The US 2020 Presidential Election & Attempts To Overturn It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post

The last I checked, he is no relation to DJT or the Bush family. Keep grasping at your "single standard?"
    Ohhhh, you're going for the good ol' Sippenhaftung now. What a shock.

Like tbm3fan said, desperation suits you well.

Hey here's a thought: have you ever considered an intelligent truthful defense of your cult leader and your blind devotion to him?

Or is that asking waaaay too much?
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The last I checked, he is no relation to DJT or the Bush family. Keep grasping at your “single standard?”
      My great uncles were IRA members back in the 20s in the fight against Britain for Ireland's freedom. So I guess that makes me an IRA terrorist, eh? Or in my case who gives a sh!t what those great uncles did who I never knew. Consequently who gives a sh!t what someone's great great grandfather might have been done 160 years ago and had no influence on the upbringing of their great great grandson?

Then, of course, there is you...

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

My great uncles were IRA members back in the 20s in the fight against Britain for Ireland's freedom. So I guess that makes me an IRA terrorist, eh? Or in my case who gives a sh!t what those great uncles did who I never knew. Consequently who gives a sh!t what someone's great great grandfather might have been done 160 years ago and had no influence on the upbringing of their great great grandson?

So I share further similarity with you. Not only IRA connections but also rebellious coal miners in Nova Scotia.

Last I checked I am still welcome in Ireland, the UK & Canada.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

You may end up on the wrong end of the cancel culture... be careful.
          Lefties are pulling down statues of Teddy Roosevelt now.
          If a Republican could be tied in anyway to Slavery, the press would pound them into oblivion.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post

I think that's essentially the GOP strategy now: try to close the point gap to within 4-5, and then with enough shenanigans-- like the post office stuff, questioning of mail-in balloting, lawsuits, etc-- try to force it into either the court system or the House of Representatives.

but, the recent Biden polling is such that if it even kinda-sorta holds, all of this will be meaningless, thank God.

at this point, Biden is holding -consistently- higher leads than Clinton: both because he's more popular AND because Trump is doing considerably worse than in 2016.
            At this point the Biden leads seem substantial enough to survive any such challenges.

However, that doesn't mean Biden has a sure lock on the Presidency. And I think that's important to note when numerous commenters are saying the only way the GOP wins MUST be because of a rigged election or something similar. That's just not true. A large polling error, which isn't impossible, would be enough to swing the election back to Trump, absent ANY shenanigans. I'm not really able to find the 538 now-cast, but it is not a trivial possibility.

If we're really talking about "democracy on the line" yadda yadda yadda, you're basically talking about rolling a 20-sided dice and having it roll a 20, and then having a large fraction of the country believing that could only happen because the election is rigged.

This is not a healthy message to send.

DE,
            The Biden strategy to China is going to be a joke, because at this point no adminstration is going to to have a China policy that's going to achieve anything besides continuing concessions. That will not be the fault of Biden, that's just going to be the reality of the situation. It's not going to be dissimilar from North Korea or the Taliban: it's not realistic, given our options, to actually produce an outcome that we like. We're going to have to stomach something we don't like.

Really, we're just trying to mitigate and prevent absolute disasters.
            "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

You may end up on the wrong end of the cancel culture... be careful.
              Lefties are pulling down statues of Teddy Roosevelt now.
              If a Republican could be tied in anyway to Slavery, the press would pound them into oblivion.
              Lefties are dumb sh!ts just like righties are dumb sh!ts. Any other questions?

Comment

Lefties are dumb sh!ts just like righties are dumb sh!ts. Any other questions?
                Where can we middle-of-the-roadies get some good sh!t ?
                Asking for a friend ...
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• [Where can we middle-of-the-roadies get some good sh!t ?
                  Asking for a friend ...
                  speaking as a mostly-middle-of-the-roadie, I remember when the media and parts of the center-left commentariat was slobbering all over Paul Ryan for being a "wonk"...now that was good shit.
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post

Where can we middle-of-the-roadies get some good sh!t ?
                    Asking for a friend ...
                    Good question. That is tough since growing of the good stuff has been hard hit by by lack of good seed that is resistance to disease and pestilence in order to prosper.

Comment

Good question. That is tough since growing of the good stuff has been hard hit by by lack of good seed that is resistance to disease and pestilence in order to prosper.
                      And, Humbolt County — veggie HQ — keeps burning
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• Awkward moment Fox News host asks White House spokesman why no GOP surrogates are campaigning for Trump

Donald Trump’s lack of political support on the campaign trail was highlighted by Fox News on Wednesday morning, with the host asking where the surrogates were, and describing the president as “a one-man band”.

Brian Kilmeade spoke to White House spokesman Alyssa Farah on Fox & Friends, and noted something unusual about Trump’s campaign rallies.

“Here’s the thing I don’t understand,” he said. "He still has 85 per cent support among Republicans, maybe higher. And now you have almost all these governors outside of Governor Hogan that are big supporters of his from Doug Ducey to former Governor Rick Scott.

