No announcement yet.

The US 2020 Presidential Election & Attempts To Overturn It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So today Dominion has filed a $1.3 billion defamation law suit against Sidney Powell. Well that should keep her busy and hopefully drain her purse a bit. Nothing like a punch in the pocketbook.

out of USA Today

Dominion seeks compensatory damages of $651,735,000, punitive damages of $651,735,000 and reimbursement for its legal costs. It also is asking the court to grant "a narrowly tailored permanent injunction requiring the removal of all the Defendants’ statements that are determined to be false and defamatory."

Comment

• it's funny watching the alt-right/Parler types spin this as "Trump doesn't concede, the new administration will be TRUMP-FLYNN!"
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• The average American will realise they've lost the most benevolent president they've had in a long time
        Poignant!

I was following my own sources on developments after the election and Sridhar did a brilliant job.

Too many developments and legal arguments taking place to post here, only the dates mattered.

When the states would certify, when the house & senate would.

Kept hoping until Jan 6 that Trump could turn things around.

All was hinging on Pence and he took the easiest option out.

Something that antimony said about Pence being a doormat springs to mind. Really ?

Trump had a great run, great man, supported him all the way through.

A real fighter and kept at it till the end.

I see the guy as a white Muhamad Ali. You can't make America great unless you believe you're great.

gunnut was saying people wanted an outsider because they felt they could trust him.

They got what they wanted.

He won with a billion less in the war chest and could have easily got a second term if not for the economic fallout from the CCP virus.

Remains to be seen what influence he will have now and who knows maybe return for another term if he's up for it.
        Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Jan 21,, 04:40.

Comment

• Whilst directed at a foreign audience is just as informative for the home one as well

Click image for larger version

Name:	us banana republic.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	1570939

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Poignant!

I was following my own sources on developments after the election and Sridhar did a brilliant job.

Too many developments and legal arguments taking place to post here, only the dates mattered.

When the states would certify, when the house & senate would.

Kept hoping until Jan 6 that Trump could turn things around.

All was hinging on Pence and he took the easiest option out.

Something that antimony said about Pence being a doormat springs to mind. Really ?

Trump had a great run, great man, supported him all the way through.

A real fighter and kept at it till the end.

I see the guy as a white Muhamad Ali. You can't make America great unless you believe you're great.

gunnut was saying people wanted an outsider because they felt they could trust him.

They got what they wanted.

He won with a billion less in the war chest and could have easily got a second term if not for the economic fallout from the CCP virus.

Remains to be seen what influence he will have now and who knows maybe return for another term if he's up for it.
            Complete and utter bullshit.

Trump is a loser.

His bank is dropping him because he cannot service his personal loans.

His golf course are losing money.

Steadfast members of his own party voted against him yesterday.

Many of the 74.2 million didn't vote for him so much as voted against Biden...the same people who sat out the elections of Obama.

16 Federal intelligence agencies all agreed he got help in 2016 from Russia...no the much maligned MSM but intelligence professionals.

America is getting browner and younger....Trump, now twice impeached (at least he won those 2 elections), will be remembered for what he was, mostly a failure.

Also, wasn't this the guy who said that California was turning from Blue to Purple?
            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
            Mark Twain

Comment

• Believe what you want but that's my take on him.

Fascinating character that the world has never seen

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Also, wasn't this the guy who said that California was turning from Blue to Purple?
                No, that was Aditya Satsangi. Guy who lives in CA, in a SUPER PAC and the one responsible for setting up the Howdy Modi meet in Houston. Possibly played a role in getting Trump over to India for a visit. So yeah, that's what he has to his credit. Why would i question him.

He's a Trump promoter. What was his intent what that purple comment ? zinger or what he saw

That comment did get some traction here.

Your media declares Hillary the winner and then we learn she did not win.

You'd think Trump would have lost by a much bigger margin if they were right.

Rudy reminded us that the media in the US does not certify elections. Who knew such a process even existed.

None of the commentators i followed to their credit referred to Biden as President elect until he was certified.

Trump pursued all avenues available to contest the result. That people should understand and get over it now.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 14 Jan 21,, 15:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

No, that was Aditya Satsangi. Guy who lived in CA, in a SUPER PAC and the one responsible for setting up the Howdy Modi meet in Houston.

He's a Trump promoter. What was his intent what that purple comment ? zinger or what he saw

That comment did get some traction here.

Why would i question him.

Your media declares Hillary the winner and then we learn she did not win.

Rudy had to reminded us that the media in the US does not certify the election.

None of the commentators i followed to their credit referred to Biden as President elect until he was certified.
                  The US media DID not call the election for Mrs. Clinton. I know, I watched it live.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ction-clinton/

By custom in the US the AP is seen as the news company which calls elections. It is based on % of returns, voting trends and likely outcomes. Everyone knows its not official but its pretty accurate.

And why did the AP call PA for Biden?

