Aligarh next hotspot for communal disharmony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aligarh next hotspot for communal disharmony

ALIGARH: Ayodhya has been through it before. So have Mathura and Kashi. Now it's Aligarh bearing the brunt of communal violence.

The price paid has been heavy - seven dead, more than three dozen injured and about 200 detained, besides a loss of crores mainly in brassware and lock (taala) trade.

The roots of the issue may, however, be deeper than the immediate trigger on Thursday, when Hindus and Muslims clashed over worship at a Devi temple at Dahi-wali Gali. There are also allegations that had police not fired, everything may have been settled amicably.

A mosque is located barely 15 metres from the temple and there is a dispute as to which community the temple site belonged.

Till last year worshipping was prohibited at the temple until a court order came in favour of Hindus, allowing them to offer puja.

While Muslims claim that entire land including the temple was owned by the mosque, Hindus claim that the mosque was constructed later so the land belonged to them.

An off shoot of the land ownership problem was the use of loudspeakers, for azaan or for aarti.

On Thursday problem started when Muslims objected to use of loudspeakers for Ram Navami puja at the temple. Senior officers were already there, who tried to sort the problem.

In the meantime, a few BJP workers including its district president Raghuraj Singh alleged that Muslim youngsters were passing lewd remarks at women.

Officers, including DIG Mukul Goel went to pacify the people, but were surrounded by an agitated mob. Sensing trouble, city SP S K Verma ordered firing in which people were killed, alleged BJP district president Raghuraj Singh.

Singh also claimed that there was no need of police firing and things at that point were still under control, but all of a sudden police resorted to firing and the situation worsened.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1483831.cms

Originally posted by platinum786
    ALIGARH: Ayodhya has been through it before. So have Mathura and Kashi. Now it's Aligarh bearing the brunt of communal violence.

The price paid has been heavy - seven dead, more than three dozen injured and about 200 detained, besides a loss of crores mainly in brassware and lock (taala) trade.

The roots of the issue may, however, be deeper than the immediate trigger on Thursday, when Hindus and Muslims clashed over worship at a Devi temple at Dahi-wali Gali. There are also allegations that had police not fired, everything may have been settled amicably.

A mosque is located barely 15 metres from the temple and there is a dispute as to which community the temple site belonged.

Till last year worshipping was prohibited at the temple until a court order came in favour of Hindus, allowing them to offer puja.

While Muslims claim that entire land including the temple was owned by the mosque, Hindus claim that the mosque was constructed later so the land belonged to them.

An off shoot of the land ownership problem was the use of loudspeakers, for azaan or for aarti.

On Thursday problem started when Muslims objected to use of loudspeakers for Ram Navami puja at the temple. Senior officers were already there, who tried to sort the problem.

In the meantime, a few BJP workers including its district president Raghuraj Singh alleged that Muslim youngsters were passing lewd remarks at women.

Officers, including DIG Mukul Goel went to pacify the people, but were surrounded by an agitated mob. Sensing trouble, city SP S K Verma ordered firing in which people were killed, alleged BJP district president Raghuraj Singh.

Singh also claimed that there was no need of police firing and things at that point were still under control, but all of a sudden police resorted to firing and the situation worsened.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ow/1483831.cms
    Plat
    I think we all know that TOI's website is http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com , and we are more then capable of reading all the articles posted there.
    It's not as if we have limited bandwith on our connections that you go through TOI with great pains and post all there articles here.

Comment

Are you frustrated or just bored??

Comment

Aligarh has always been a hotspot!

Wherever there is a sizeable Moslem population, there is bound to be trouble.

The attitude of a large majority of Indian Moslem is the same as that what has irked the world!

Coexistence is not their way of life!

I don't blame them. They live in squalor, filth and overcrowded style. Everyone gets into the others hair and the anger finds expression elsewhere.

Just today, I got my voters ID. I had to collect it in a Moslem majoprity area. I was appalled! I asked my meatman (Moslems are the butchers in India. Hindus normally don't take to this profession) and he said exactly what I wrote!

UP, Gujerat, Maharastra and Bihar amongst others are States where things can go wrong!
        Last edited by Ray; 10 Apr 06,, 22:21.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

My last post on this was just a news report, however this report has divulged into into the reasons behind the fight, it was a territory issue. Now do the hindu prayers co-oncide with the azaan? why was there problem over the use of the loud speaker?

If both communities are sharing some land for holy sites why not turn that land into a multi faith garden or soemthing useful for the poor of the area....even the citizens of the village?

Comment

My last post on this was just a news report, however this report has divulged into into the reasons behind the fight, it was a territory issue. Now do the hindu prayers co-oncide with the azaan? why was there problem over the use of the loud speaker?

If both communities are sharing some land for holy sites why not turn that land into a multi faith garden or soemthing useful for the poor of the area....even the citizens of the village?
            Loudspeakers are a nuisance.

They invade the privacy of others who are not involved.

Loudspeaker should be banned, be it for Hindus or Moslems.

Noise pollution!

And anyway, aren't prayers to bring the peacve of mind?

How can folks do it with a high decibel din?!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

You see to me, it apears india has the same tensions and issues it did 60 years ago.