"Where are the surrogates?

"Where is Senator Rick Scott? Where is Senator Marco Rubio? Where is Senator Tim Scott? Where is Jim Jordan? It seems like the president is a one-man band with 20 days to go.

"I’m just not used to seeing this type of solo act, especially for an established president who has seen the loyalty before. Is there plans to get them out?”

Farah replied that the president’s children are out on the campaign trail, with Don Jr, Ivanka and Eric all hosting events.

“Something we’re also proud of is we’ve got all of the president’s children deployed into the states, talking about his record, the policies he’s enacted for the American people,” she said. “So, there are vocal supporters of his out there in the states making his case.”

Kilmeade remarked: “But he’s going to have to adopt quite a few kids with 50 states and so many in play. I just don’t know if there’s any help planned.”

Farah insisted: “We’ve got help on the way. We’ve got a lot of folks really eager to make his case to the American public.”

Kilmeade’s questions came as multiple publications reported that Republicans were seeking to distance themselves from the president, who according to RealClearPolitics’ latest tally of polls is trailing his rival Joe Biden by 9.8 per cent.

Mitch McConnell, the leader of the Senate, and his top lieutenant, Senator John Cornyn, have both offered critical assessments of the administration’s botched response to the coronavirus pandemic, with McConnell being at pains to stress that he has not set foot in the White House grounds since August.

Lindsey Graham, senator for South Carolina, and Susan Collins, senator for Maine, are both facing the real possibility of losing their seats in November, and broke with Trump last week over his decision — since reversed — to call off negotiations with House Democrats over a coronavirus relief package.

Thom Tillis, the North Carolina senator who tested positive for coronavirus after attending the White House “super-spreader” celebration of Amy Coney Barrett on September 26, apologised for not wearing a face mask, admitting it had been foolish.

And at a debate last week, Martha McSally, senator for Arizona, evaded repeatedly when asked whether she was proud of her support for Trump, in an excruciating clip which has since gone viral.

“I’m proud that I’m fighting for Arizonans on things like cutting your taxes,” McSally said.

Asked again, she repeated: “I’m proud to be fighting for Arizona every single day, putting legislation on President Trump’s desk. You look at the legislation we put on his desk, it’s to cut Arizonans’ taxes.”

This article reminds me of something....can't remember what though....

Click image for larger version

Name:	22be980478ea25838cd7ea64ab1fe020.jpg?w=671&h=&zoom=2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1566841

If Trump loses, we're going to get whiplash from the Republicans that say they never even heard of him.

“He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• So basically its Uday, Qusay, the one he wants to shag, her hubby, Rudy, some computer repairer from Delaware and that scary, shouty woman who used to go out with the Governor of California. Yep, that is the A team right there!
                          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                            So basically its Uday, Qusay, the one he wants to shag, her hubby, Rudy, some computer repairer from Delaware and that scary, shouty woman who used to go out with the Governor of California. Yep, that is the A team right there!
                            Farah insisted: “We’ve got help on the way. We’ve got a lot of folks really eager to make his case to the American public.”
                            Let's see, millions of American have already voted, actual Election Day is just over two weeks away (might as well be tomorrow) and....."we've got help on the on the way".

What in the blue hell are they waiting for, Arbor Day?

Comment

• Mary Trump Predicts How Donald Trump Would React To An Election Loss

Mary Trump said her uncle Donald Trump is in for a “rough ride” should his Democratic opponent Joe Biden win the presidential election.

On Tuesday, CNN host Don Lemon asked the president’s niece — a clinical psychologist who published a tell-all book about her uncle and family in July — how she thinks Trump might react if he loses his reelection bid, given his upbringing and “who he is.”

The president, who has been trailing Biden in the polls, told a rally audience in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, on Tuesday that Biden is the worst presidential candidate of all time. He said it would be “disgusting” if he lost to the Democrat.

If Trump does end up losing, “he’s setting himself up to look really bad,” his niece assessed. “He’s not going to take it well. Losing is not an acceptable thing in my family. My grandfather set his business up and his family up as a zero-sum game, and that meant only one person could win and everybody else needed to lose.”

“In order to win, Donald was trained to do everything it took, whether it’s lying, cheating or stealing.”

She also said that for the first time in his life, her uncle has almost nobody left to bail him out ― a pressure she said he’s very unfamiliar with.

Trump’s niece characterized the president’s recent behavior ― including a desperate plea at Tuesday’s rally for suburban women to “please like me” ― as being “uncharacteristically obviously weak” and something he would typically have criticized others for.

It's also been pretty obvious that (A.) Donald Trump is a whiny coward and (B.) the closer to Election Day, the more unhinged he'll get.

But I never imagined he'd turn into a begging little bitch, especially not pleading for women of all people to like him.

It's certainly a long way from "When you're a star you can do anything you want....grab 'em by the pussy!"

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

It's certainly a long way from "When you're a star you can do anything you want....grab 'em by the pussy!"
                                Yep, pussy got some claws now...

Comment

Working...
                                X