Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by astralis View Post

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’
    The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.
    I can't imagine someone who has repeatedly dismissed POW's as not being heroes while dodging the draft...I just can't imagine him saying those things!

Oh wait, yeah, it totally fits Donald Trump's history...going back decades.

Yet another, related, explanation concerns what appears to be Trump’s pathological fear of appearing to look like a “sucker” himself. His capacious definition of sucker includes those who lose their lives in service to their country, as well as those who are taken prisoner, or are wounded in battle. “He has a lot of fear,” one officer with firsthand knowledge of Trump’s views said. “He doesn’t see the heroism in fighting.”
    At his core, Donald Trump is nothing but a stupid small-minded coward, the spoiled son of a billionaire who's been handed everything his entire life.
    My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

Comment

• Heard on my morning alarm clock this news report about Stars & Stripes being told to shut down by the end of the month after being in operation since the Civil War. The reason being that their $15 million subsidy can be better used on other priorities. I'm sure glad they are looking out for that $15 million for a start now how about looking out for the billions. Or...

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates as more information becomes available.

The Pentagon has ordered the Stars and Stripes newspaper to shut down after 159 years in circulation for military service members, according to a memo obtained by USA Today on Friday.

The memo, authored by Col. Paul Haverstick Jr., demands Stars and Stripes’ publisher to propose a plan to “dissolve” the newspaper by Sept. 15, as well as a timeline for “vacating government owned/leased space worldwide.”

The memo adds that Sept. 30 will mark the final publication of the newspaper.

Stars and Stripes receives more than $15 million annually in federal funds via the federal government’s annual defense bill. The subsidy comprises half of the publication’s budget.
      - ADVERTISEMENT -

The Pentagon memo cites the president’s authority to dissolve the publication under his defense budget request.

The House of Representatives had repeatedly struck down efforts to exclude the publication’s funding from the 2021 defense bill, however. The Senate has not yet moved to decide on the funding.

In February, the Pentagon had announced it would be eliminating the funding in order to reprioritize funds. At the time, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper said during a NATO press conference, “We trimmed the support for Stars and Stripes because we need to invest that money, as we did with many, many other programs, into higher-priority issues.”
      https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...ter-159-years/

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsDW...ture=emb_title

This gentleman managed to turn good at the hand of the police.Nevertheless,he got a platform while a fugitive.He's now a martyr of the Cause.
        Those who know don't speak
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

• Next strike:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ewspaper-trump

Stars and Stripes forced by Trump to cease publication by the end of the month and vacate all US bases worldwide by mid-month.

Mod Edit: tbm3fan posted this as well, I've moved it to the American Politics thread

Comment

• Astralis, probably also believes that Romney didn’t pay his taxes for ten years...

Comment

• John Bolton 'didn't hear' Trump's reported comments disparaging troops but says they're not out of character

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton evidently didn't hear President Trump make the disparaging comments about U.S. troops reported by The Atlantic — but if Trump did make them, it sounds like Bolton wouldn't be overly surprised.

Trump on Friday continued to deny a damning report by The Atlantic, which alleged that he canceled a 2018 visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris because he worried his hair would "become disheveled in the rain" and "because he did not believe it important to honor" the dead. Trump also reportedly referred to troops who were killed as "suckers" and asked, "Why should I go to that cemetery? It's filled with losers."

Bolton, who was on the Paris trip, commented on the story to The New York Times on Friday, saying, "I didn't hear that. I'm not saying he didn't say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion."

Bolton claimed that canceling the visit was a "straight weather call," though he also added that Trump didn't object to it, despite how the president claims he reacted.

"He didn't say, 'This is terrible, I have to go out to the veterans,'" Bolton told the Times. "He accepted it and that was pretty much the end of it."

However, Bolton suggested the comments aren't out of character for Trump, telling the Times, "I haven't heard anybody yet react to say, 'That's not the Donald Trump I know.'" Bolton also told Bloomberg it's "it's certainly possible" Trump made the comments "later in the day."

AP reporter James LaPorta previously confirmed The Atlantic's reporting "in its entirety" with a senior Defense Department official, while The Washington Post confirmed that Trump has "frequently made disparaging comments about veterans and soldiers missing in action," and the Times writes that Trump "has long scorned those who served in Vietnam as being too dumb to have gotten out of it."

