Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweet thread from an author that wrote a book about Active measures

https://twitter.com/RidT/status/1316373915141386247

Sounds plausible. And that is the problem.

Everything about this story 'sounds plausible'

Comment

• Biden, stated that pre WW2 USA had a good relationship with Hitler!?
      Also he stated that he never, received a foreign penny!
      Beach front homes in Rehoboth, are not cheap!

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
        The service provider was never paid.
        He was accessing abandoned property.
        I am sure you are familiar with a mechanic’s lien.
        It is the same concept if services are not paid for, then comes forfeiture, and thereafter the disposition of said property is up to the possessor.
        I don't think a mechanics' lien entitles a person to take personal possession of stored telecommunications and data. Nor does it entitle a person to open up Microsoft Outlook on said laptop, and sync their inbox using the cached credentials, and read the emails.

I think you're really reaching here.

Needless to say, it seems apparent this IT guy had spurious motivations. I don't take him at his word on anything he has to say on the matter, or that there's even a there there.

Going through a client's data and telecommunications is an extremely unconscionable breach. Not really any different than a doctor posting copies of a patient's medical records on Facebook, or a plumber taking it upon himself to search somebody's home when he's there on a job.

Personally, I've worked on thousands of computers with very sensitive data on them and have never had the least bit of curiosity to look at it. If I need to something as simple as ensuring a PDF opens with Adobe instead of Edge, I'll download a sample PDF, rather than testing with one of the client's PDFs. When I've done rounds around offices for next day support, if the client has sensitive information on their screen, I look away and ask them to minimize their inbox, PDFs, or docs before proceeding to provide any assistance. I look away when they type in their passwords.
        Last edited by Ironduke; 23 Oct 20,, 13:22.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Tony Bobulinski, knows how to manage and keep his devices secure.
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aiiSq7toqlQ

Comment

Biden, stated that pre WW2 USA had a good relationship with Hitler!?
            Last time I checked (like, three seconds ago), Rehoboth is still in the United States of America.
            Where are you, Moscow?
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

Comment

• While I am not currently in Rehoboth, I usually patronize a business there a few times a month.
              You have failed to grasp is that he has implemented his political spoils into beach front property, to supplement his other holdings.
              Watch the video, and perhaps more will become apparent to you?

Whenever one has to result to mentioning Hitler, that one has lost the debate.
              Last edited by surfgun; 23 Oct 20,, 16:40.

Comment

Biden, stated that pre WW2 USA had a good relationship with Hitler!?
                Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                While I am not currently in Rehoboth, I usually patronize a business there a few times a month.
                You have failed to grasp is that he has implemented his political spoils into beach front property, to supplement his other holdings.

So, just to be clear, you're greatly troubled by politicians getting suspicious foreign money, is that correct?

Also, do you believe that suspicious foreign money is the only way for a former politician to become wealthy? Speaking fees and book deals just don't enter into the picture?

Also, a comparison between Kim Jong-Un and Adolf Hitler isn't remotely appropriate?

“Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America.”
                ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Pollster Frank Luntz: If Trump defies polls again in 2020, 'my profession is done'

Pollster Frank Luntz told Fox News on Thursday night that if poll predictions are wrong about the 2020 election between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden, his "profession is done" in terms of faith and confidence from the public.

Recent polls show Biden ahead nationally in some polls by double digits, with the former vice president ahead in the majority of battleground states. Biden is also competing with Trump in states like Georgia and Texas, which are normally carried by Republican candidates.

The assessment comes nearly four years after President Trump defied almost all polls, upsetting former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election by winning the Electoral College, 304-227.

Trump, however, lost the popular vote.

Fox News anchor Bret Baier asked Luntz during the network's pre-debate coverage on Thursday night what the consequences would be for pollsters if the industry gets it wrong again.

"Well, I hate to acknowledge it, because that's my industry — at least partially — but the public will have no faith. No confidence. Right now, the biggest issue is the trust deficit. And pollsters did not do a good job in 2016. So if Donald Trump surprises people, if Joe Biden had a 5- or 6-point lead, my profession is done."

Many election forecasts, including from The New York Times and FiveThirtyEight, gave Clinton more than a 70 percent chance of winning the morning of Nov. 8, 2016.

On Oct. 21, 2016, the Times "Upshot" even went as high as giving the former secretary of State a 93 percent chance to take the White House.

The RealClearPolitics index of polls gave Clinton a 3.2 percent advantage nationally on the eve of the election. The Democratic nominee captured the popular vote by 2.1 percentage points.

