The US 2020 Presidential Election & Attempts To Overturn It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
    Easy to get a booming economy from a booming deficit and debt. But that all Trumpkin ever did until he got into money laundering. Want to know why Trumpkin Tower Moscow never happened? Just common sense for the Putin mafia; their money is already safe in Muscovy but makes nothing - they need it abroad - in places they like to enjoy the 'perversions' and the spiritual and moral 'decadence'. I mean floating around on superyachts with Belorusian 'sex therapists' is easy in the West.

Add traitor.
    Trump may be an idiot, but he is not such an idiot that he's driven the economy directly into the ground. I was told it was a certainty that this would happen, along with starting a nuclear war, banning all immigrants, and eliminating abortion. Hell, on the night of the election many people were pointing to the stock market collapse on Election Night as proof everything was about to collapse.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Yup. As the wall morphed into secure borders, the swamp morphed into the committed democrat operatives, who are happily outing themselves.
      Vindman still has a job, professionally staring out the window twiddling his pencil and hoping someone might come by and talk to him.
      Same as

Perhaps the two can go out for dinner together.

Hell, even Bruce Orr is required to front up to his office in the basement each day. The rest of Washington has just gone 'meh, lets make a deal'.
      Still obsessed with who called the fire department but not a care in the world about the inferno blazing away in plain sight.

Good priorities you've got there.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Well, apart from a booming economy, record Black and Hispanic employment and surviving not one but two coup attempts :-))

Oddly enough, considering he's *-checks list-* a racist Islamophobic sexist racist fascist idiot child orange god emperor moron traitor racist f*ckwit racist did-I-mention-racist? totalitarian half-wit, he seems to have out-fought every single lefty in the entire continental US. With growing popularity.
        What that says about the left, I couldn't possibly comment.....
        Given that everything on your list is demonstrably true of Trump, I'd gonna say that it says far more about the 62,984,828 Americans that voted for Trump, and not as much about the 73,684,448‬ that voted for *-checks list-* literally anybody else.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          Still obsessed with who called the fire department but not a care in the world about the inferno blazing away in plain sight.

Good priorities you've got there.
          You'd rather they were sacked?
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Given that everything on your list is demonstrably true of Trump, I'd gonna say that it says far more about the 62,984,828 Americans that voted for Trump, and not as much about the 73,684,448‬ that voted for *-checks list-* literally anybody else.
            So how is it he's outfought every attack against him? Hint: if you say his supporters are racist Islamophobic sexist racist fascist idiot child orange god emperor moron traitor racist f*ckwit racist did-I-mention-racist? totalitarian half-wits, there's a good chance he'll win the next election as well.

Leibniz

Comment

You'd rather they were sacked?
              I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I'd rather whom were sacked?

Comment

So how is it he's outfought every attack against him? Hint: if you say his supporters are racist Islamophobic sexist racist fascist idiot child orange god emperor moron traitor racist f*ckwit racist did-I-mention-racist? totalitarian half-wits, there's a good chance he'll win the next election as well.
                He hasn't "outfought" them. He's vastly outnumbered by them. He was saved only by, first the Electoral College, then has been shielded in lockstop by Congressional Republicans.

The midterm elections cost the GOP the House by a good margin when, if Trump was truly "outfighting" them, the GOP would've rode his coattails into another 2 years of solid control.

And I'm not saying that all of his supporters are all those things: But plenty of them are. And the rest are comfortable enough with Trump being those things that they'll ignore it (again) and vote for him (again).

So, while you obviously can't vote for him, I'm wondering....why do you still support him so rabidly, in spite of that damning laundry list of slime?

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I'd rather whom were sacked?
                  Orr, Vindman and Voldemorte (he who shall not be named.).
                  Examine my post in context of DE's comment
                  Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                  This is all good. It means he's figured out how to work with the swamp if not clean it out.

There never is an incentive to clean it out because it will work with any one.

If you try to clean it up you find out everybody is tainted.

Nuclear option is off the table.

Leibniz

Comment

Orr, Vindman and Voldemorte (he who shall not be named.).
                    Examine my post in context of DE's comment
                    I'm sorry but DE's comments are incredibly nonsensical and circular. With a couple of recent exceptions I've stopped replying to him entirely. Unfortunately like a moth to a flame I get drawn right back in because I simply can't believe some of the things he says.
                    In any case, I'm not going down this rabbit hole. You and Trump and the GOP are obsessed with the whistleblower and yet don't seem to give a shit about investigating what he tipped Congress off on.

Comment

He hasn't "outfought" them. He's vastly outnumbered by them. He was saved only by, first the Electoral College, then has been shielded in lockstop by Congressional Republicans.

The midterm elections cost the GOP the House by a good margin when, if Trump was truly "outfighting" them, the GOP would've rode his coattails into another 2 years of solid control.

And I'm not saying that all of his supporters are all those things: But plenty of them are. And the rest are comfortable enough with Trump being those things that they'll ignore it (again) and vote for him (again).

