Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Thursday for Ukraine

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
    Lol. I always have good sources. Whether the good sources are absolutely correct (as I'll demonstrate below) is an unknown.
    One month old site with 4 articles and empty "Contact Us" page? They might be the world best experts, but the site is very strange.

    The photos previously posted were obtained by the editor of the Kyiv Post who contacted Armament Research Services of Australia.

    They sent a munitions expert to Kyiv who examined the photos and talked to eyewitnesses. ARES analysis is available here

    .
    Over the past few days, various journalists, aid workers, and others have documented the presence of brass shotgun slugs in the streets of Kiev. One eyewitness ARES spoke with describes one such projectile having been fired into a crowd he was standing with. Two images depicting the fired projectiles (see below) were posted on Twitter by Christopher Miller and Oleksandr Aronets, both on the 22nd of January.
    So, "two photos on Twitter and some guy on Internetz told us..." (not a single word about experts in Kiev). Impressive proofs.
    Winter is coming.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NUS View Post
      Impressive proofs.
      I offered an alternative possibility - rubeykin hunting rounds which could easily have been obtained by the opposition.

      Apparently, you are far too lazy to do a bit of digging yourself.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • PM Azarov has tendered his resignation. This would mean the dissolution of the government within 60 days. Yanukovych must accept the resignation for it to be lawful and valid. Speculation is that Petro Poroshenko (independent former PM and oligarch) will be asked to accept the PM position and lead a caretaker government.

        The Rada has voted. Electronic tally that repeals the repressive laws of Black Thursday...



        In favor of repealing-361, against-2, abstain-49. The Rada has adjourned until 4pm Kyiv time when it will vote on protester amnesty.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
          I offered an alternative possibility - rubeykin hunting rounds which could easily have been obtained by the opposition.

          Apparently, you are far too lazy to do a bit of digging yourself.
          Actually, he seems quite busy in refuting your sources.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

          To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Doktor View Post
            Actually, he seems quite busy in refuting your sources.
            I myself didn't buy into it 100% because I had seen similar looking rounds somewhere before. It took me a while to remember, but I found them.

            The alternative rubeykin round possibility (which tends to serve his viewpoint) is a result of my digging.
            sigpic

            Comment



            • MP's applaud the overwhelming repeal of the Black Thursday laws

              BBC News - Ukraine crisis: Parliament abolishes anti-protest law
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of PM Mykola Azarov. According to the constitution, the government of Ukraine is now dissolved. A new government must be formed within 60 days. Kyiv is quiet.

                The were rumors that the Rada might consider a state of emergency, but I think the ministers realize that a police state would galvanize the entire population and be extremely difficult in a country that is more than twice the size of Germany. It is very likely that a deciding factor in today's developments was the spread of protests into the east. Scenes from my hometown of Zaporozhye...

                sigpic

                Comment


                • I always have fun when I see "ukrainized" Russian names like "Mykola" Nikolai Azarov, who is descended from Central Russia, Kaluga region, and who is actually half-Russian, half-Estonian.:)
                  But not-Russians do not understand that anyway.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MrSecond View Post
                    I always have fun when I see "ukrainized" Russian names like "Mykola" Nikolai Azarov, who is descended from Central Russia, Kaluga region, and who is actually half-Russian, half-Estonian.:)
                    But not-Russians do not understand that anyway.
                    I'll help them understand. His birth name was Nikolai Yanovich Pakhlo. When he married Lyudmila Azarova, he took her last name. Mykola (Микола) is the Ukrainian name for Nicholas and is very similar to the Russian name Kolya (Коля) which is a diminutive for Nikolai.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                      Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of PM Mykola Azarov. According to the constitution, the government of Ukraine is now dissolved. A new government must be formed within 60 days. Kyiv is quiet.

                      The were rumors that the Rada might consider a state of emergency, but I think the ministers realize that a police state would galvanize the entire population and be extremely difficult in a country that is more than twice the size of Germany. It is very likely that a deciding factor in today's developments was the spread of protests into the east. Scenes from my hometown of Zaporozhye...

                      Yanukyovch should have dismissed the government in December, at the very least.

                      Comment


                      • The Rada will discuss amnesty today. Hundreds have been arrested or kidnapped and there must be an accounting for these people.

                        From the esteemed VV Putin yesterday: "I'm sure the Ukrainian people will sort this out and Russia is not going to interfere."

                        He said that after he told Brussels not to interfere in Ukraine (which is of course... Putin interference)
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                          The Rada will discuss amnesty today. Hundreds have been arrested or kidnapped and there must be an accounting for these people.

                          From the esteemed VV Putin yesterday: "I'm sure the Ukrainian people will sort this out and Russia is not going to interfere."

                          He said that after he told Brussels not to interfere in Ukraine (which is of course... Putin interference)
                          I am not much of a fan of Putin's methods, but how is asking third party not to interfere, an interference?
                          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                          To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            but how is asking third party not to interfere, an interference?
                            An old idiom comes to mind... The pot calling the kettle black
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                              An old idiom comes to mind... The pot calling the kettle black
                              You are calling the things like what they are. For the sake of the discussion, I am judging only the official statements - in other words, Putin is confident his side is winning and is asking the EU to stay aside and so will Russia ;)
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                              To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                                I'll help them understand. His birth name was Nikolai Yanovich Pakhlo. When he married Lyudmila Azarova, he took her last name. Mykola (Микола) is the Ukrainian name for Nicholas and is very similar to the Russian name Kolya (Коля) which is a diminutive for Nikolai.
                                So, Nicholas Sarkozy would be Mykola Sarkozy if he headed the Ukrainian government. Sounds cool. :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X