Israeli economy 'falling behind'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leader
    If you studied history, you would know that we have corrected the problems of the 1930's.

the US used the war to bolster its economy, in the beginning it sold supplies to both, the axis and the allies.
    and the "new deal" was something reminiscent of what Hitler did with the autobahns, a short term solution.
    the second world war was what revived the US economy.

Did you happen to miss all those years between 1945 and 1991 when your countries economy did nothing and our economy dominated the world?

we had a steady economical growth until about 1975. the stop was because of Brezhnev, gvt. spending was too high.
    in 1980's for example the USSR gave out more money in aid than it spent on itself.
    brezhnev could not cut government spending, but tried to increase productivity, which proved to be quite bad.

They only reason that the USSR don't collapse after WW2 was because it used Eastern Europe as a colony and sucked them dry.
    yes, because all of the oil fields of the USSR were dry, all the forests cut down, all the coal and other raw materials depleted.
    so we picked on the poor eastern europeans and drained their countries of natural resources.
    do you even know what you are on about?
    Last edited by s_qwert63; 28 Oct 03,, 01:14.

Comment

Originally posted by s_qwert63
      we had a steady economical growth until about 1975. and that because of Brezhnev, gvt. spending was too high.
      in 1980's for example the USSR gave out more money in aid than it spent on itself.
      brezhnev could not cut government spending, but tried to increase productivity, which proved to be quite bad.
      That proves my point the soviet economy was a failure. You can’t increase productivity when no one has any reason to become more productive. If you produced 20 of X product you get paid $20 if you produce 40 of X product you get paid $20. So why not produce 10?

yes, because all of the oil fields of the USSR were dry, all the forests cut down, all the coal and other raw materials depleted.
      so we picked on the poor eastern europeans and drained their countries of natural resources.
      do you even know what you are on about?
      You exploited the people of Eastern Europe. If you don't believe me ask them what the think of "mother Russia." Very little I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
        That proves my point the soviet economy was a failure.

the point you made said that we had no economical growth from 1945 - 1991, blatantely bullcrap.

You can’t increase productivity when no one has any reason to become more productive. If you produced 20 of X product you get paid $20 if you produce 40 of X product you get paid $20. So why not produce 10?

so are you implying that in america, the income of a partcular worker/group depends on how many units of producion one makes?

and let me remind you that the main source of GDP in the USSR did not come from the industrial sector, but from the services sector.
        the ussr did not rely on primary or secondary industries, but upon the tertiary sector.

You exploited the people of Eastern Europe. If you don't believe me ask them what the think of "mother Russia." Very little I'd imagine.
        well, if i had to make the lifes worse for some 60 million people in order to protect 300 million people, i would do it.
        and how can you speculate on what east europeans think of "mother Russia", have you met any?
        i have seen more "eastern europeans" than you have, please be assured.

Comment

not in th way in which you present it.
          Then try taking off the aluminum beanie comrade.
          Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

the point you made said that we had no economical growth from 1945 - 1991, blatantely bullcrap.
            Compared to the growth in the United States the growth in the USSR was 0.

so are you implying that in america, the income of a partcular worker/group depends on how many units of producion one makes?
            Yes. Not in every case, but in general the more productive you are the more money you make.

and let me remind you that the main source of GDP in the USSR did not come from the industrial sector, but from the services sector.
            How many types of toothpaste did you have to choose from 20 years ago? just answer it. Don't give me your BS

well, if i had to make the lifes worse for some 60 million people in order to protect 300 million people, i would do it.
            and how can you speculate on what east europeans think of "mother Russia", have you met any?
            i have seen more "eastern europeans" than you have, please be assured.
            So when Hitler made life worse for six million Jews to order to make life better for 100 million Germans. He was justified.
            Last edited by Leader; 29 Oct 03,, 00:34.

Comment

That is marxism not capitalism. How much you make is determined by how productive you are not how many units you make.

For example a CEO and management make decisions that can make the company millions or even billions of dollars(of course they can lose the company money, but if a company is successful it is because of the intelect of the owners and management, not how many units there are). A worker in the factory can not make such decisions thus produces far less wealth then CEOs and Management.

The Soviet Union had a fake economy, it's worth was enforced by brute force, in reality the Soviet Unions economy was puny. This is why Russia's economy collapsed after the fall of the Soviets.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
                The Soviet Union had a fake economy, it's worth was enforced by brute force, in reality the Soviet Unions economy was puny. This is why Russia's economy collapsed after the fall of the Soviets.
                Which made life far more miserable for the avg. Russian citizen than was the case for the Avg. American in 1929-1938
                Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

Working...
                X