No announcement yet.

Germany's Refugee Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well whatever im glad no,one was killed, but there is some conflicting testimony here kato . Keep a vigil , because its coming sure as shits shit ,,as in Mali today . ?

German authorities covered up the fact that explosives were found during an attempted terror attack at a soccer stadium earlier this week, according to an eyewitness who was told to keep quiet about what he saw.

Bild newspaper has published the testimony of a paramedic who saw an explosive device in an ambulance before the Germany vs Netherlands game which was canceled on Tuesday night after French intelligence tipped off German authorities about an impending attack involving three bombs to be detonated at the stadium and another two at a bus stop and a train station.
    Authorities later claimed that no explosives were found, but the paramedic says he witnessed the bomb and was “told not to talk about it” after special forces arrived on the scene.

Three police officers have also reportedly been disciplined for leaking information about the alleged discovery of the bombs.
    German authorities may have decided to conceal the fact that the explosives were found in order to prevent panic amongst the fans who had gathered around the stadium before the match

However, given that German police have been caught covering up rapes and other crimes involving migrants flooding into the country via the wave of refugees in order to not legitimize critics of the migrant influx,
    could the decision to cover-up the discovery of the bombs have been made under a similar justification?

The cell that planned to detonate the explosives reportedly consisted of five people.
    After last week’s massacre in Paris, it was confirmed that at least three of the jihadists linked to the plot had exploited the migrant crisis in order to slip into Europe, including the alleged mastermind behind the attacks Abdelhamid Abaaoud.
    Abaaoud bragged about being able to travel freely throughout Europe without being intercepted by authorities, telling Dabiq magazine, “My name and picture were all over the news yet I was able to stay in their homeland, plan operations against them and leave safely when doing so became necessary.”
    Ahmad Almohammad, the first Stade de France suicide bomber, also used a fake Syrian passport to sneak into Europe via Greece by posing as an asylum seeker.
    Last edited by tankie; 20 Nov 15,, 19:01.

Comment

• I know that this NYT article is focused on another topic, but i found this paragraph very interesting:

"Among the more than one million migrants who have entered Europe over the past year, fleeing war and poverty in the Middle East and beyond, men outnumber women by more than three to one, United Nations statistics show. “The men dominate, numerically and otherwise,” says Heike Rabe, a gender expert at the German Institute for Human Rights." - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/wo...ref=middleeast

Comment

• Originally posted by 1980s View Post
        I know that this NYT article is focused on another topic, but i found this paragraph very interesting:

"Among the more than one million migrants who have entered Europe over the past year, fleeing war and poverty in the Middle East and beyond, men outnumber women by more than three to one, United Nations statistics show. “The men dominate, numerically and otherwise,” says Heike Rabe, a gender expert at the German Institute for Human Rights." - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/wo...ref=middleeast
        It's very curious.

Is it because men have greater access to wealth and therefore the means, and are more motivated due to the threat of conscription? is it a cultural phenomena linked to an inferiority complex in women that decreases the chances of long migration, or the fact they are less likely to abandon their children, decreasing their chance of a continental migration?

In many cases of migration, men would men migrate initially, send money back, and eventually bring the family over...

Or are you implying a more sinister form of interesting?

Comment

• Originally posted by tantalus View Post
          It's very curious.

Is it because men have greater access to wealth and therefore the means, and are more motivated due to the threat of conscription? is it a cultural phenomena linked to an inferiority complex in women that decreases the chances of long migration, or the fact they are less likely to abandon their children, decreasing their chance of a continental migration?

In many cases of migration, men would men migrate initially, send money back, and eventually bring the family over...

Or are you implying a more sinister form of interesting?
          Not implying anything. Like you, i just think its very quite curious. The media here tends to give the impression that it is generally families which are on the move but the UNHCR statistics reveal otherwise: http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php

It also makes me wonder whether many of these people have any intention of ever returning to rebuild countries like Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. Evidently, not many think that these countries are worth saving for now and want a free pass to places like Germany and Sweden than stay in safe countries in the Middle East until the wars are over.

Also, Afghanistan being such a large share of the number also has got to strike anger in ordinary Americans that so much of their money and effort has been squandered on that country for nothing. Afghanistan is literally back at square 1 at the cost of billions of dollars, with little or nothing to show for that money and investment.

