Julian Assange - Extradition or Asylum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mog Reply

"I would be interested to know what you think the Brits have done to warrant being labelled as perfidious?"

Need I remind you that Mick and Keith ousted Brian Jones from the Stones? Sheer perfidy. Brits. The both of them. There you go.

Ya just can't trust 'em.

Nor you until you get your azz up to the intro thread and share a wee tad of your mangy self.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

• Say what you want about the Brits, bash them all you like, but they saved your asses so many times.

They never came to assist in Nam and look how it ended.

This **** is good I need some more ;)
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• I forgot to mention queuing.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Everyone in this is playing to their type. Assange can leverage the enemy of his enemy is his friend.

Ecuador wants to join the "two fingers to the US" club of Venezuala and Cuba - and raise its status amongst those in Central America.

Britain has explained that it reserves the right to enter foreign embassies not because it will, but to point out that it gets right royally fucked off with, for example, the Iranian Embassy in 1980 or Libyan Embassy in 1984. Pull that now and British Law empowers the state to sort that shit out without having to dance around too much (i.e. having the Iranians blame the Brits for Iranians taking Iranians hostages on notiionally Iranian territory which cost people their lives).

What will be interesting is at what point the Ecuadorians realise that they have got all the mileage they can get out of Assange given that the US is refusing to take the bait and charge him with anything. The US may be awaiting his extradition and then prove him right? The US might hate him, but might simply not have anything to charge him with.

Either way they'd be mad to shoot their bolt while he is in the embassy (although they cocked up the Abu Hamza extradition when the US didn't STFU about the death penalty so the US has form here) , as doing so makes Assange's case, and bolsters Ecuador.

At the moment Ecuador is "thumbing its nose at the US" by giving succor to an Australian who is avoiding extradition from Britain to Sweden - not something that is going to fire the blood of the drinkers in Varadero methinks.

There was talk recently of Assange becoming unwell - I presume this is true since if he started faking it his new hosts could use that as an excuse to have him leave their territory and lo and behold be arrested ...
          at

Comment

• C'mon, Julian, give up the fight and come to the US?

We won't prosecute you...

In fact we'll even set you up in a nice little cottage up in the Big Bear area and have the San Bernardino cops look after ya....

Comment

• Gotta feel bad for the guy being held hostage in that embassy for close to two years now. Apparently the UK has spent 8 million bucks monitoring him there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solastalgia View Post
                Gotta feel bad for the guy being held hostage in that embassy for close to two years now. Apparently the UK has spent 8 million bucks monitoring him there.
                I agree. its a disgrace. And why? Because the US paid some lying bitches (women lie about rape & sexual assault all the time) to make up stories about a man who should be given a Nobel Peace Prize. Personally I'm sick of actually having to ask women their permission to have sex. I mean, look at the way they dress. They are just begging for it. Assange has just stood up for men everywhere, and now the progressives are destroying him for it.

Nice to have you on board Solastalgia. Too many people get cowed by the PC dictatorship on the issue of rape. Assange has shown the way.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                  Nice to have you on board Solastalgia. Too many people get cowed by the PC dictatorship on the issue of rape. Assange has shown the way.
                  I'm sorry, but I'm not on board with your opinion of rape and sex.

I do agree, though, that the rape case against Assange was purely fabricated for the sole purpose of getting him extradited.

Comment

• Originally posted by solastalgia View Post
                    i do agree, though, that the rape case against assange was purely fabricated for the sole purpose of getting him extradited.
                    You've got to be shitting me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      I agree. its a disgrace. And why? Because the US paid some lying bitches (women lie about rape & sexual assault all the time) to make up stories about a man who should be given a Nobel Peace Prize. Personally I'm sick of actually having to ask women their permission to have sex. I mean, look at the way they dress. They are just begging for it. Assange has just stood up for men everywhere, and now the progressives are destroying him for it.

I hear ya brother!!

Let's get this thing started!!

We've been relegated to holding their purses while they shop for farr too long!

It's time we strike back!!

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm not on board with your opinion of rape and sex.
                        Sure you are. Either the women are telling the truth or they are lying bitches.

