Rotherham child abuse scandal: 1,400 children exploited, report finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mind boggles

Police officers in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the Guardian
    The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is to investigate the conduct of 10 South Yorkshire police officers in relation to their handling of reported child sexual exploitation in Rotherham.

One officer from CID is alleged to have argued against charging a man who groomed a girl from the age of 12 because she consented “100%” – despite children under 16 being unable to legally consent to any sexual activity.

Another officer is accused of losing evidence relating to allegations that a victim had been raped four times. A further two officers reportedly failed to adequately investigate naked images of a young girl and possible evidence of group offending.

Those under investigation are part of a group of 13 referred to the IPCC by South Yorkshire police following Professor Alexis Jay’s independent review of child sexual exploitation in Rotherham in August.

Jay said blatant failures by police and political leadership in the town led to the abuse of 1,400 children over a 16-year period. She found that between 1997 and 2013, Rotherham’s most vulnerable girls, some as young as 11, were raped by large numbers of men. Yet police failed to bring the perpetrators to justice, often criminalising the victims instead.

Ofsted, the schools watchdog, added to the storm of criticism on Wednesday, citing children’s services in Rotherham for “widespread or serious failures that result in children being harmed or at risk of harm”. Ofsted inspected services in Rotherham a month after the publication of the Jay report.

The 10 police officers the IPCC is independently investigating were all identified through Jay’s report.

One is accused of ignoring two reports about exploitation – one in 2003 titled Sexual Exploitation, Drug Use and Drug Dealing: Current Situation in South Yorkshire, and the other in 2006 titled Violence and Gun Crime: Links with Sexual Exploitation, Prostitution and Drugs Markets in South Yorkshire.

The IPCC commissioner Kathryn Stone said: “The amount of public concern across the country about this episode and the impact on confidence in the police means it is important that a fully independent investigation is conducted to establish how South Yorkshire police dealt with child sexual exploitation.

“I sincerely hope that victims and their families will see this investigation as a positive step towards answering the many questions they must have. I have met with South Yorkshire police and am reassured by their commitment to fully cooperate with the investigation.”

South Yorkshire police said: “The force has met with the IPCC and remains absolutely committed to assisting them with their independent investigation in any way we can to ensure the full facts are established relating to any alleged misconduct. We will fully cooperate with the investigation into the force’s handling of child sexual exploitation and anyone found to have not acted appropriately will be held to account.”

The controversy that followed the publication of the Jay report led to a series of high-profile resignations including those of the Rotherham council leader Roger Stone, the council chief executive Martin Kimber and the director of children’s services Joyce Thacker. The most high-profile resignation was that of South Yorkshire’s police and crime commissioner Shaun Wright, who was the Rotherham councillor overseeing children’s services between 2005 and 2010.

South Yorkshire’s chief constable David Crompton has been under pressure to explain his force’s attitude towards child sexual exploitation over the last 15 years. Crompton has pledged to investigate individual cases and stressed that his force has seen a large increase in the number of officers and other staff devoted to tackling the issue in the last couple of years.

Last month the National Crime Agency announced it would lead an investigation into outstanding allegations of child sexual exploitation in Rotherham. It said it was taking on the inquiry following a request from Crompton.

On Wednesdsay Ofsted said: “The overall judgment is that children’s services are inadequate. In the delivery of services for looked-after children and care leavers these failures result in the welfare of these children not being safeguarded and promoted.

“Leaders and managers have not been able to demonstrate sufficient understanding of failures and have been ineffective in prioritising, challenging and making improvements.”

The report also judged the Local Safeguarding Children Board to be “inadequate”.
    It said: “The arrangements in place to evaluate the effectiveness of what is done by the authority and board partners to safeguard and promote the welfare of children are inadequate.”

Comment

Somalians too, altho it doesnt say if the girls were white or of various backgrounds: BBC News - Bristol sex gangs jailed for grooming girls

Comment

Originally posted by 1980s View Post
        Somalians too, altho it doesnt say if the girls were white or of various backgrounds: BBC News - Bristol sex gangs jailed for grooming girls
        At least most of these ones are in jail, hopefully the others will follow. Punishments way to lenient IMHO. A bit of after release deportation would also be in order too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
          At least most of these ones are in jail, hopefully the others will follow. Punishments way to lenient IMHO. A bit of after release deportation would also be in order too.
          The human rights act probably prevents their deportation back to a war zone like Somalia.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedicabby View Post
            Along with castration , UKs too f##n soft , just hang the bastards ,gig done , they and others wont be doing it again would they .

Comment

Unfortunately no.

Originally posted by tankie View Post
              Along with castration , UKs too f##n soft , just hang the bastards ,gig done , they and others wont be doing it again would they .
              Dead men don't tell tales.

I would not be suprised if the scumbags behind the scene which were their customers would not mind if they were executed.
              That way there would be no-one to point the finger at them.

Would also not be suprised if a succesfull assasination attempt would be made on them in jail for this reason.

These people need to rat all their customers out. And even then you have to be carefull, that they don't indicate innocent people out of spite.

Comment

SIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
                Share it now. Like it while you're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by windingriver View Post

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

Huh?

Comment

Yes of course, because there is an ongoing conspiracy controlled by the elite which
                    1: targets white countries
                    2: believes there are white countries to target
                    3: the purpose of the elite and their black minions is to breed with white people and take over white countries.

Begone.
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Forgetting for a moment the history of empire, slavery and colonialism where certain European powers decided to set about conquering the rest of the World and settling millions of European migrants in the Americas, Africa, Australasia, Siberia (if you count Russians among the "White") etc you might be surprised to know that there has been a steady and increasing migration of Europeans to both Africa and Asia over the past 10 or 15 years.

Just look at the mass migration of Portuguese to Angola over recent years for example or the growing European migration to China.

Oh well, he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X