Torn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn

As it happened: Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film - Yahoo!7 News

I'm not a racist but...

Those few words that discredit any monologue.

But seriously, if you want to crack the shits over some anti religious film that pisses you off, write about it in a blog or something. Don't go tearing up the streets in the name of your particular greater being.

There is no need for this in the western world, a world that I happen to think is at the top of its game.

This stuff really infuriates me.

Go Pies!

There is probably some behind the scenes manipulation.

No way, you see something and then after a whole 6 months you decide to get angry. When people see something that pisses them off it happens immediately.

The same has happened with the mohammed cartoons nothing happens for months and then a shit storm. Looks like a rerun of the cartoons as far as I'm concerned.

The people involved in the cartoon riots were concerned that the pictures were not offensive enough, so they added 2 more:

These images are designed to piss off Muslims. If, in spite of the warning, you click on the spoiler tags or the link and you are offended, IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT.

Mohammed with a pig face:
    Spoiler!

Mohammed having intercourse with a dog:
    Spoiler!

Source:
    The Conservative Sites WebRing

Comment

I keep telling people that I've seen "An Inconvenient Truth" but you don't see me burn down Michael Mann's house or Al Gore's mansion.

Muslims need to get a sense of humor. Freedom of expression means protecting unpopular speech. Popular speech doesn't need protection.

Doesn't matter how much I disagree with the Black Panther, White Arian Resistance, American Nazi Party, or the Communist Party, I will defend their right to exist.

I guess that's the difference between a conservative and a religious fanatic.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

No One Murdered Because Of This Image | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Spoiler!
        Attached Files
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I'll do one better. A real life situation in New York. A holy figure in a major religion was insulted. Yet the supposed artist who committed this transgression did not need to go into hiding. British embassy and consulates were not attacked. There was no call for cutting off someone's head.

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/offices/co...8/madonna.html

How about this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Las..._Christ_(film)

There were boycotts and protests, but those evil, intolerant fundamental christians didn't threaten to kill anyone, or set anyone's house on fire, or cut anyone's head off.
          Last edited by gunnut; 18 Sep 12,, 01:14.

Comment

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
            No One Murdered Because Of This Image | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Spoiler!
            For some reason the picture seems to prove, that we are in dire need of more hot looking female goddesses.:red:

Maybe the worship of Aphrodite and Venus should be revived.

Comment

Originally posted by FJV View Post
              For some reason the picture seems to prove, that we are in dire need of more hot looking female goddesses.:red:

Maybe the worship of Aphrodite and Venus should be revived.
              Attached Files
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

I really hope we pass anti-blasphemy laws in this country. It will be a hoot to watch just like sharia in San Francisco.

Comment

That's gross and offensive, especially with the depiction of Ganesh now that we have the Ganesh Chathurthi festival going on, even for an agnostic like me, even though I understand the intent.

However, it does not make me want to murder people, just close the Spoiler button to remove it. If one is offended, one should not watch. That is punishment enough for an artist.
                  "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Yep, it was drawn to make a point - I'm sure it is offensive to these three religions - but they each took it for what is was - a stupid cartoon.

These Muslim fundamentalists need to take a lesson. If they can't coexist in society - then they need to be removed.
                    sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                      That's gross and offensive, especially with the depiction of Ganesh now that we have the Ganesh Chathurthi festival going on, even for an agnostic like me, even though I understand the intent.

However, it does not make me want to murder people, just close the Spoiler button to remove it. If one is offended, one should not watch. That is punishment enough for an artist.
                      Yes, it is gross and offensive, and like Whiskey said, is there to prove a point. I look at the caricature and know that it's just a plain old stupid cartoon, and not even worth getting angry over. Maybe our Muslim friends should begin to learn that as well.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Oh dear o dear :whome:

Pakistani man dies after inhaling fumes from burning American flag at anti-Islam film rally | Mail Online

Comment

A number of religious leaders addressed the rally including Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, head of the Jamatud Dawa organisation - one of the largest and most active militant Islamist groups in South Asia.
                              He claimed the film had been produced with the backing of the U.S. establishment.
                              He said director Nakoula Basseley Nakoula and others involved in its production and release must be hanged.
                              According to the Express Tribune he told protestors: 'The U.S. must make a law against blasphemy – or we will not let the U.S. consulates in Pakistan function.'
                              He also dismissed the value of the resolution made on September 13 by parliament which condemning the movie. He said the country's president Asif Ali Zardari must announce jihad against countries such as the U.S. who 'support attacks on Islam'.

Read more: Pakistani man dies after inhaling fumes from burning American flag at anti-Islam film rally | Mail Online
                              IMO, Persons like this are responsible - if their gov't can't arrest them and keep them from attacking other countries - someone else will.
                              sigpic"If your plan is for one year, plant rice. If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
                              If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."

Comment

Working...
                              X