No announcement yet.

The US 2020 Presidential Election & Attempts To Overturn It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lukashenka and Putin have no agenda. SMH. Well, you never claimed to be Intelligence.
    Chimo

Comment

• Their sole 'agenda' is to retain power and escape the retributions that would follow if they lost power.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
        Lukashenka and Putin have no agenda. SMH. Well, you never claimed to be Intelligence.

Originally posted by snapper View Post
        Their sole 'agenda' is to retain power and escape the retributions that would follow if they lost power.
        Guys, please don't spread your feud across multiple threads. Thank you.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          Finally, speaking as a center-right independent, I daresay that Biden could simply do nothing at all and it would be an improvement on the current dumpster fire in the White House.
          This is hilarious. :D
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• I simply cannot wrap my head around how what looks like normal people believing what they say about a good job Trump is doing. The two women in the beginning must be in the same alternate universe Trump is in.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

Comment

• Originally posted by tantalus View Post
              Thats a good summary. Iam actually surprised that shy-voter evidence hasnt emerged. Humans arent great with statistics, if i say something has a 90% chance of occuring and it doesnt people will come back and say hey, you got it wrong, but in fact I also said there ia a 10% chance it doesnt.
              Most people suck with stats but a great many people suck with predictions and don't really calibrate. I remember the run-up to 2016, and Nate Silver was getting LIVID with people not understanding that 80%=/=98%. Some people were actually saying that Nate Silver was endangering people by making it seem Trump had a chance (????)

The major difference is that there were a lot of undecided in 2016, and while Hillary led, it was never by HUGE margins...and Trump pulled ahead a time or two. There's nothing like this now, where Biden has comfortable leads and nearly 50% poll share in most of the battleground states. Biden doesn't need to outperform HRC by a lot to guarantee a big win.
              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                There's nothing like this now, where Biden has comfortable leads and nearly 50% poll share in most of the battleground states. Biden doesn't need to outperform HRC by a lot to guarantee a big win.
                Biden needs to decisively stomp Trump's living guts out in both the popular vote and the EC. Any other scenario and Trump will have (extremely flimsy) grounds to cry fraud and let slip the Supreme Court. He might do it anyway of course but he'll get much less support from the GOP the harder he's pummeled at the polls.

Unfortunately Trump's numbers are already improving, edging back up just as they always do.

The flip side of that coin of course is that it's still a long time until November.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• I do not think there is any possibility the Supreme Court is going to save Trump's bacon if he clearly lost (or even narrowly lost!) an election. Roberts isn't going to pull a move that will essentially tank SC legitimacy for the next 2 generations to hand an election over to Trump. Dude can easily camp that seat another 20 years.
                  "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Biden needs to decisively stomp Trump's living guts out in both the popular vote and the EC. Any other scenario and Trump will have (extremely flimsy) grounds to cry fraud and let slip the Supreme Court. He might do it anyway of course but he'll get much less support from the GOP the harder he's pummeled at the polls.

Unfortunately Trump's numbers are already improving, edging back up just as they always do.

The flip side of that coin of course is that it's still a long time until November.
                    it's Rasmussen, fairly low quality pollster:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

NBC just came out with theirs, showing +11% for Biden. yes, 11%.

national poll aggregates still show Biden up by 8-9%, which is landslide territory.

even if the polls were off by 3% in favor of Trump, that's still major victory territory for Biden.

the biggest difference between now and 2016 is that then, people whom hated both candidates broke heavily for Trump.

now, people whom hate both candidates break -very, very- heavily for Biden.

a bunch of other smaller but still significant differences; Biden far more favorable with the 55+ crowd than HRC ever was, and given Trump's handling of the "boomer doomer" virus...they're breaking heavily for Biden.

the interesting thing is that there's rather more evidence given the polls right now that if there's an error, it'll be in Biden's favor, not Trump. if Biden wins by +12% on election night, you're talking easily 400+ EVs, because Biden would have won Texas! (where he's up right now, incidentally...)
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                      I simply cannot wrap my head around how what looks like normal people believing what they say about a good job Trump is doing. The two women in the beginning must be in the same alternate universe Trump is in.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...k-in-politics/

The exact same reaction that I had.

I bet they are some of the same folk who look at their Form 1040s, stocks and 401ks and think Trump is doing a great job while ignoring the rest of the world around them. Know plenty of places like that across the country, not just in Texas.
                      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                      Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post

the interesting thing is that there's rather more evidence given the polls right now that if there's an error, it'll be in Biden's favor, not Trump. if Biden wins by +12% on election night, you're talking easily 400+ EVs, because Biden would have won Texas! (where he's up right now, incidentally...)
                        Geebus but Fat Nixon is getting pummelled!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=irpromo
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• from a political perspective, I just don't see how any politician can survive both this type of pandemic response AND an economy worse than that of the Great Recession's.
                          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                            Oh no doubt. It's very much a right-leaning poll and Trump's favorite...which is exactly why I tend to use it alongside 538 and Electoral-Vote. It's an excellent counterweight and let's you know what the opposition has under their fingernails.

Also, when Rasmussen's Trump numbers are tanking, it's less easy for Trump's followers to claim that it's just a left-wing shill.

As it is, he just lost 4 points this morning, maybe from his shilling for Goya Foods right at the fucking Resolute Desk.

He just can't keep from shitting all over the Presidency...

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	1479152

Comment

• Not sure how the political nonsense around Goya leads to any conclusion other than Americans deserving to be shat on.

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                                Not sure how the political nonsense around Goya leads to any conclusion other than Americans deserving to be shat on.
                                I'm not quite understanding that....

Comment

Working...
                                X