Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drhuy View Post
    can't you read?

I don't care about "first safety country". The point is if they plan to settle down permanently in germany, then they can not be called refugees, they are immigrants.
    Yes, I explained why your statement is incorrect.

I might ask you the same question.

Comment

• Originally posted by InExile View Post
      Yes, I explained why your statement is incorrect.

I might ask you the same question.

somebody should tell Canada government that they're wrong

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/canada.asp
      A refugee is different from an immigrant, in that an immigrant is a person who chooses to settle permanently in another country. Refugees are forced to flee.

Comment

somebody should tell Canada government that they're wrong

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/canada.asp
        The link supports my argument more than yours.

Refugees are forced to flee.
        The asylum program works to provide refugee protection to people in Canada who have a well-founded fear of persecution or are at risk of torture, or cruel or unusual punishment in their home countries.
        The UNHCR, along with private sponsors identifies refugees for resettlement. Even after a refugee is identified to Canada, it takes time to process the cases.
        Refugees can apply from outside Canada i.e. like in the 'first safe country'.

Also, refugees can apply for Permanent Residence in Canada (there is a quota of 10,000 per year which I think is fair number for a country the size of Canada), but that does make them any less refugees or simply regular immigrants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/refugee.asp

Comment

The link supports my argument more than yours.

Refugees can apply from outside Canada i.e. like in the 'first safe country'.

Also, refugees can apply for Permanent Residence in Canada (there is a quota of 10,000 per year which I think is fair number for a country the size of Canada), but that does make them any less refugees or simply regular immigrants.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/refugee.asp
          Refugees are forced to flee.
          were they forced to leave greece, turkey etc. for germany? No.

A refugee is different from an immigrant, in that an immigrant is a person who chooses to settle permanently in another country. Refugees are forced to flee.
          Did they choose to settle permanently in germany? Yes

then, they're immigrants, not refugees.

Comment

• Forced to leave no. Made to leave, yes.

Turkey imposes some bureaucratic procedures spanning to 2020 (maybe later), Greece organizes transport to tje border with Macedonia. We increased the number of trains and have very inhuman conditions for staying longer, similar situation in Serbia...

Yep they are not forced to leave.

OTOH, there are many economical miggrants, with 20k in pockets, new phones, etc...
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

were they forced to leave greece, turkey etc. for germany? No.
              They were forced to flee Syria, that makes them refugees as per International law.

Originally posted by drhuy View Post
              Did they choose to settle permanently in germany? Yes
              Not quite, they applied for asylum which is as per their right as refugees, its the policy of the German Government to give them Permanent Residence. They could well have chosen to keep them in camps and encourage them to return after the war. Also Germany deports asylum seekers from countries not at war, which is something I agree with.

At the best you might argue they are refugees first and immigrants only after that, and only because of the policy of the German Government.
              Last edited by InExile; 07 Jan 16,, 10:57.

Comment

They were forced to flee Syria, that makes them refugees as per International law.

Not quite, they applied for asylum which is as per their right as refugees, its the policy of the German Government to give them Permanent Residence. They could well have chosen to keep them in camps and encourage them to return after the war. Also Germany deports asylum seekers from countries not at war, which is something I agree with.

At the best you might argue they are refugees first and immigrants only after that, and only because of the policy of the German Government.
                yes, they're refugees in greece, turkey etc. I said this many times.

Comment

• They are not refugees in Greece if we follow your logic.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                    They are not refugees in Greece if we follow your logic.
                    how come?

Comment

how come?
                      They passed trough Turkey, which is a safe country.

Comment

They passed trough Turkey, which is a safe country.
                        yeah, i thought they crossed the sea directly from syria. Maybe thats why they're called migrants after all

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-pictures.html

Migrants attempt sea crossing from Turkey to Greek island of Kos
                        anyway, it does not affect the fact that those in germany are not refugees.

Comment

Forced to leave no. Made to leave, yes.

Turkey imposes some bureaucratic procedures spanning to 2020 (maybe later), Greece organizes transport to tje border with Macedonia. We increased the number of trains and have very inhuman conditions for staying longer, similar situation in Serbia...

Yep they are not forced to leave.

OTOH, there are many economical miggrants, with 20k in pockets, new phones, etc...
                          Plenty of those are small-medium level criminals.War is bad for bussiness,while bravery is in short supply.

Btw,how is crime situation?I presume a spike,but I can always be surprised :)
                          Those who know don't speak
                          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                            Plenty of those are small-medium level criminals.War is bad for bussiness,while bravery is in short supply.

Btw,how is crime situation?I presume a spike,but I can always be surprised :)
                            Here? Same. There are more locals trying to sneatch some euros than imported crime.

Comment

yes, they're refugees in greece, turkey etc. I said this many times.
                              They are refugees in Germany as per international law and the UN

You are entitled to your opinion but not your facts

Comment

They are refugees in Germany as per international law and the UN

You are entitled to your opinion but not your facts
                                yeah, its a "fact" because you're an international law professor?

Between you and the government of Canada, I'd rather not trust your 'fact'.

Comment

Working...
                                X