Simple...based on a) the already known results, b) # of outstanding ballots (absentee, usually from military overseas), c) where those remaining ballots are from.

In PA Biden's lead was such that the number of outstanding votes didn't matter, they would not be in sufficient number to change the outcome.

https://apnews.com/article/why-does-...48ea74b1c2f4dc

And Giuliani didn't tell anyone anything which was not known....it was just one more thing where he was wrong about the entire election. And Rudy has his own issues...not to mention he may be disbarred.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...er-falling-out

Mark Twain

Comment

• Bill Barr told Trump that ‘clownish’ legal team was lying to him about ‘bull***’ voter fraud claims, reports say

President Trump's former Attorney General Bill Barr called Mr Trump's legal team "clownish" and the president's claims that the election had been stolen from him "bull****," according to reporting by Axios.

This was during a December meeting in the White House that Mr Trump had asked Mr Barr to attend after seeing a story by the Associated Press that quoted Mr Barr as saying "we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election".

Mr Barr had been one of the most loyal members of Mr Trump’s administration, supporting his executive power at every turn and spinning the release of the Mueller report on Russian interference in the 2016 election in the best way possible for the president. But he would not go so far as to claim that there was widespread voter fraud when he couldn't see the evidence of it.

Despite his loyalty to the president, the relationship between Mr Barr and Mr Trump was silently falling apart, Axios writes. Mr Barr left his post on December 23.

Even Mr Trump's most loyal lieutenants thought that he had got too deep into the conspiracy theories and alternative reality espoused by his legal team led by Mr Trump's personal lawyer and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

Trump news - live: Inauguration rehearsal evacuated and Capitol under lockdown over nearby fire

As the summer of 2020 was coming to a close, Mr Trump wanted to push back hard on the ongoing Black Lives Matter protests, some of which had devolved into violence and looting.

The Washington Post reported in October that over 96 per cent of last summer's Black Lives Matter events were peaceful, involving no property damage or injuries to police officers.

Mr Trump wanted to invoke the Insurrection Act and send troops into the street. Mr Barr was the one who ended up having to push back on the president's instincts. Both the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley and Defense Secretary Mark Esper did not want the military involved.

During a meeting in the Oval Office in the middle of August, Mr Trump told Mr Barr to facilitate a show of strength in Portland where protests raged. Mr Barr didn't budge. Slamming his fist on his desk, Mr Trump yelled "No one supports me. No one gives me any f****** support," Axios writes.

Mr Barr looked at chief of staff Mark Meadows, and said: "Well that went well."

It was the disagreement between Mr Trump and Mr Barr about how forceful they should be in their response to the summer's protests that slowly made their relationship disintegrate. Mr Barr was avoiding the president as best he could by the time September came around.

In the middle of October, leading up to the election on November 3, Mr Trump was urging Mr Barr to appoint a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden, then-Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's son who had sat on the board of Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company, during the time that his father had been President Obama's vice president. Hunter Biden was being paid up to $50,000 dollars a month and conservatives argued that he was taking advantage of his father position of political power. The Department of Justice was already investigating Hunter Biden, but in keeping with department policy, Mr Barr kept it secret.

After the election, conspiracy theories of fraud took up most of the president's attention and he bashed his own Justice Department, saying they were "missing in action," when it came to investigating voter fraud. The department was investigating voter fraud, it just hadn't found any evidence. Mr Barr, in a rage because of Mr Trump's claims that he was skirting his responsibilities, told the Associated Press they had found no evidence of widespread fraud.

After having seen the story, Mr Trump spoke of himself in the third person to Mr Barr, saying: "Why would you say such a thing? You must hate Trump. There’s no other reason for it. You must hate Trump,"
                    Axios reports.

Mr Barr said: "These things aren't panning out. The stuff that these people are filling your ear with just isn’t true.” Mr Barr told Mr Trump that the Department of Justice was looking at the claims of his legal team. "It's just bull****," Mr Barr said.

Mr Barr said that Mr Trump's legal team was doing an awful job, adding: "I'm a pretty informed legal observer and I can't f****** figure out what the theory is here. It's just scattershot. It's all over the hill and gone."

"Maybe," Mr Trump said in response.

Like a petulant toddler that can't get his way. Shocking.
                    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Like a petulant toddler that can't get his way. Shocking.
                      Who....Barr or Trump?

Cause I think it fits both.

Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

Who....Barr or Trump?

Cause I think it fits both.
                        Either and/or both!
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Sen. Rand Paul continues making unsubstantiated claims of 2020 election fraud

Days after President Joe Biden took office and the Democrats took control of the U.S. Senate, Sen. Rand Paul wouldn't say Sunday that the 2020 election wasn't stolen and called for an investigation of fraud without providing evidence.

"Sen. Paul, let me begin with a threshold question for you. This election was not stolen, do you accept that fact?" ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos asked Paul on "This Week."