Comment

Not implying anything.
            Got it, wasn't sure. Definitely scope here for many towards the sinister...

Originally posted by 1980s View Post
            The media here tends to give the impression that it is generally families which are on the move but the UNHCR statistics reveal otherwise: http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php
            Indeed, more interesting news coverage.

It also makes me wonder whether many of these people have any intention of ever returning to rebuild countries like Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq. Evidently, not many think that these countries are worth saving for now and want a free pass to places like Germany and Sweden than stay in safe countries in the Middle East until the wars are over.
            The large number of people leaving the safer border countries for Europe is definitely indicative of something along these lines. I am not sure the gender disparity provides any additional insight. People are clearly prepared to undergo short to medium term hardship in the hope for long term gain.

Also, Afghanistan being such a large share of the number also has got to strike anger in ordinary Americans that so much of their money and effort has been squandered on that country for nothing. Afghanistan is literally back at square 1 at the cost of billions of dollars, with little or nothing to show for that money and investment.
            It definitely seems a poor investment, and in truth, i don't really understand what the Americans would have considered a good return upon weighing up the invasion in the first place, so looking from the outside in, it makes it difficult for me to judge, but perhaps the investment still has time to mature.

From what I have read of life under the Tailban, many Afghani women have already seen a dramatic, practical improvement in their lives, I would be inclined to place a high monetary value on that, but of course it wasn't my money.

Comment

It also makes me wonder whether many of these people have any intention of ever returning to rebuild countries like Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq.
              It's also considered a problem among German state politicians, to push this towards the thread topic. The other way around though. People who aren't here to stay have less reason to integrate, and generally just coast along till they're going back. They're harder to work with when it comes to finding them jobs or educating their kids. At the end many will stay despite other plans, and have essentially lost five years. Seen it with the 1.5 million Yugoslav war refugees Germany took in the mid-90s.

The Afghans coming here seem to usually have a quite wider-ranging refugee history. Many of them fled to Eastern Iran with their families, or families sent their sons threatened with conscription by Taliban or the Afghan government to relatives there. These kids are now in their late teens, turning adults, won't get jobs in Iran due to the social status of refugees there and they can't very well go to Afghanistan now that the security situation has worsened a lot with NATO mostly withdrawing.
              The latter change in the local security situation is rather relevant, since it means that we're getting a lot more minors with Afghan nationality as compared to from e.g. Syria or Iraq - because those born in the 90s had already moved back to Afghanistan five years ago. To the tune that in the past two years, Afghans have consistently made up more than half of unaccompanied minor refugees in Germany.

Comment

• when will the führer, oops, i meant chancellor, open such classes in Germany?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/20/wo...omen.html?_r=0
                Norway Offers Migrants a Lesson in How to Treat Women

Comment

• http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...s-from-denmark

Sweden to impose ID checks on travellers from Denmark
                  ...as Scandinavian countries compete with each other to shed their reputations as havens for asylum seekers.
                  look like the führer is the only one left holding the bag.

Comment

• Given the political disposition of the average Dane i'd call for ID checks for travellers from there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                      Given the political disposition of the average Dane i'd call for ID checks for travellers from there too.
                      but obviously thats not the motive of such policy change.

Comment

• Denmark has since introduced ID checks on the German border. Unlike Sweden, Denmark is doing this in line with Schengen treaty requirements - i.e. temporarily for 10 days, extendable to 30 days.

The funny part is that today more journalists than refugees gathered on the German-Danish border.

The Danish swift reaction is probably due to them losing out on all the alcohol tax on Swedes no longer shopping in Helsingborg and Copenhagen... seriously, if you've ever been on that border - it's utterly ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by drhuy View Post
                          when will the führer, oops, i meant chancellor, open such classes in Germany?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/20/wo...omen.html?_r=0
                          Wait until these migrants start to interact with homosexual couples.
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by kato View Post
                            Given the political disposition of the average Dane i'd call for ID checks for travellers from there too.
                            What disposition that might be?
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• and so it begins, sometimes karma comes quite fast

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ve-sex-attacks

Crisis talks in Cologne after reports of New Year's Eve sex attacks

Comment

• Except none of the suspects are refugees, and the amount of cases filed is about the same as every week in Cologne...

Comment

Working...
                                X