of mine?
                  It fell 20% when you pulled out of the euro back in '92.

Who remembers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    It fell 20% when you pulled out of the euro back in '92.

Who remembers.

Britain never entered the euro.

Comment

• Originally posted by troung View Post
                      That liberal 18 to 24 age range, which is totally unwilling to go to war with Putin...
                      Ouch, that had to hurt
                      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
                        Among some of the wise peace loving citizens of the world who voted against Brexit:

https://youtu.be/mbazd5XBItk

This next video is probably more like Snappers' people.

https://youtu.be/eIdWYMvDsXU

The blonde has a future as a vice reporter. =)

Edit: ahh, now this makes even more sense:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_JD_Porter
                        Except of course they didn't actually vote, because it was raining................
                        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by troung View Post
                          That liberal 18 to 24 age range, which is totally unwilling to go to war with Putin...
                          I am a little older than 24.

Comment

• There's something pernicious about the old figuring they had the right to decide the future for the young, especially since a significant fraction of the staunchest pro-Brexit folks won't be around 10 years hence, while the young, who happen to be the most adamant about staying in the EU will almost all still be alive and voting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
                              There's something pernicious about the old figuring they had the right to decide the future for the young, especially since a significant fraction of the staunchest pro-Brexit folks won't be around 10 years hence, while the young, who happen to be the most adamant about staying in the EU will almost all still be alive and voting.
                              Great, then in 10 years ask to be let back in under article 49 and get better terms. Well assuming that the EU is still around, is economically better off than the UK as a whole and hasn't turned into a regulatory monster like the US federal government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
                                There's something pernicious about the old figuring they had the right to decide the future for the young, especially since a significant fraction of the staunchest pro-Brexit folks won't be around 10 years hence, while the young, who happen to be the most adamant about staying in the EU will almost all still be alive and voting.
                                The old made the deal. The old didn't like the way the deal turned out. The old has the right to leave the deal that they've made in the first place.

As much as I love my daughter, she has no say on how I spend her inheritance, aka my money.
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X