Fighting for the Soul of Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMartel View Post
    sorry, but there is absolutely no way mohammed's allah is the same God of Abraham and Christianity.
    “…in my Fathers house are many mansions.”
    When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by CMartel View Post
      sorry, but there is absolutely no way mohammed's allah is the same God of Abraham and Christianity.

I assume this has been discussed ad nauseaum here, but it had to be said.
      Please present me your arguments before I present mine.
      "Allah is the antichrist" need no apply.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
        Please present me your arguments before I present mine.
        "Allah is the antichrist" need no apply.
        no one said anything about AntiChrist.

and since this topic has been around for a while, I doubt anyone has anything new.

Comment

You wrote both Mohammad and Allah without capital letters, while you wrote the Christian words with capitals. Even an avid opponent of Islam like myself does not do so. This made me thinking...

Also, what topic do you refer to? No arguments on this matter have been posted before (except perhaps my posts about Islam), and you have not presented any arguments yet.

Comment

Mohammed is the anti-Christ..there, I've said it!

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              Also, what topic do you refer to? No arguments on this matter have been posted before (except perhaps my posts about Islam), and you have not presented any arguments yet.
              Whether or not islam's allah is the same as the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John is the topic of which I was refering.

I did say that I assumed it had been covered. There is a fairly robust amount of traffic to this mb and it seems unlikely that the topic has never come up. And regardless of whether it has come up or not, it is a much covered discussion elsewhere in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Telemacus View Post
                Two posts. The last troll (from Pakistan) was able to make four before someone banned him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock View Post
                  Two posts. The last troll (from Pakistan) was able to make four before someone banned him.
                  A new record?
                  When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Amled View Post
                    A new record?
                    I think it was...

Comment

How a decades-old crisis of authority affects the campaign against terrorism?

The issue is the challenge that the Wahhabis, having usurped the mantle of Islam, have on the world, which is combating terrorism that the Wahhabis have unleashed!

The problem is that because there has been no strong reaction from within the world Islamic community, the Wahhabis are reigning unabated.

The Wahhabis have started taking on the Islamic world too. Iraq, notwithstanding , they have attacked in Morocco and Algiers too!

So, all have to put their heads together and find ways how to win the soul of Islam!
                      Last edited by Ray; 13 Apr 07,, 03:31.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock View Post
                        But is it fair to ban someone for their beliefs? For religious people to harp on about god et al may be insulting in the eyes of athiests - food for thought?

Comment

Originally posted by WhamBam View Post
                          I would just like to ask one thing. Why does the Quran mention only Judaism and Christianity but there is no mention of other great religions of the time, the followers of which were much more numerous? Were they not even worthy of mention? Or more likely, the person concerned was not aware of the existence of these religions?
                          my friend here's your answer: (i didnt realize how to multi-quote :( )

"For exemple Quran says there was 300 000 Prophets...but only 4 Major religions, 4 books...and only ONE GOD...

The Holy Bible, The Torah, The "Zebur"(i dont know this in english) and the Quran are the same God' s books and are the same...

All of them are Holy and have Gods own words..."

@entropy,
                          "If Islam is Windows XP, then Christianity is Windows 98 and Judaism is Windows 95. Buddhism, Zoroastrianism ... are Linux, Apple and the like."

no this is not the right point of wiew my friend.

Islam says that these religions are holy and followers of this religions are also in the good way...these religions (if you read without prejudice) are very similar each other.

forcing someone to make him a muslim is a very huge sin...
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Here's a story you may not have seen in the Western press (I picked it up in the Bangkok Post). While Singapore is not my ideal of a liberal democracy, it is a modern western nation.

If this decision was passed by the Family Court in Australia all the usual conservative suspects would be screaming about how the left has emasculated men etc. etc. But as it is from a Sharia court in Singapore, it will probably pass without notice.

Islam is every bit as incompatible with democracy, secularism, women's rights & peace as Christianity. That is why the west has banished religion to the realm of the personal (though it continues to fight to reassert itself). In the west Islam occupied that same place. it will just take a bit longer for Muslim countries to get there.

in the meantime, we can help by being smart. Those who want some sort of 'war on Islam' or see a terrorist every time someone prays to mecca play up to every stereotype of the imperialist West that the radical islamists want other muslims to believe. If the west wants a positive outcome here then it will be achieved with brains, not brawn.

The Raw Story | Muslim divorcee receives record alimony payment in Singapore

"Muslim divorcee receives record alimony payment in Singapore dpa German Press Agency
                            Published: Monday April 9, 2007

Singapore- A Muslim woman was awarded 80,000 Singapore
                            dollars (52,600 US dollars) in a one-time alimony payment, the
                            highest amount ever set in a divorce case by the Shariah Court in
                            Singapore, media reports said on Tuesday.
                            Yusri Mohamad Mohsen, 36, also has to pay the woman who had been
                            his wife for 11 years another 3,000 Singapore dollars (2,000 US
                            dollars) a month for the next three months in living expenses, The
                            Straits Times reported.

The three-month payments are because Nooraine Minhaj, 35, cannot
                            remarry during that period as stipulated under Islamic law.

The husband has appealed to the Islamic Religious Council of
                            Singapore against the decision. The Shariah Court handles divorces of
                            Muslim couples.

The alimony comes to about 20 Singapore dollars (13 US dollars)
                            for each day of the marriage.

"Usually, the court would set alimony based on about 2 to 3
                            (Singapore dollars) for each day of marriage," Lawyer Mohammed Lufti
                            told the newspaper.

Nooraine was also granted 25 per cent of a 660,000-US-dollar boat
                            deemed part of the matrimonial assets, and was awarded custody of the
                            couple's two children.

© 2006 - dpa German Press Agency
                            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Big K View Post
                              veera,

iam afraid you are a little bit misinformed.

there's no TRUE God...There's ONLY ONE GOD.

For exemple Quran says there was 300 000 Prophets...but only 4 Major religions, 4 books...and only ONE GOD...

so No TRUE GOD..but the SAME GOD my friend. :)
                              why death sentence for a muslim apostle ???? aren't such draconian laws completly refutes ur argument of ONLY ONE GOD ????

perhaps how many of WAB respected members agreed to ONLY ONE GOD

I assume this has been discussed ad nauseaum here, but it had to be said.
                              above highlighted points stands as a testimony of god playing the dividing role in our society.....

this world would have been much better had we all prayed to SATAN - the reason being atleast this evil entity gets unanimous approval across all reiglions ....it is the ONE TRUE GOD which has split open us ....dont u agree????

Comment

Big K:
                                So you mean that Islam does respect other major non-Abrahamistic religions? That's new to me, but still quite possible given the fact that I've only read passages in the Qu'ran, never the entire book.

As for CMartel: you continue writing Allah and Mohammad without capitols. You do not give arguments. This gives me a feeling that your opinions are similar to those of Pat Robertson and the like - bigoted. If not, please state otherwise.
                                And no, the topic has not been discussed on WAF, neither have I heard anyone ever discussing it in the real world. Most people I know agree that the only difference between El and Al Ilah are spelling differences.
                                Last edited by entropy; 13 Apr 07,, 10:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X