He responded, "The debate over whether or not there was fraud should occur, we never had any presentation in court where we actually looked at the evidence. Most of the cases were thrown out for lack of standing, which is a procedural way of not actually hearing the question."

When pressed by Stephanopoulos the lack of evidence behind his claims, Paul pushed back.

"There were lots of problems and there were secretaries of state, who illegally changed the law and that needs to be fixed, and I'm going to work harder to fix it and I will not be cowed by people say, 'oh, you're a liar,'" Paul told Stephanopoulos.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., responded to Paul's remarks in a separate interview on "This Week."

"As I listened to Rand Paul, George, I just kept thinking, 'man, this is why Joe Biden won,'" she told Stephanopoulos.

"American people right now are struggling. They need pandemic relief," Klobuchar continued. "I thoroughly believe that we can handle this impeachment trial and -- just as the American people are doing -- juggle what we need to get done."

Always nice to see that Rand Paul's priorities are in order.

Comment

Sen. Rand Paul continues making unsubstantiated claims of 2020 election fraud

Days after President Joe Biden took office and the Democrats took control of the U.S. Senate, Sen. Rand Paul wouldn't say Sunday that the 2020 election wasn't stolen and called for an investigation of fraud without providing evidence.

"Sen. Paul, let me begin with a threshold question for you. This election was not stolen, do you accept that fact?" ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos asked Paul on "This Week."

He responded, "The debate over whether or not there was fraud should occur, we never had any presentation in court where we actually looked at the evidence. Most of the cases were thrown out for lack of standing, which is a procedural way of not actually hearing the question."

When pressed by Stephanopoulos the lack of evidence behind his claims, Paul pushed back.

"There were lots of problems and there were secretaries of state, who illegally changed the law and that needs to be fixed, and I'm going to work harder to fix it and I will not be cowed by people say, 'oh, you're a liar,'" Paul told Stephanopoulos.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., responded to Paul's remarks in a separate interview on "This Week."

"As I listened to Rand Paul, George, I just kept thinking, 'man, this is why Joe Biden won,'" she told Stephanopoulos.

"American people right now are struggling. They need pandemic relief," Klobuchar continued. "I thoroughly believe that we can handle this impeachment trial and -- just as the American people are doing -- juggle what we need to get done."

Always nice to see that Rand Paul's priorities are in order.
                            Can't understand what the people of Kentucky see in this guy? I know I can't. He seems to be a nut case politician. Probably was a nut case ophthalmologist who I wouldn't refer a patient to. About the only real skill I see he has is the ability to not answer a direct question but to turn his answer into a question and obfuscate. He has obfuscate down pat.

Comment

• Rep. Madison Cawthorn, Totally Shredded On CNN, Admits He Has Nothing On Vote 'Fraud'

Controversial freshman Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) was so throughly schooled by CNN host Pamela Brown Saturday over his fact-free claims of election fraud that he did a full capitulation on the spot.

This is the same lawmaker who urged Trump supporters in a speech late last year to “threaten” politicians and warn them: “I’m coming after you” while demanding that American voters’ choice for president be overturned. Cawthorn also rallied the Trump supporters against the election before they stormed the building Jan. 6. He later revealed he was armed that day.

Brown pressed the lawmaker on his reasons for contesting the presidential electoral votes in Congress. Cawthorn claimed that an official was “ballot harvesting” in the “parks” of Wisconsin.

Brown pointed out that no court had supported any of the baseless arguments about election fraud — including courts with judges appointed by Donald Trump.

“Indeed, I believe specifically — and this is the one that I debated on behalf of, on the House floor — in Wisconsin that was never heard because they dismissed it because of standing. Now I don’t believe that is a concrete enough of a way to dismiss it,” Cawthorn attempted to clarify.

Pressed again to provide at least one specific example of election fraud, he responded, bizarrely: “Like I said, that’s not the reason I contested the election.”

Brown snapped: “So you wanted to throw out millions of votes without actually seeing any concrete evidence of fraud?”

Cawthorn then claimed he challenged the votes to “hold up the Constitution.”

Brown also nailed Cawthorn for saying he has issues with changes to election rules in other states when his own state of North Carolina made similar changes because of the pandemic.

“I’m not aware of the laws that were changed inside of North Carolina,” he explained in a jaw-dropping admission.
                              Nevertheless, he deemed the election very “safe and secure” in his state, which voted for Trump.

At long last, Cawthorn admitted: “I think I would say the election was not fraudulent. The Constitution allowed for us to be able to push back as much as we could, and I did that to the ... constitutional limits that I had at my disposal. So now I would say that Joseph R. Biden is our president."

This clown reminds me of Kelso from That 70's Show...only not nearly as intelligent.

Comment

[SIZE=18px]

This clown reminds me of Kelso from That 70's Show...only not nearly as intelligent.
                                Watch me catch sh!t for this. He is a Millennial who thinks he knows more than he does at 25.

Comment

Working...
                                X