The US 2020 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump wants to hit campaign trail every day through election
    President Trump has asked his campaign to put him on the road every single day from now until Nov. 3.

Behind the scenes: His team is in the process of scheduling events to make that happen, two sources familiar with the discussions tell Axios. But not everyone thinks this is a good idea. One adviser said, “He’s going to kill himself.”

Why it matters: Look at the polls. Trump is in need of a rebound, and he's betting he's got a better chance on the move than sitting around the West Wing.

What we're hearing: The campaign is more worried than ever that seniors — a crucial voting bloc — are abandoning Trump over his handling of the pandemic.
    • "He really f----d up with seniors when he said not to worry about the virus and not to let it control your life," one Trump adviser told Axios. "There are so many grandparents who’ve gone almost a year without being able to see grandchildren."
    Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh tells Axios: “The president has personal experience with COVID and understands what people are going through."

What's next: Trump hits the trail for the first time since contracting COVID-19 tomorrow for an airport rally in Sanford, Florida, followed by stops in Pennsylvania on Tuesday and Iowa on Wednesday.

That's right, get back out there dude. Get in front of that microphone, keep tweeting, non-stop, show us what you're made of!

My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.

Comment

• I hope Biden gets Trump to do one more debate with him after Trump is COVID-free.

every time Trump talks, he gives Biden more rope to use.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

Actually i don't have the file since you provided a link on your PC (!)

Can you give us an internet link or attach here please

File attachment size limit with the last board was 10 MB. Generous. Don't know the file size limit with the new board.
        SORRY>
        https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

• California GOP says it owns unofficial ballot drop boxes

LOS ANGELES (AP) — California’s Republican Party on Monday acknowledged owning unofficial ballot drop boxes that state election officials said are illegal.

California election officials received reports over the weekend about the boxes in Fresno, Los Angeles and Orange counties.

On Sunday, the secretary of state issued a memo telling county registrars the boxes were illegal and that ballots must be mailed or brought to official voting locations.

“In short, providing unauthorized, non-official vote-by-mail ballot drop boxes is prohibited by state law,” the memo said.

State GOP spokesman Hector Barajas said that the party owns the boxes. He declined comment on how many exist and where they are located. Barajas said the state’s law governing so-called ballot harvesting allows an organization to collect and return groups of ballots.

“Democrats only seem to object to ballot harvesting when someone else does it,” Barajas said.

The controversy surfaced after a regional field director for the state’s GOP in Orange County posed in a social media photo with one of the unofficial boxes and wearing a face covering supporting the congressional campaign of Michelle Steel, a county supervisor who is challenging Democratic Rep. Harley Rouda for his seat.

There were also reports about similar boxes at a church in the Los Angeles County community of Castaic and at various locations in Fresno County.

In Orange County, the district attorney is investigating at least two unofficial boxes in two different cities, said Kimberly Edds, a spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office.

Neal Kelley, the county’s registrar of voters, said official drop boxes are clearly recognizable and carry official county elections logo. He said it wasn’t clear how many voters had used unofficial boxes but after receiving reports about them, he notified the state and district attorney’s office.

Fresno County Republicans said they will remove the boxes that had been placed at party headquarters, a gas station and gun shops, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Ballots will be turned in to county election officials, which was always the plan, said Fred Vanderhoof, chair of the Fresno Republican Party.

California Democratic Party Chair Rusty Hicks criticized the placement of the unofficial ballot drop boxes.

“Sadly, this is par for the course from the Republican Party — well-versed in making it harder, not easier for Californians to vote,” he said in a statement.

Comment

• Well in addition to eulogizing a Grand Wizard of the Klan and picking on Corn Pop, apparently his own Klan were slave holders. Will MSM pick up the story #cancel (Joe Robinette Biden).The genealogy is attached in the link.
            https://www.glennbeck.com/research/e...y-owned-slaves

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
              Well in addition to eulogizing a Grand Wizard of the Klan and picking on Corn Pop, apparently his own Klan were slave holders. Will MSM pick up the story #cancel (Joe Robinette Biden).The genealogy is attached in the link.
              "Glenn Beck"

The Donald is sad that he's got (unproven) competition.