Why? Why do muslims and Hindu's in India fail to see each other as Indian? We don't have this problem in Britian anymore, muslim, Hindu, white, black, yellow, funny shade of green....we're all british.

Of course we see differences amongst each other, of course we have extremsits who cannot accept this, but as a whole it is not an issue. Do you think if there was a greater mix of races within India this might help? For example if India had more african people?

I think a lot of it has to do with territory. Look att his example, issues over land. If in India more people moved away from home, had to move out of thier cities to get jobs, leave the villages for money or travel to other places this problem could be eradicated.

Because in the UK i bet 50 years ago if you sent to liverpool and spoke with a newcastel accent you'd be a stranger in thier town, today your just a person who originally was from newcastle but now is a liverpludnian.

Comment

Platinum,

The Moslems want to remain a separate entity, that is why.

We have discussed this at length.

In the UK, they will give one a kick and bring them into order.

In India, it is Moslem appeasement by all political parties and hence the rot carries on.
                Last edited by Ray; 12 Apr 06,, 13:49.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Yeap! Kick them all out to Pakistan! Bloody Pakistanis posing as Indians right?

Comment

You see to me, it apears india has the same tensions and issues it did 60 years ago.

Why? Why do muslims and Hindu's in India fail to see each other as Indian? We don't have this problem in Britian anymore, muslim, Hindu, white, black, yellow, funny shade of green....we're all british.

Of course we see differences amongst each other, of course we have extremsits who cannot accept this, but as a whole it is not an issue. Do you think if there was a greater mix of races within India this might help? For example if India had more african people?

I think a lot of it has to do with territory. Look att his example, issues over land. If in India more people moved away from home, had to move out of thier cities to get jobs, leave the villages for money or travel to other places this problem could be eradicated.

Because in the UK i bet 50 years ago if you sent to liverpool and spoke with a newcastel accent you'd be a stranger in thier town, today your just a person who originally was from newcastle but now is a liverpludnian.
                    U bet

no wonder 40% of South East Asian immigrants don't even speak proper english.

One heck of Brits aren't they

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                      Yeap! Kick them all out to Pakistan! Bloody Pakistanis posing as Indians right?

That's an interesting observation!

You really feel so?

You must be a RSS member!

We had better keep you under surveillance for all one knows you maybe joining
                      Advani's rath yatra along with the other Moslems who are also in the BJP!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

i don't want to discuss this with you, seeing as how you have failed to notice Pakistani takeaways....

okay so 40% don't speak english, doesn't mean we riot in the streets anually. We rioted in the past, but only when provoked by the right wing BNP, never have you had normal white people and asian people clashing, ever.

BNP are not normal people, they are the white Taliban.

Ray the UK does not kick,y ou see that is why we have this harmony, nobody kicks anyone...

i think the Indian problem can be solved by increased immigration within India, people are too routed to where they are.

Comment

i don't want to discuss this with you, seeing as how you have failed to notice Pakistani takeaways....

okay so 40% don't speak english, doesn't mean we riot in the streets anually. We rioted in the past, but only when provoked by the right wing BNP, never have you had normal white people and asian people clashing, ever.

BNP are not normal people, they are the white Taliban.

Ray the UK does not kick,y ou see that is why we have this harmony, nobody kicks anyone...

i think the Indian problem can be solved by increased immigration within India, people are too routed to where they are.
                          India cannot have any immigration since we are chockabloc full with our teeming humanity.

I just saw BBC's HARD TALK wherein one Reverend (a lady) who lost her daughter in the 7 Jul bombing was stating why she cannot forgive the bomber. She has BTW resigned her position since she cannot forgive and that is something a Christian priest must.

True, the race riots in the UK has been brought under control, but there is a undercurrent of immense dislike for the coloured and East European immigrant. If that was not there, then the BNP would not have had the election sucesses they did.

Here is something from the BNP:

As the police, civil service, colleges and schools continue the witch-hunt for the last vestiges of alleged evil racists, these institutions are packed to the gun-whales with the very same wet white liberals who have become a complete joke to Black and White alike. If wet white liberals are unable to handle a class of 30 wayward lads how on earth can they be fit for the job of running the country and dealing with gun totting drug gangs? We think we know the answer to that one!
                          http://www.bnp.org.uk/news_detail.php?newsId=859
                          Extract from Racial and Religious Hatred Bill
                          Commission for Racial Equality Briefing
                          House of Lords
                          Second Reading
                          11 th October 2005

{[I]t might be that evidence could be gathered to establish whether or not the term ‘Muslim’ is generally understood to mean ‘Pakistani’ or ‘Indian’. The difficulty in relation to this particular leaflet…is that [it states] ‘This problem is not a matter of race. Those Muslims oppressing and murdering infidels and women have included Arabs, Pakistanis, Black Nigerian and White Bosnians’. Given this specific statement it would not be possible to infer incitement to racial hatred.’
                          http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a
                          Last edited by Ray; 13 Apr 06,, 15:01.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

why should we, were we not the first people to built the temple and muslims came in and forcibly built their mosque next to it(or if possible break down the temple to build a mosque).
                            -raj

Comment

Working...
                            X