I do agree, though, that the rape case against Assange was purely fabricated for the sole purpose of getting him extradited.
                        See. Told ya. The bitches lied. Its what women do. You are 100% on board, you just won't admit it to yourself.
                        sigpic

Comment

• This forum is a bit disturbing. In the first day on here, I've already had to deal with climate change deniers, nationalists, and sexists/rape apologists.

This might just be my last day on here, as well...

Comment

This forum is a bit disturbing. In the first day on here, I've already had to deal with climate change deniers, nationalists, and sexists/rape apologists.

Busy day, indeed. In fact, you may hold the record for most opinions posted in one day. Maybe you should take a few days off and recharge your batteries. I'd also suggest an attitude change. The WAB is not populated by dummies.
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

This forum is a bit disturbing.
                              Only if you lead with your chin & spend your first few weeks here posting more than you read. You've been here 5 minutes & you've spent most of that time lecturing. Read the guide below and then shut up for a while & work out how the place functions before you make any judgements.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/wab...val-guide.html

The Colonel already has your scent & he hasn't fed for a while.

In the first day on here, I've already had to deal with climate change deniers, nationalists, and sexists/rape apologists.
                              Gosh! poor you. Must be awful to encounter people who disagree with you & are prepared to say so. Did you faint at the horror of it all? Perhaps you should head back to Kos or whatever other forums are full of people you agree with. Wouldn't want to make you cry.

Now, lets unpack this a bit.

climate change deniers
                              Personally I disagree with the dominant view on WAB on Climate Change, but as I am not prepared to put in the effort to construct my counter-argument I don't have a tanty that others disagree with me. Put your case, but don't expect people to fall over themselves to admit that they were wrong all along.

nationalists
                              What deep dark corner of the net can you find where there aren't nationalists? I've spent my entire life on the political left & it is chock full of them. They just have a different view of their nation to the right wing ones.

sexists/rape apologists.
                              You see one of those in the mirror every morning precious. You've simply done what every other sexist/rape apologist does, you've constructed an excuse. Julian just can't have done those awful things coz he's a hero and all, so the women must be lying. You are no different to any other person who dismisses claims of rape or sexual assault as 'lies'. They are all convinced they are right too.

As you have clearly missed it, I was using deliberately ugly language to make a point about your attitudes. You were so busy being self-righteous you missed it. Unlike you, I actually believe women when they claim rape until it is proven that they are not being truthful. Thus far Assange has refused to test those allegations at trial. it continues to fascinate me that people who claim to be all 'womens rights' and such suddenly turn into 'women are lying bitches' types when the person accused is some hero of theirs. it would be funny if it weren't do damned offensive.

Get it? probably not.

Assange is a sexist creep. How do I know this? First, look at where I'm from. Look familiar? I've met people who have dealt with him personally.

And then there is this:

The Australian's girlfriend Sarah Harrison - who in 2013 flew to Moscow to assist Edward Snowden - told him Assange once threatened to sack her as his assistant "because I had hugged another member of staff".

"He openly chats girls up and has his hand on their arse," she said, "and goes nuts if I even talk to another guy."

O'Hagan writes that when Jemima Khan publicly turned on Assange he didn't ask why a loyal supporter might become aggrieved but rather "made a horribly sexist remark".

Read more: Writer dishes dirt on 'sexist' Assange

I don't have a lot of doubt that he is capable of what he is accused of and I don't think the young women are lying.

Nobody would cry. Thus far you have been little more than a left wing cliché machine. Having spent my entire life on the political left (Fabian society, Labour party, countless marches & treasurer of a Communist Cricket club for a decade) I am too old & grumpy to put up with regurgitated cookie cutter leftism. Simply being a mirror image of the run of the mill right wing netizen is a waste of bandwidth.

This place isn't a knitting circle. You need to argue your case & earn your stripes. You need to be prepared to deal with people who will never agree with you. If that is too much like hard work then perhaps you need to find a place where everyone agrees with you. This won't be it.
                              sigpic

Comment

• :parihakagigglesquietly:
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X