Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have never heard about Garbuzov, sorry. ;)
    I remember the Soviet minister of finance Pavlov, for example. I don't know who is Garbuzov and why he has to do with the USSR collapse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      And? What happened?
      The referendums have, or are planned, to happen. Since the Crimea got one, back to Z's question
      So when are Chechnya and Dagestan getting a referendum?
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSecond View Post
        I have never heard about Garbuzov, sorry. ;)
        I remember the Soviet minister of finance Pavlov, for example. I don't know who is Garbuzov and why he has to do with the USSR collapse.
        I think I was clear why I mentioned him. He was in charge of Soviet finances for 25 years, till he died.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
          You miss the point; war is nobody's interests. Any leader who causes sanctions or war for his or her country by invading a foreign nation is the enemy of their own country. Waving flags and feeling proud of an increased border is; creating an enemy - is the best way to rob you of your rights. YOU will gain nothing, in fact you are more likely to lose - both financially and in liberty.
          There will be no war. Do you know why? Because Ukrainians will not fight against Russia. All these Ukrainian troops which are gathering near eastern borders and in South Ukraine - they will never get an order to fight. Nobody will give them such an order. Ukrainian army will not recieve the order from its government to attack Russian troops.

The only force in Ukraine that is ready to fight against Russia is the Right Sector. Nationalistic fascist group. It's about 40 thousand people. But they are not an army, they are the modern city guerillas. I've heard this definition on TV, it's very precise, I'd say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
            The referendums have, or are planned, to happen. Since the Crimea got one, back to Z's question
            Chechen had two referendums where those who voted and some who were not even alive cast their opinions. And Russia obeys the results :whome:

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              I think I was clear why I mentioned him. He was in charge of Soviet finances for 25 years, till he died.
              You know, that was in the times - the good old times :) - when nobody in USSR knew the name of Soviet Minister of finance.
              That was Zastoy. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                And we have a glorious victory,with almost 97% voting for unification with Russia.

Since I did not followed all the details,I can't be bothered to see if the Tatars and Ukrainians simply skipped the polls en masse or the Russians doctored the results.Either way,the results were clear before it started,although I expected something less resembling of the ''free elections'' of the 40's.
                It depends what TV you're watching. :)
                Watch youtube. Referendum in the Shtormovoye village near Sevastopol. Nice girl sings patriotic song :):

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                About Dagestan and Chechnya,the simple truth is they will get a only a smack in the face for the simple reason they're muslims and prone to Jihad.And it's good to keep it that way.In theory the situations may be similar.In practice,our wider interests dictate they're not.
                Russian actions can and should be opposed only when they attack our interests.
                Dagestan and Chechnya always give the highest percentage for Putin and his party in all elections.

Comment

Dagestan and Chechnya always give the highest percentage for Putin and his party in all elections.
                  Of course they do, but then again only the ethnic Russians have their votes counted- again and again and again.

Election Results Annulled at Dagestani Polling Station | Russia | RIA Novosti

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    Question. Say the Ukraine does break up. How does that really affect Russia?
                    I'm not sure I clearly understand you. What do you mean?

There are two options.
                    1) If Ukraine breaks up and Russia stay aside. This is one kind of affect.
                    2) If Ukraine breaks up (what is going on currently) and Russia acts. That's another kind of affect.

I want to say they are different situation. One situation was before overthrow of Yanokovich power in Kiev, and now this is another situation.

Comment

It depends what TV you're watching. :)
                      Watch youtube. Referendum in the Shtormovoye village near Sevastopol. Nice girl sings patriotic song :):

I don't watch TV.I have to deal with enough rubbish in real life.Besides,I like my IQ points to stay as they are,not decrease.

As for the Caucasians in question I won't be surprised if what you say is true.It makes sense.The jihadists brought chaos,destruction and the dumb islamic law.Average folks can't fight armed bandits,but they might vote for the one that brings peace.
                      Those who know don't speak
                      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        Of course they do, but then again only the ethnic Russians have their votes counted- again and again and again.

Election Results Annulled at Dagestani Polling Station | Russia | RIA Novosti
                        This is very funny joke. Millions of people in Russia would laugh loudly at this joke. Really.
                        Only the ethnic Russians have their votes counted. In Chechnya. Aha.

That resembles me when senator McCain wrote a letter to Putin through the newspaper Pravda. McCain couldn't think more idiotic move, as Pravda now is an official media body of the Communist Party of Russia, and Communist Party is the opposition to Putin's United Russia in State Duma. Mr. McCain supposed to be an "expert" on Russia, he's on TV always when it's about Russia. But I just can't find the words to describe the level of his illiteracy in respect of modern Russia.

Maybe McCain thinks Putin starts every morning from reading the newspaper of the Communist Party of Russia? I don't know.
                        Last edited by MrSecond; 17 Mar 14,, 22:41.

Comment

• Now that's some protest with a taste.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I like these ones - with potatoes inside and fried onion outside. :)

Comment

This is very funny joke. Millions of people in Russia would laugh loudly at this joke. Really.
                              Only the ethnic Russians have their votes counted. In Chechnya. Aha.

That resembles me when senator McCain wrote a letter to Putin through the newspaper Pravda. McCain couldn't think more idiotic move, as Pravda now is an official media body of the Communist Party of Russia, and Communist Party is the opposition to Putin's United Russia in State Duma. Mr. McCain supposed to be an "expert" on Russia, he's on TV always when it's about Russia. But I just can't find the words to describe the level of his illiteracy in respect of modern Russia.

Maybe McCain thinks Putin starts every morning from reading the newspaper of the Communist Party of Russia? I don't know.
                              Interesting strawman there... Russia under Putin is as corrupt as its ruler.

Comment

• Lobbying is not another, more subtle form of bribery?

Comment

Working...
                                X