There there surfgun, your cult leader is still Number One with white supremacists.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZpdQfRF.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1566772

Comment

• If only any of the Bush family or DJT had similar connections?

Comment

If only any of the Bush family or DJT had similar connections?
                  What, like this?

Name:	104395904_728760707872635_7133971348850433990_n.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1566778

Comment

Well in addition to eulogizing a Grand Wizard of the Klan and picking on Corn Pop, apparently his own Klan were slave holders. Will MSM pick up the story #cancel (Joe Robinette Biden).The genealogy is attached in the link.
                    Desperation suits you well...

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

What, like this?

Name:	104395904_728760707872635_7133971348850433990_n.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	1566778
                      The last I checked, he is no relation to DJT or the Bush family. Keep grasping at your “single standard?”

Comment

The last I checked, he is no relation to DJT or the Bush family. Keep grasping at your "single standard?"
                        Ohhhh, you're going for the good ol' Sippenhaftung now. What a shock.

Like tbm3fan said, desperation suits you well.

Hey here's a thought: have you ever considered an intelligent truthful defense of your cult leader and your blind devotion to him?

Or is that asking waaaay too much?

Comment

The last I checked, he is no relation to DJT or the Bush family. Keep grasping at your “single standard?”
                          My great uncles were IRA members back in the 20s in the fight against Britain for Ireland's freedom. So I guess that makes me an IRA terrorist, eh? Or in my case who gives a sh!t what those great uncles did who I never knew. Consequently who gives a sh!t what someone's great great grandfather might have been done 160 years ago and had no influence on the upbringing of their great great grandson?

Then, of course, there is you...

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

My great uncles were IRA members back in the 20s in the fight against Britain for Ireland's freedom. So I guess that makes me an IRA terrorist, eh? Or in my case who gives a sh!t what those great uncles did who I never knew. Consequently who gives a sh!t what someone's great great grandfather might have been done 160 years ago and had no influence on the upbringing of their great great grandson?

So I share further similarity with you. Not only IRA connections but also rebellious coal miners in Nova Scotia.

Last I checked I am still welcome in Ireland, the UK & Canada.
                            “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                            Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

You may end up on the wrong end of the cancel culture... be careful.
                              Lefties are pulling down statues of Teddy Roosevelt now.
                              If a Republican could be tied in anyway to Slavery, the press would pound them into oblivion.

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post

I think that's essentially the GOP strategy now: try to close the point gap to within 4-5, and then with enough shenanigans-- like the post office stuff, questioning of mail-in balloting, lawsuits, etc-- try to force it into either the court system or the House of Representatives.

but, the recent Biden polling is such that if it even kinda-sorta holds, all of this will be meaningless, thank God.

at this point, Biden is holding -consistently- higher leads than Clinton: both because he's more popular AND because Trump is doing considerably worse than in 2016.
                                At this point the Biden leads seem substantial enough to survive any such challenges.

However, that doesn't mean Biden has a sure lock on the Presidency. And I think that's important to note when numerous commenters are saying the only way the GOP wins MUST be because of a rigged election or something similar. That's just not true. A large polling error, which isn't impossible, would be enough to swing the election back to Trump, absent ANY shenanigans. I'm not really able to find the 538 now-cast, but it is not a trivial possibility.

If we're really talking about "democracy on the line" yadda yadda yadda, you're basically talking about rolling a 20-sided dice and having it roll a 20, and then having a large fraction of the country believing that could only happen because the election is rigged.

This is not a healthy message to send.

DE,
                                The Biden strategy to China is going to be a joke, because at this point no adminstration is going to to have a China policy that's going to achieve anything besides continuing concessions. That will not be the fault of Biden, that's just going to be the reality of the situation. It's not going to be dissimilar from North Korea or the Taliban: it's not realistic, given our options, to actually produce an outcome that we like. We're going to have to stomach something we don't like.

Really, we're just trying to mitigate and prevent absolute disasters.
                                "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Working...
                                X