2020 American Political Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Hey I can read...and do. Those people were arrested for physically hitting cops. They deserve it. Meanwhile Pussy Paul got yelled at and had his fee-fees hurt.
    That is because the Metropolitan PD was there to take the blows as these rioters said they were going to KILL the Senator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
      Hey I can read...and do. Those people were arrested for physically hitting cops. They deserve it. Meanwhile Pussy Paul got yelled at and had his fee-fees hurt.
      I am pretty sure Senator Paul's overriding feeling (besides concern for his wife) was amusement. But his profession is politics, so he is going to milk what he can.
      "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
        *sigh*... First an arrest warrant, whatever it is for, is not permission to shoot a guy with his back turned whenever you like. Sure he may have 'resisted arrest' but again shooting someone seven times in the back is unjustifiable in terms of 'reasonable force'; a headlock is not seven rounds in the back. Nor do you know he was "reaching for a weapon"... Maybe having been tasered twice he just wanted to sit down - perhaps his kids were upset at seeing him tasered and he was trying to get closer to him. He had no weapon in his hand when he was shot and was faced the other way. It may have been 'legal' by the laws of that state but trying to justify it as the use of 'reasonable force' and making up hypothetical conjectures about him intending to 'kidnap'/'torture' his own children is just guff.
        You are an idiot! Resisting arrest is all the justification cops need to shoot you! Period! Dumbass! Again, dumbass! The guy has ALREADY shown that he can fight off extreme pain (tasered TWICE), LETHAL FORCE IS NOW JUSTIFIED! Keyword LETHAL. TO PROTECT EVERYONE, COPS DON'T STOP SHOOTING UNTIL HE STOPS MOVING.

Lastly NO ONE is suspended, let alone FIRED! PERFECTLY LEGAL USE OF FORCE!

Your opinions means SQUAT ALL and like all your legal horse puckey IS NOTHING MORE THAN YOUR ILLUSIONS THAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN ANYONE WHEN IT'S NOTHING MORE THAN TOILET PAPER.
        Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 31 Aug 20,, 15:08.
        Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
          That is because the Metropolitan PD was there to take the blows as these rioters said they were going to KILL the Senator.
          Ahh....no. They weren't going to kill him. Where do you get that?

It was a publicity stunt, pure and simple. He did it to play to the simpletons in his base.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• Well Albany, feel free to drive down Pennsylvania Ave at your leisure to threaten the life of the Senator of your choice since you believe it is no big deal.

https://saraacarter.com/rand-paul-sa...-to-come-here/

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
              You are just an idiot
              Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
              Hey IDIOT!
              You are an idiot!
              Sir, you can make your point without resorting to insults. Please stop.
              My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

Comment

• re: the Blake case; both the Wisconsin DOJ and the FBI is investigating to determine if the shooting was justified and if civil rights were violated.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                  re: the Blake case; both the Wisconsin DOJ and the FBI is investigating to determine if the shooting was justified and if civil rights were violated.
                  Very fact that no one is suspended nor fired should tell you that this is now just a formality.
                  Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                    Sir, you can make your point without resorting to insults. Please stop.
                    Telling me that I'm on larf is sign for open season.
                    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      Resisting arrest is all the justification cops need to shoot you!
                      It is a 'reasonable use of force' to shoot an unarmed person in the back seven times in the back. The job is to arrest him - not to obliterate him.

Lastly NO ONE is suspended, let alone FIRED! PERFECTLY LEGAL USE OF FORCE!
                      I have acknowledged that if there is no criteria of 'reasonable force' then fine it is 'legal'. In Europe a Police Officer who did such a thing would be suspended straight off and an inquiry held.

Your opinions means SQUAT ALL and like all your legal horse puckey IS NOTHING MORE THAN YOUR ILLUSIONS THAT YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN ANYONE WHEN IT'S NOTHING MORE THAN TOILET PAPER.
                      I do not think I 'know more than' anyone let alone everyone. But I am allowed to have an opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        It is a 'reasonable use of force' to shoot an unarmed person in the back seven times in the back. The job is to arrest him - not to obliterate him.
                        The job was to STOP HIM. Again, after demonstrating that he can fight off extreme hurt, YOU DON'T STOP SHOOTING UNTIL HE STOPS MOVING.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        I have acknowledged that if there is no criteria of 'reasonable force' then fine it is 'legal'. In Europe a Police Officer who did such a thing would be suspended straight off and an inquiry held.
                        Oh Horse Puckey!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police...use_by_country

Simple maths tell me that there are more than 20 cases when European police firearms are used that they emptied their mags.

And IT IS STANDARD PROCEDURE in ALL WESTERN COUNTRIES to investigate ALL Police firearms discharges and the Policemen themselves put on Administrative Leave (as opposed to a suspension without pay) so that the Policemen themselves do not corrupt the investigation either willfully or ignorantly. They are still bound to and portected by the very police departments they work for. Suspension without pay means that they are not going to pay for dirty cops.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
                        I do not think I 'know more than' anyone let alone everyone. But I am allowed to have an opinion.
                        There is a BIG difference between an EDUCATED opinion and WILD ASSED assumptions. Guess which one yours fall under.

Here's one that has been drilled into me since the first time I held a firearm. Never point your firearm in a direction unless you're intending to shoot in that direction. Always be aware of your shot. Be aware if you shoot, you're shooting to kill.
                        Chimo

Comment

• Very fact that no one is suspended nor fired should tell you that this is now just a formality.
                          hate to break it to you, but within the US criminal justice system, the amount of cover-up of police crimes by police or DAs is staggering.

here's a recent example:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ce-goes-viral/
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                            hate to break it to you, but within the US criminal justice system, the amount of cover-up of police crimes by police or DAs is staggering.
                            Also hate to break it to you. Everything about Blake is on record and no one is covering up anything. The resisting arrest is recorded. The tasering is recorded. The knife is found. There might be police cover ups elsewhere but this one ain't it.
                            Chimo

Comment

• that is also true in the example above -- there was video, yet the police commander defended the officer's actions, said it was a "matter of life and death", and blamed the dog's owner.

the officer hasn't been fired, either.

no investigation yet, and the only reason why there may be one is because the video went viral.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                                Well Albany, feel free to drive down Pennsylvania Ave at your leisure to threaten the life of the Senator of your choice since you believe it is no big deal.

https://saraacarter.com/rand-paul-sa...-to-come-here/
                                Know PA AVE very well. I grew up in that city and walked PA AVE as recently as 2 months ago...no problems. Try it sometime.

As has been said...Pussy Paul used this as a political act. Again, if he felt that fearful of his life he should have been in a vehicle and not walking...never mind the fact he shouldn't have even been at that Hatch Act violating assembly at the White House.
                                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X