Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK pulling out of EU?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Doktor View Post


    Oh, and if Scotland leaves UK for the very same reason, guys in City will be furious. Just saying.
    Hmmmmmm , its looking like a yes vote is on the cards Dok , financially it will be a bit of the city boys headache for sure , but for the jocks I hope they get all they wish for .As billy Wallace wanted , freeeeeeeeeeeeeedommmmmm , buttttttttttttttt will they join the EU , and be an even smaller Island , with NO freeeeeeeeeeedom :whome:
    Last edited by tankie; 28 Jun 14,, 12:27.

    Comment


    • Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its a misquote , he said sod off n stop pissin on our chips n derailing our gravy train ,, otherwise known as pigs troughs .

      Comment


      • The simple fact is that free trade doesn't require another layer of bureaucrats, politicians and unelected executives who pass laws on everything under the sun (a carrot is a fruit if used to make jam) and dream up insane ideas due to some form Euro-idealism. Competition dies and we pay another whole level of Government and translators, typists, policy staff etc etc.. It's an enormous waste of money and the schemes they come up with - like the euro - are unmitigated disasters. If Kato and others wish to impose trade tariffs on the UK when the UK leaves then the UK will impose similar tariffs on EU imports to the UK and seeing as the UK is the EU single largest export market this would more detrimental for them than Britain. Hell the smugglers would return in force and we'd still get our frog cheese and champers. Continental system didn't work for Napoleon and now when the UK is the largest export market for the EU it would kill jobs all across the eurozone to impose trade sanctions on the UK.

        Comment


        • London moving to Frankfurt would be enough.
          No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

          To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

          Comment


          • Snapper , carrots as fruit , lol , yes and dont forget the law which stated all bananas must be straight ,,and these lame brained arsewipes who think it up get paid , FFS , they should be castrated to prevent breeding

            Hey Dok , hands off Londonistan , the yanks in F/Furt wouldnt want them anyway , another 300+ languages to learn :whome:

            Comment


            • Snapper , have you heard of this , seems like their heads have been pulled from their arses after UKIPs successes .

              TORY PLAN TO CAP ‪#‎EU‬ MIGRATION.
              Senior Conservatives are drawing up radical plans to cap the number of immigrants allowed into Britain from poorer European Union countries. Under the scheme, existing EU members, such as Romania and Bulgaria, as well as new countries joining in future, would be included in the restrictions on migrant numbers. The move would tear up the EU’s founding principles of “free movement” for citizens. The so-called “two rings of Europe” model would see Britain and other countries formally split from the core of nations inside the eurozone, who are committed to “ever closer” integration of their political systems and economies. The Prime Minister is coming under pressure from inside his own party to adopt a tougher stance on issues such as immigration in order to neutralise the threat posed by the UKIP. Tory MP Peter Bone said: “Immigration caused by EU freedom-of-movement rules is the number one issue that comes up on the doorstep when I talk to voters. It leads to pressure on housing, hospitals, schools and other public services. People want to see our borders brought back under control.”
              Tory plan to cap EU migration - Telegraph
              AT LAST... TORIES FIGHT TO STOP EU MIGRANTS AS TOP MPS FIGHT TO LIMIT POOR ENTRANTS INTO UK.
              Top Conservative MPs want limit on poor migrants coming to Britain from EU countries | Politics | News | Daily Express

              Comment


              • Nigel Farage - First speech in the new European parliament - YouTube

                Comment


                • Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  Snapper , have you heard of this , seems like their heads have been pulled from their arses after UKIPs successes .

                  TORY PLAN TO CAP ‪#‎EU‬ MIGRATION.
                  Senior Conservatives are drawing up radical plans to cap the number of immigrants allowed into Britain from poorer European Union countries. Under the scheme, existing EU members, such as Romania and Bulgaria, as well as new countries joining in future, would be included in the restrictions on migrant numbers. The move would tear up the EU’s founding principles of “free movement” for citizens. The so-called “two rings of Europe” model would see Britain and other countries formally split from the core of nations inside the eurozone, who are committed to “ever closer” integration of their political systems and economies. The Prime Minister is coming under pressure from inside his own party to adopt a tougher stance on issues such as immigration in order to neutralise the threat posed by the UKIP. Tory MP Peter Bone said: “Immigration caused by EU freedom-of-movement rules is the number one issue that comes up on the doorstep when I talk to voters. It leads to pressure on housing, hospitals, schools and other public services. People want to see our borders brought back under control.”
                  Tory plan to cap EU migration - Telegraph
                  AT LAST... TORIES FIGHT TO STOP EU MIGRANTS AS TOP MPS FIGHT TO LIMIT POOR ENTRANTS INTO UK.
                  Top Conservative MPs want limit on poor migrants coming to Britain from EU countries | Politics | News | Daily Express

                  Not exactly up to date with UK politics but it sounds like another "oh look over there while rob you" tactic. Never going to happen as it would offend the Human Rights 'law'. Just more words... The ivory towers need breaking down before there's change in the UK and I say that as part of the 'establishment', having been to public (private) school and Cambridge and then areas of the public service.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by snapper View Post
                    Not exactly up to date with UK politics but it sounds like another "oh look over there while rob you" tactic. Never going to happen as it would offend the Human Rights 'law'. Just more words... The ivory towers need breaking down before there's change in the UK and I say that as part of the 'establishment', having been to public (private) school and Cambridge and then areas of the public service.
                    This guy has my total respect , says it like it is .

                    A secret ballot for a choice of one - YouTube

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by snapper View Post
                      Never going to happen as it would offend the Human Rights 'law'.
                      Sure, you just need to quit the European Union and join the illustrous range of European countries without some sort of in on the Schengen agreement. Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Russia, Belarus...

                      Comment


                      • Kato,

                        I am not following you. Care to expand a bit?
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                        To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                        Comment


                        • The "two rings of Europe" model referred to by tankie, quoted by snapper.

                          Pretty simple to create two rings of Europe. First ring is the EU, second ring is the countries around it...

                          Comment


                          • Just curious....what is the birthrate amongst the Anglo-Saxon population in the UK?
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

                            Comment


                            • http://iussp2009.princeton.edu/papers/93139

                              'bout 1.8, and been that way for decades. On the rise recently, actually. Most immigrant groups - other than Pakistani and Bangladeshi - generally below 2.0 too, if that's what you're trying for.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kato View Post
                                The "two rings of Europe" model referred to by tankie, quoted by snapper.

                                Pretty simple to create two rings of Europe. First ring is the EU, second ring is the countries around it...
                                I was not following since UK is not in Schengen.
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

                                To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X