COVID 19: Beyond the US and China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monash View Post

Now if only you'd bothered to include the words 'under investigation' directly after 'covid death' in your original post. Problem solved.

But you didn't. Instead you apparently chose to omit those key words. What you said, and I quote was:

'Today I learned that an Aucklander shot and killed during a gang confrontation was recorded as a covid death because he had covid when he died of his wounds.'

So OK - lets put them back in. 'Today I learned that an Aucklander shot and killed during a gang confrontation was recorded as a covid death (under investigation), because he had covid when he died of his wounds.'

The concept is called 'context'. Look it up in the dictionary because apparently you seem to have forgotten its significance! In any event removing context from spoken or written statements totally changes their intended meaning. And doing so is the last refuge of cowards and fanatics, albeit I grant you in this case it could have been unintentional (you tell me!).

One other thing. Not a 'leftist' unless your definition of 'leftist' is anyone to the 'left' of you! (which based on the evidence to date would be 99% of the human race.) Actually by default I'm a 'centrist' with an aversion to extremes on either side of the political spectrum but I doubt that matters much to you.
    Of course.
    Hart was listed as a covid death.
    He is still listed as a covid death.
    the DGoH explains why he is listed as a covid death
    The MOH website still lists him as a covid death

Monash "OMG you got the context wrong. If you just read the last sentence of the statement on its own, out of the context of the full statement, he's clearly not listed as a covid death"

Yup.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by BBC_News

Fears over “worst ever” Covid variant as UK bans flights from southern Africa
      25 November 2021

Scientists are warning that a new Coronavirus variant is the “worst” they have seen. The B.1.1.529 variant has mutations which mean it may evade immunity built up by previous Covid infection or vaccination.

Cases have been detected in southern Africa and also in Hong Kong.

The UK is temporarily banning flights from six countries in southern Africa - Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Eswatini and placing them on its Red List - meaning any passengers who do arrive must quarantine.

Clive Myrie presents BBC News at Ten reporting by medical editor Fergus Walsh, political correspondent Nick Eardley and Africa correspondent Andrew Harding.

Comment

Working...
      X