• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Gangs Operating Within Law Enforcement Agencies

Comment

Comment

Comment

"jUsT cOmPlY wItH ThE ofFiCeR's OrDeR's!
          Keep your Proud Boys, goon squads, and uncertified ‘poll watchers’ out of our city, Mr. President. Break the law here, and I’ve got something for you.

Comment

What are your alternatives? You're outgunned. Out-positioned. And more than likely out-manned. Go out and Bruce Lee them?

Comment

that specific phrase in US politics is often used by people to justify police shootings, no matter how egregious.
              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Unless you are going to shoot first and ask questions later, there is simply no viable alternative. Your BEST BET is still to "jUsT cOmPlY wItH ThE ofFiCeR's OrDeR's!" 99 times out of 100, even in the Black ghetto neighbourhoods, you will get out of the situation alive. We have George Floyd incidents (single deaths), not death squads doing ninja at night when whole families disappear.

I simply see no use in pointing out that "jUsT cOmPlY wItH ThE ofFiCeR's OrDeR's!" MAY NOT, NOT WILL NOT, work in keeping you alive. All this is encouraging is to shoot first, ask questions later.

Comment

Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                  Unless you are going to shoot first and ask questions later, there is simply no viable alternative. Your BEST BET is still to "jUsT cOmPlY wItH ThE ofFiCeR's OrDeR's!" 99 times out of 100, even in the Black ghetto neighbourhoods, you will get out of the situation alive. We have George Floyd incidents (single deaths), not death squads doing ninja at night when whole families disappear.

I simply see no use in pointing out that "jUsT cOmPlY wItH ThE ofFiCeR's OrDeR's!" MAY NOT, NOT WILL NOT, work in keeping you alive. All this is encouraging is to shoot first, ask questions later.
                  People are being gunned down in their sleep by the police.
                  Keep your Proud Boys, goon squads, and uncertified ‘poll watchers’ out of our city, Mr. President. Break the law here, and I’ve got something for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    People are being gunned down in their sleep by the police.
                    Again, I don't see an alternative. The ONLY solution that I can think of is to fortify your house and shoot first, ask questions later. That is out of the question for a majority of the population.

Comment

the alternative is to reform the police-- whether through defunding or alternative methods -- so that the police aren't shooting down civilians willy-nilly.

""jUsT cOmPlY wItH ThE ofFiCeR's OrDeR's!" is a political statement against reform of police, because it places all the blame for police violence on the person getting shot. there's the assumption here that if the police shot you, you deserved it.
                      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                        the alternative is to reform the police-- whether through defunding or alternative methods -- so that the police aren't shooting down civilians willy-nilly.

""jUsT cOmPlY wItH ThE ofFiCeR's OrDeR's!" is a political statement against reform of police, because it places all the blame for police violence on the person getting shot. there's the assumption here that if the police shot you, you deserved it.
                        This smacks of on the ground realities smashing up against policy. The point is to save your ass and worry about police brutality after.

And where did we hear defunding before? Are we talking about reduced taskings here? Are there going to be less patrols? Or less cops requiring a larger area coverage per cop? We have had battalions doing the jobs of divisions. We even had a re-enforced company covering an area of a brigade and the result was Srebenecia and Krajina. Like it or not, the cops are the good guys. Yes, there are bad cops. There are always bad cops but there are hell of alot more bad guys.

And as much as the defunding crowd would like to believe, you CANNOT social engineer away the bad guys. Tito, Pol Pot, and Mao tried.
                        Last edited by WABs_OOE; 06 Aug 20,, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                        X