So, while you obviously can't vote for him, I'm wondering....why do you still support him so rabidly, in spite of that damning laundry list of slime?
                      I don't support him Joe. Of the appalling list presented last election, Bernie would have been my pick.
                      What I am saying is you are stuck in the same place as the screaming liberal video I posted before, three years on.
                      Stop ascribing the aforementioned racist blah blah to people who think differently than you.
                      Personally, I'd like to see Tulsi Gabbard in the WH. She's intelligent, charismatic, the former HC supporters would flock to her and she'd have trump on the back foot from day one.
                      The fact she's a Vet, ethnically a Pacifica sista, a Hindu and her hubby is a kiwi bro is neither here nor there, though first husband layin down a bbq on the first lawn would be chill.
                      In other words, Trump is there and will stay there until you pick someone who can beat him in the elections.

Leibniz

Comment

I'm sorry but DE's comments are incredibly nonsensical and circular. With a couple of recent exceptions I've stopped replying to him entirely. Unfortunately like a moth to a flame I get drawn right back in because I simply can't believe some of the things he says.
                        In any case, I'm not going down this rabbit hole. You and Trump and the GOP are obsessed with the whistleblower and yet don't seem to give a shit about investigating what he tipped Congress off on.
                        I'm not obsessed with the whistleblower at all, and DE and my conversation was around Trump and the swamp working together rather than the
                        nuclear option
                        . I used the whistleblower(s) as an example of people not being fired to agree with
                        It means he's figured out how to work with the swamp if not clean it out.

There never is an incentive to clean it out because it will work with any one.
                        Basically we're just using International Shorthand because we know each other, not obsessing about whistleblowers. As for Trumps dastardly deeds, colour me shocked when it moves beyond sound and fury signifying nothing. Until that point I will continue to mock, because rage without purpose and aim should always be mocked.

Leibniz

Comment

In other words, Trump is there and will stay there until you pick someone who can beat him in the elections.
                          Bottom line !

Have the people had enough or not.

No, they have not

Total approve still in the high 40s.

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                          Basically we're just using International Shorthand because we know each other, not obsessing about whistleblowers.
                          Man said he would clean up and the question is what has he done.

His supporters will see this affair as trying to do so but getting stopped. Not just that but attempt to topple.

Will they continue to support him ? definitely.

This same question was being asked before the Indian elections because Modi said the same thing.

Where's the fish ? that's the question

Zelensky will face similar in a few years time
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Dec 19,, 03:14.

Comment

I don't support him Joe.
                            Iain. Your posting from the last couple days screams loud and clear that that is BULLSHIT.

Of the appalling list presented last election, Bernie would have been my pick.
                            Bernie? And now you're defending Trump at every turn? What the fuck man?

What I am saying is you are stuck in the same place as the screaming liberal video I posted before, three years on.
                            Maybe because this man is shitting all over American institutions and values that I had previously thought inviolate, at least by those on the Right? Maybe because this man is a loathsome ****?

Stop ascribing the aforementioned racist blah blah to people who think differently than you.
                            Show me EXACTLY where I did that. And no, saying that many of Trump's supporters are racist doesn't count because they goddamn well ARE racist, proud of it, and Trump has emboldened them to say it and take action on it.

Not up to me man. And not up to the voters. We saw that pretty clearly in 2016.

Comment

Iain. Your posting from the last couple days screams loud and clear that that is BULLSHIT.
                              Well no. WAB has always been about cutting through BS to see what is actually there. 2-3 years ago and right up to now, "Trump colluded with the Russians to subvert the Presidential Elections". 2-3 years later, after incredibly broad criteria series of investigations, nothing.

Bernie? And now you're defending Trump at every turn? What the fuck man?
                              1st read here, here, here, here, and here.
                              2nd: What I'm defending is the board against Hyperbolic Political Propaganda. What I have always done since we first introduced these.
                              Maybe because this man is shitting all over American institutions and values that I had previously thought inviolate, at least by those on the Right? Maybe because this man is a loathsome ****?
                              Yes he is.

Show me EXACTLY where I did that. And no, saying that many of Trump's supporters are racist doesn't count because they goddamn well ARE racist, proud of it, and Trump has emboldened them to say it and take action on it.
                              echo chamber

Not up to me man. And not up to the voters. We saw that pretty clearly in 2016.
                              I've always considered you a classical liberal. Would that be correct?

Leibniz

Comment

I've always considered you a classical liberal. Would that be correct?
                                Already had this argument with him.

He thinks people's vote does not count. EC screws it up. System is broken

If people think like this then you get Trump & Brexit because people who support do believe their vote counts.

I say system is broken if people like Trump & Brexit cannot happen. THAT is when your vote does not count.

The elites have captured it and can get the result they want. They tell you what to think, what to do and how to vote.

He goes on about popular vote when the system is first past the post.

Many countries use FPP. That tells me it has value.

That dense pockets cannot dominate broad support.

Does not require 3 million votes in California to go from 54 to 55 in EC. This is the best slam i've heard for popular vote.

Michael Walsh said it, he writes coulmns in the NY Post from time to time. Reason i watch him is when the MSM was saying Trump would lose, this guy got in a car, drove around the country and came up with a different assessment. He called the result a month before the elections.

Good old fashioned reporting. Not sitting in some fancy office in Manhattan or DC and writing nonsense. He's been quiet of late but i'm sure he'll get into it soon.

I learnt there is disconnect with what the media leads you to believe and what the people think. And its taken me a long time to appreciate this difference. Media is about agenda. All the big name media houses in the US & elsewhere are into it.

It's not working any more. It's never worked but it took a Trump to make that clear.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Dec 19,, 12:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X