No announcement yet.

United States (new) Strategic Approach to The People's Republic of China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inexperienced pilots flying harassing actions with itchy trigger fingers against Taiwan and the USN are military choices, not political.
    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      He can issue the guidance without the hyperbole. Just state that combat readiness has to be increased.
      orrect. He overstepped his authority and is stating national policy...something which is in the US strictly the purview of the civilian leadership of DOD based on guidance from POTUS.
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

delete the first half of the first paragraph or even simply "my gut tells me we will fight in 2025" and no one outside would care about the internal memo.

trying to instill a sense of urgency is good, but I think there needs to be a balance between using timelines as a forcing function and making it the be-all/end-all of strategy.
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
          delete the first half of the first paragraph or even simply "my gut tells me we will fight in 2025" and no one outside would care about the internal memo.

trying to instill a sense of urgency is good, but I think there needs to be a balance between using timelines as a forcing function and making it the be-all/end-all of strategy.
          Yup
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Yup
            I like this video where the Navy Commander says "I pay him to move stuff" and "he could have used an editor".

Comment

Working...
            X