Biden currently leads Trump in the RealClearPolitics index of polls in key battleground states by 4.1 percentage points
                  _________

On the one hand, he ain't lying. Should Trump win again, polling's street cred, at least as far as Presidential elections are concerned, will rank somewhere between jack and shit.

On the other hand, when the Electoral College allows for a candidate to win a pathetic 22% of the popular vote and still become President, that's not something that's even remotely the fault of polls or pollsters.

Sure, Biden will almost certainly ring up a popular vote victory even higher than Clinton did. But it won't mean diddly squat if the EC votes aren't there.

And that's why I'm not giving these polls that are overwhelmingly in favor of Biden much credence. Also the race is tightening up a LOT in Florida, and it's still 11 days until November 3rd.

This one's gonna come right down to the wire.
                  “Never let yourself be persuaded that any one Great Man, any one leader, is necessary to the salvation of America. When America consists of one leader and 158 million followers, it will no longer be America.”
                  ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Trump Sees Reason for Hope in Voter Signups That Polls May Miss

President Donald Trump and his campaign have cited increased Republican voter registrations as a sign he still has a viable path to re-election, despite public polls showing him headed for a loss.

As of this week across eight battleground states, Republicans have registered about 179,000 more voters than Democrats since 2016, including big net gains in two states that could decide the election -- Florida and Pennsylvania. After the 2016 election, famously decided by about 88,000 voters in three Midwestern states, that margin could prove significant on Election Night.

Democrat Joe Biden holds a lead of roughly 8 points on average in national polls, but Trump and his allies consider voter registrations one of the indications that public opinion surveys are once again failing to fully capture the president’s support -- what Trump has called a “silent majority,” and what some pollsters call “shy Trump voters.”

“There are glimmers of hope, because I think the president’s campaign did what the last two incumbents did, which is: alter the composition of the electorate,” said Scott Jennings, a Republican strategist. “Now, whether it’s enough to overcome the polling deficit, we’ll find out. But it’s clear to me that the field operation they’ve built has obviously done something -- you can see it in the voter registration stats.”

There are several factors that run counter to the Trump campaign’s rosy outlook, however. For one, in half of the eight battleground states, it is Democrats -- not the GOP -- who have made bigger gains signing up voters.

And the sheer number of voters living in the eight states, about 48 million, means the GOP sign-up advantage would only matter if the election is exceedingly close.

Polls don’t show a very tight election at the moment. And Trump has openly marveled that he could lose, despite the thousands of supporters who regularly pack airport hangers for his campaign rallies. He and his campaign claimed this week that momentum is on the president’s side, calling the Republican advantage in voter registration a key indicator of enthusiasm.

Trump has regularly dismissed polls, instead promising a “red wave” of voters and predicting gains for his party in Congress. “I think we’re going to win the House. You’ll see, but I think we’re going to win the House,” he said Thursday night at the final debate between the two candidates.

‘Incredible’ Enthusiasm
                    He’s made clear that the voter registration figures are one reason for his optimism.

“We have a lot of Democrats who are coming over as Republicans; we have a lot of registration that people don’t talk about in North Carolina, Pennsylvania,” Trump said in an Oct. 13 interview on the “What The Hell” podcast.

“So I think we’re going to be in great shape,” he said. “I just see it. I see the enthusiasm. It’s incredible.”

Trump’s campaign has leaned particularly on Republican success narrowing registration gaps in Florida and Pennsylvania, two states crucial to his 2016 victory that are all but must-win for him again this year. Together, they will award 49 of the 270 electoral college votes necessary to win.

In Florida, the GOP added about 445,000 voters to the rolls since 2016, compared with 298,000 for the Democratic Party. In Pennsylvania, Republicans have added more than 200,000 voters since 2016, while Democrats lost more than 10,000 -- though they have registered new voters at a faster pace this year than the GOP.

The Race to Register
                    Both parties have sought to add voters to the rolls in battleground states

Source: State voter registration data

Note: Net Voter Registration Increases are from 2016 to 2020

“Republicans’ portion of the electorate has swung violently in Republicans’ favor since Election Day 2016, in nearly every battleground state. And importantly, we have seen a surge in registrations in Republicans’ favor down the homestretch over the last few weeks and months of the campaign,” Trump’s campaign manager Bill Stepien said this week.

The president’s campaign says that increased Republican voter registrations are the result of an expansive -- and expensive -- field operation across the country. The Trump campaign has 285 field offices and about 2,000 paid staff -- twice as many offices and field workers as in 2016. Increased voter registrations give the campaign more wiggle room for get-out-the-vote efforts intended to make sure supporters show up at the polls, one official said.

