X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• platinum786
    replied
    Originally posted by Bulgaroctonus
    From an American view, it is essential that Musharraf does not listen to the majority of his people. If democracy came about in Pakistan, it would only resort in a nuclear-armed theocracy that would be greatly inimical to America's foreign policy. Dictatorship is a tolerable option for the Middle East, perhaps even the optimal option.
    During our last election it nearly did, but then again you where actively waging a war in a neighbouring country and dead children and stuff sell mullah votes.

Today very much doubt it.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    That is a frank opinion and very pragmatic indeed.

But the US can never officially state the same.

While the PMs and Presidents (except Zia) pandered to the mullahs, they were nonetheless secular to the degree a Moslem can be.

Leave a comment:

• Bulgaroctonus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray
    Neo,

Pakistan would have chugged along quite well but for Zia coing on the scene.

Today, Pakistan is in soup because of this idiot.

Musharraf is trying, but unless he shed the authoratarian arrogance that all military senior officer have, he will create great problems for Pakistan. He must listen to civilians.

I know civilians are dumb, but then they are are majority! ;)

How do you like my last sentence?
    From an American view, it is essential that Musharraf does not listen to the majority of his people. If democracy came about in Pakistan, it would only resort in a nuclear-armed theocracy that would be greatly inimical to America's foreign policy. Dictatorship is a tolerable option for the Middle East, perhaps even the optimal option.

Leave a comment:

• Lahori paa jee
    replied
    What a tragic end. From a person who addressed the biggest gatherings ever in the history of Pakistan to a person whose Janaza was only attended by a few.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Neo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray
    Neo,

Musharraf is trying, but unless he shed the authoratarian arrogance that all military senior officer have, he will create great problems for Pakistan. He must listen to civilians.

Exactly!
    Imho Zia pushed us back in time, he was a curse to the country.
    Mush is more than trying, I think he coudn't have tried harder but he alone cannot change the PA not can he lead the country for another 7 years in uniform.
    Senate will complete its term sometime in November 2007, within 90 days we'll have general elections.
    You tell me Sir, you're the one living in a mass civil society with a civil government.
    Love it! :)

Leave a comment:

• Lahori paa jee
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray
    .....and sacrificed himself!

And thousands of other too.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    .....and sacrificed himself!

Leave a comment:

• Lahori paa jee
    replied
    Originally posted by Asim Aquil
    You're a complex fellow Lahori :D. Interesting one nonetheless.

I liked ZA Bhutto, for some of the stuff he did. He was probably Pakistan's greatest politician. Read Tehmina Durrani's, My feudal Lord, where she's made several passing comments to him and the sort of person he was.

I've always distrusted people manipulating emotions and passions. ZA Bhutto was probably the best at it.

I like his personality and liked they way he changed Pakistans political scene.

But dont take me too seriously.....For he is the one responsible for creation of Bangladesh. Perhaps he deserved to punished but not to be murdered.

He has very strong opinions and to become PM of Pakistan was his dream for which he sacrificed Pakistan.

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Neo,

Leave a comment:

• Neo
    replied
    Pakistan would have been a modern state if ZA Bhutto was still alive.
    A great man, great leader!

Leave a comment:

• Ray
    replied
    Originally posted by Asim Aquil

I liked ZA Bhutto, for some of the stuff he did. He was probably Pakistan's greatest politician. Read Tehmina Durrani's, My feudal Lord, where she's made several passing comments to him and the sort of person he was.

I've always distrusted people manipulating emotions and passions. ZA Bhutto was probably the best at it.
    ZA Bhutto got Pak the nuclear bomb and made it somewhat reckonable in the international nuclear politics!

Pakistanis should be at least be grateful to him for that!

One should be courageous to admit the contributions of a man and not give vent to partisan domestic politics!

Leave a comment:

• Asim Aquil
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lahori paa jee
    started a topic 4th - 5th April.....

4th - 5th April.....

My Ideal, Quaid - e - Awam, Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was hanged during the night between 4/5th of April 1979. Perhaps the one of the most tragic days of Pakistans history passed quietly at the time when Pakistan is under the shadow of another military dictator.

This date is important cause another Quaid e Awam almost lost his life on 5th April. Mian Nawaz Sharif.

Nothing seems to have changed in so many years. I can only pray that our people realise what we have done and how much we have lost. Its just another wake up call.
Working...
X