Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing it wasn't used during the 1990 gulf war? :P

Comment

He said the shield, as part of phase one of the programme, can be put in place at two places in the country, where the infrastructure is available.
      You've just told a potential enemy what to hit to neutralize this shield.

Comment

Do we have a potential enemy capable of the required level of precision? Pak, China? (How likely?)

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
          Do we have a potential enemy capable of the required level of precision? Pak, China? (How likely?)
          China right now have the conventional missile numbers and the precision to do this but they're facing Taiwan at the moment and more likely would goto North Korea next. I don't think Pakistan have anywhere near the numbers to do this. However, let's be clear about this. We're talking soft kills, not hard kills. Incoming missiles spreading clouds of chaft in front of the radars would effectively blind this system long enough for other missiles to goto their targets.

Comment

Sir,

Understood, but isn't such a scenario improbable given the current "environment" in South Asia, with the likelihood of any conflict being limited (border war?) in nature?

If not then how would you counter this fallibility? I guess by deploying more "eyes"? :whome:

Comment

I was thinking counter-measures, not probability. The very fact that India states that two sites can be protected automatically raises the question how to deal with the counter-measures.

As for how to counter this fallibility, for one, I would shut the hell up.

Comment

I have a question regarding current testing of canistered versions.

Since canistered version is made so that it could hide well and escape attacks on it and maintain nuclear deterrent, will India mate the nuclear warheads with this mobile missiles? Because I had read that neither India nor Pakistan have ever mated their nuclear warheads with missiles?

Comment

Working...
                X