Yet some key battlegrounds -- including Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia, Minnesota and Texas -- do not report voter registrations by party, leaving an unclear picture of what the efforts have achieved.

Biden has not made comparable investments on the ground, a deliberate decision to eschew face-to-face campaigning because of the coronavirus pandemic.

‘Numbers and Data’
                    Trump and his top campaign officials believe that legwork, along with an aggressive schedule of as many as five rallies a day in the final stretch, will energize Republican voters and provide momentum going into Election Day.

“We feel better about our pathway to victory right now than we have at any point in the campaign this year,” Stepien told reporters on Monday. “This optimism is based on numbers and data, not feel, not sense.”

Voter registrations, though, are a notoriously imprecise measurement of actual enthusiasm to cast a ballot. For example, look no further than Pennsylvania in 2016, when registered Democrats outnumbered Republicans by more than 900,000. There were also more than 1.2 million people registered with neither party, and Trump edged Hillary Clinton by 44,292 votes in the state, or less than a percentage point.

The number of unaffiliated voters in Pennsylvania has grown to more than 1.3 million this year.

“Registration doesn’t equal voters. It really matters who turns out, not who’s registered,” said Trey Hood, a political science professor at the University of Georgia and director of its Survey Research Center.

He noted the large numbers of unaffiliated voters in all of the states.

“When the election is really close, that’s going to make a big difference,” Hood said. “Pandemic aside, even in previous elections, I’ve learned the hard way you can’t make any inferences about what’s going on in the early election period, because there’s still Election Day.”

Fundraising Gap
                    Another enthusiasm indicator Trump’s campaign used to point to, fundraising, has turned dramatically against him. Biden out-raised Trump by about $135 million in September and by about $150 million in August, wiping out the financial advantage the incumbent president once enjoyed and allowing the former vice president to blanket the airwaves in battleground states with television ads.

Biden holds leads of varying sizes in polls of battleground states Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona and Georgia, and is essentially tied with Trump in Ohio and Iowa.

And there’s even reason for Trump to worry in the voter registration figures.

Democrats have seen a surge in net voter registrations in Ohio, cutting the Republican party’s lead in half since 2016, from 746,000 more registered voters than Democrats to 368,000 now. They have made smaller net gains against Republicans in Arizona, Nevada and New Hampshire.

Ohio has more unaffiliated voters than the total number registered by either party, and the Trump campaign official noted that a competitive Democratic primary may have increased registrations for that party this year.

Under Ohio law, voters register an affiliation by requesting a ballot in a primary election. Those who don’t vote in primaries are considered unaffiliated.

But David Pepper, chairman of the Ohio Democratic Party, said he was optimistic the state would go for the Democratic presidential candidate for the first time since 2012.

“We saw registrations that greatly added to our rolls,” Pepper said. “A huge chunk of that was younger people. We added a lot more young people to the rolls, especially very late.”

And in New Hampshire, where polls show Biden with a double-digit lead, the state’s Democratic Party chairman Ray Buckley said: “We’re feeling pretty positive. I think the people of New Hampshire are just ready to turn the page.”

In the three battleground states where Republicans have made the largest gains -- North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Florida -- Democrats still hold an overall lead in voter registrations.

Democrats in Georgia and Texas have been excited about turnout during early voting in their states. Recent polls of Texas, a Republican stronghold since 1994, have shown Biden tied or even leading Trump.

As mentioned previously, this isn't over by a long shot.
                    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

While I am not currently in Rehoboth, I usually patronize a business there a few times a month.

Joe Biden owns a nice home, therefore, ipso facto, he must be not only corrupt, but taking money from the Russians (just like The Trumpet).

Wow. Just, wow.

Biden entered the Senate in 1973, and became Vice President 36 years later, an office he held for eight years.

Senate Salary: $3,786,750 (sum totals here, folks) … average US personal income $743,682. Ratio: 5.09:1

VP Salary: $3,066,970 … average US personal income $624,470. Ratio: 4.91:1

Maybe – and I'm willing to go out on a limb here, because I'm not counting a dime his wife made, nor any income from writings or speaking fees – just maybe … he earned the money and paid for it himself?

Nah, the Russian-fed wacko right-wing nuts don't buy it.

Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• And, on a more fact-based note ...

AP FACT CHECK: Falsehoods and fumbles in Trump-Biden debate

https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-check-final-debate-trump-biden-4d304cf7ce7dee9c228f48bd9b76e8f7

Debate Lies

COVID-1: "We're rounding the turn.” Yeah, and into on-coming traffic!