No wonder Trump isn't concerned about Putin's bounties on American soldiers.

But let's hear more about Romney's taxes or some such shit like that....

Comment

• Okay... Democrat dirty trick handbook: sub section Slander...
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lMChd6QchaU
                Last edited by surfgun; 04 Sep 20,, 21:19.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                  Oh I get it. Once again you've got no response to the latest despicable act by Donald Trump so you have to drag something up from 2012 because it makes some Dem, who's been retired for years, look bad.

Glad to see you've got your priorities in order.

Comment

• How Low Can You Go?

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’
                    Jefrey Goldberg, The Atlantic, Sept 4, 2020

The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

Retired general blasts Trump on reported military comments: 'You're no patriot'
                    Morgan Gstalter, The Hill, Sept 4, 2020

A retired Army general on Thursday night went viral for*his scathing response to a report that President Trump made disparaging remarks about dead U.S. service members, telling Trump he’s “no patriot.”

Retired U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton posted a video responding to a new report in The Atlantic which detailed Trump allegedly*calling the U.S. service members who were buried in a French cemetery during World War I “losers.”
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

Okay... Democrat dirty trick handbook: sub section Slander...
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lMChd6QchaU
                      2012 ...

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., on Thursday blasted Mitt Romney for refusing to release his tax returns, ...

Dirty tricks? Nope.
                      Democrats calling out GOPer presidential candidate for failing to release his tax returns? Yep.
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• The evidence presented for latest scandal is...not exactly compelling. Believing in the latest outrage is poor intellectual hygiene. You should wait longer than the 24 hours news cycle to actually form opinions about the latest news scandal. This is doubly so if it confirms your priors: "I want to believe" should be reserved for the X-Files.

Note that your quoted article completely mischaracterizes Bolton's position, which, with no ambiguity whatsoever:
                        Bolton claimed that canceling the visit was a "straight weather call,"
                        News: Trump said this horrible thing!
                        Bolton: uhhh, I was there, he didn't say that, he cancelled it because of the weather. I mean, he might have said it later, but at that conversation he didn't
                        News: Further proof Trump said this horrible thing!

I am not particularly interested in trying to publicly blast people's tax returns when they are just being used for political ammo by people who willfully misunderstand even the most basic principles like depreciation expenses and revenue vs. income.
                        Reid falsely claimed that Romney paid no income taxes for a decade. That's not "calling out" anything, that's slander by a sitting Senator. At the least grounds for censure, in other times grounds for a glove-slap and swords at high noon.
                        Last edited by GVChamp; 04 Sep 20,, 22:15.
                        "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Unsourced, rubbish. Not worthy of the bottom of a bird cage.

Comment

Unsourced, rubbish. Not worthy of the bottom of a bird cage.
                            even Fox news verified the story. Now how will you spin this Piece of Crap we have as president
                            Human Scum. Proud Never Trumper

Comment

• A fabricated story that the Biden Campaign has been clearly been read into, if they in fact didn’t write it.
                              https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...email-n2575686

For Pete sake an Atlantic staff member read and posed a scripted question to the former VP today!
                              https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...ions-reporters
                              Last edited by surfgun; 05 Sep 20,, 01:00.

Comment

A fabricated story that the Biden Campaign has been clearly been read into, if they in fact didn’t write it.
                                https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...email-n2575686

For Pete sake an Atlantic staff member read and posed a scripted question to the former VP today!
                                https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-...ions-reporters
                                Let's start by addressing the elephant in the room: Even if Trump was standing in front of a TV camera and disparaged American POW's as a group, you wouldn't care.

So now we've got multiple indications that Trump dismissed American war dead as "Losers" and "Suckers".

It fits with Trump's publicly-stated view on soldiers and veterans. As Bolton said, it's not out of character for Trump.

Trump's denial of the story includes his claim that he "called home, I spoke to my wife and I said 'I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.' And to the one that was the following day which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it."

Small problem with that story: Melania Trump was in France with Donald Trump. Not "at home"

Once again, Trump can't even lie worth a damn.

Then we've got Trump's own state propaganda network confirming, then denying, then finally reconfirming the story.

Here it is, on your favorite network. So why don't we just skip to the part where you don't give a damn that Trump said it.

Comment

Working...
                                X