“Sure, we expected 2.2 million to die. That's what the models said.” No, they didn't.

“Clean border facilities for children.” No, and you can't find the parents of more than 500 of those kids. Talk about the party of child abuse!

“The Paris accord would cost trillions.” Except, no. Totally voluntary.

“Tens of millions of dollars (in income taxes) I prepaid.” Nope.

“Joe got $3.5 (million) from Russia.” Probably mistaken his own family for that of the former VP.

And, they even found one from the other side!
                        “No one lost medical insurance under Obamacare.”
                        It's true! If your insurance wasn't in compliance with Bidencare law, you went under
                        Bidencare. (That's what it's called, right?)
                        (Now, if we net out the number of people who gained insurance, then the accusation remains total bullshit.)

Trust me?
                        I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                          Maybe - and I'm willing to go out on a limb here, because I'm not counting a dime his wife made, nor any income from writings or speaking fees - just maybe - he earned the money and paid for it himself?
                          Everyone knows that book deals and speaking fees for people at Biden's level are just chump change. You couldn't buy a used Honda for what he (and his Ed.D wife) probably got for a book deal. /s

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Incorrect. When one discusses fascism one cannot leave Hitler out of the mix irregardless of what he did in the end. He must be included along with Mussolini, Franco, Pinochet, and a host of others in such a discussion. Besides Biden had a point since American bankers were quite friendly with Hitler in helping him with loans which financed his rearmament. Henry Ford was also fond of Hitler.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

So, just to be clear, you're greatly troubled by politicians getting suspicious foreign money, is that correct?

Also, do you believe that suspicious foreign money is the only way for a former politician to become wealthy? Speaking fees and book deals just don't enter into the picture?

Also, a comparison between Kim Jong-Un and Adolf Hitler isn't remotely appropriate?
                              I love that in 2017 Trump withdrew $15 million of unknown origin from a bank account in China, but that is fine. Biden is worth $9 million after almost 50 years either in the Senate or as VP and he is the corrupt one. There is a reason why this is getting no traction - people know BS when they see it.
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Trump refuses to donate to his own re-election, leaving his campaign with one third of Biden's war chest

Donald Trump went into the final sprint of the election with a funding war chest one-third the size of Joe Biden, but he has yet to open his chequebook to close the gap.

The Biden campaign went into the home stretch with more than $177m in the bank compared to Mr Trump's $63.1m, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission.

Despite saying in early September that he would spend "whatever it takes" if more money was needed, Mr Trump hasn't spent a dime to his re-election campaign and aides are reluctant to ask directly, according to The New York Times' reporting this week.

“But we’re doing very well. We needed to spend more money upfront because of the pandemic and the statements being made by Democrats, which were, again, disinformation,” Mr Trump said when asked in September.

“But if we needed any more, I’d put it up personally, like I did in the primaries last time. In the 2016 primaries, I put up a lot of money. If I have to, I’ll do it here. But we don’t have to because we have double and maybe even triple what we had a number of years ago.”

Mr Trump loaned his $43.5 million to his 2016 campaign during the Republican primaries and uses that as evidence to support claims he is not influenced by money in politics.

When asked how much he was willing to give in 2020, Mr Trump added: “Whatever it takes. We have to win. This is the most important election in the history of our country.”

While going into October with $63.1 million in the bank puts Mr Trump on par with Hillary Clinton's 2016 ledger, it is a fraction of the $1billion he has raised throughout the election cycle and is a reversal from where the Republican and Democrat campaigns began. Mr Trump started the year with $100 million in the bank compared to about $10 million for Mr Biden.

The Trump campaign met with the Republican National Committee (RNC) last week to discuss funding campaign operations in the final stretch, including the possibility of taking out a loan or deferring payments until after election day, a person familiar with the matter told the Times

In response, the RNC announced a $55m advertising campaign in key swing states. Campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said the spend was a 40 per cent increase over their initial plans.

Trump campaign's deputy national press secretary Ken Farnaso said in a statement they had all the resources they need "to combat Joe Biden's Hollywood funded, elitist campaign in the home stretch of this election".

“We are confident that the American people can see through Biden’s smokescreen and know that our grassroots mobilization, unmatched enthusiasm, and comprehensive ground game strategy wipes the floor with Biden’s sorry excuse for a campaign,” Mr Farnaso said in a statement to The Hill.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Campaign.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1567200

Once again, Trump is running his campaign like he runs his businesses: Blow through obscene amounts of cash with virtually nothing to show for it....then get others to bail him out.

Of course, his liquidity is probably bone dry by now...
                                ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                                X