The US 2020 Presidential Election & Attempts To Overturn It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
    5 seconds but you couldn't be bothered to do it yourself.

Don't call me lazy.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Roger Stone Calls For Trump To 'Declare Martial Law' To Seize Power If He Loses

Long-time Donald Trump confidant, and convicted felon, Roger Stone said that the president should declare “martial law” to seize power if he loses what Stone characterized as an already corrupt election.

The results will only be legitimate if the “real winner” — Trump — takes office, regardless of what the votes say, Stone declared. A loss would apparently be justification for Trump to use force to take over the nation.

Stone, who worked as an adviser in the last Trump campaign, made the astonishing statements Thursday on the InfoWars program of far-right conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Both men talked of an ongoing “coup” against Trump, and Stone inexplicably claimed that he predicted “almost three decades ago that this moment would come.”

Stone appeared resigned to a Trump loss — but blamed it on the baseless claim that early voting has already been “corrupted.”

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power
      , Media Matters first reported.

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”

In addition, Stone warned, journalist also risk arrest. “If the Daily Beast is involved in provably seditious ... acts” in a new Trump future, their “entire staff can be taken into custody and their office can be shut down.” “They want to play war, this is war,” he added.

Stone demanded that “the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals” and not counted, claiming with absolutely no evidence that “they are completely corrupted.”

While such off-the-rail suggestions could easily be shrugged off from most, Stone is a high-profile friend of the president and has his ear, critics fear. Harvard law professor and Constitutional expert Laurence Tribe warned that Stone’s “advocacy of totalitarian takeover by Trump has to be taken seriously.”

Former Nixon White House counsel John Dean blasted Stone for calling on Trump to “declare himself America’s dictator” — voicing what “many Republicans crave.”

Stone dodged 40 months in prison thanks to Trump, who commuted his sentence in July. Stone was convicted of seven federal felonies, including lying to Congress and witness tampering in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Jones called Stone “almost a political prisoner.”

“He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        Roger Stone Calls For Trump To 'Declare Martial Law' To Seize Power If He Loses

Long-time Donald Trump confidant, and convicted felon, Roger Stone said that the president should declare “martial law” to seize power if he loses what Stone characterized as an already corrupt election.
        Mr Stone is getting worried about facing justice in Januay.
        Trust me?
        I'm an economist!

Comment

To safeguard Trump’s position, Stone called for federal authorities to seize ballots in Nevada, for FBI agents to physically block certain voters from casting their ballots, and for Trump to use his powers for widespread arrests to solidify his power[/B], Media Matters first reported.

Under martial law and the Insurrection Act, Trump will have “the authority” to arrest Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Apple CEO Tim Cook, “the Clintons” and “anybody else who can be proven to be involved in illegal activity,” Stone said. He also called for the immediate arrest of former defense secretary James Mattis for “sedition,” apparently because he feared Trump was unfit for office, according to Washington Post journalist’s to Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Rage.”
          Come on Roger, don't stop now while you are on a roll. Tell us just how much you love a secret police to arrest enemies of the state?

Comment

• Anyone else notice the sea of face masks behind The Trumpet in his rally today?
            Did someone get a copy of The Darwin Awards 2020 short list?
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
              Anyone else notice the sea of face masks behind The Trumpet in his rally today?
              Did someone get a copy of The Darwin Awards 2020 short list?
              2% of Americans got COVID-19. 0.6% Americans died from COVID-19.

Doesn't seem to be a viable Darwin Awards lisitng.
              Chimo

Comment

The Constitution means what it says. Not that it is evolving nonsense!
                250 years of jurisprudence disagrees with you.
                “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                Mark Twain

Comment

The politicians in the two states that took Bloomberg money and ignored all testimony offered prior to any legislative votes.
                  I know as I witnessed the travesty live in Annapolis. Facts be damned we are voting the way Bloomberg wants, to get his cash.
                  Seriously you need to brush up on some history:https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Nati...le_Association

Comparing the little Soda Tyrant to an organization steeped in tradition is absurd.
                  1. Your know, and stick with me on this, MAYBE those politicians who accepted those campaign contributions ran on those as part of their platforms and that is how they voted once they got elected/reelected. Just like the Republicans who ran against those views and lost the election.

2. I am well aware of the NRA and what is does. I joined in the 1970s when I was dating the daughter of one of the vice presidents. Was a member until LaPierre and crew wrecked it.
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• I agree Wayne needs to go! I knew something smelled of an unhosed (Dirty) work boat when Oliver North left.
                    I remain a life member, but I love mailing in those self addressed postage paid envelopes back to them telling them the need to send Wayne packing! Just like in politics, some get way to comfortable in their positions.
                    Last edited by surfgun; 14 Sep 20,, 16:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by WABs_OOE View Post
                      2% of Americans got COVID-19. 0.6% Americans died from COVID-19.

Doesn't seem to be a viable Darwin Awards lisitng.
                      Sir,
                      The Darwin Awad is for people who improve the gene pool by removing themselves from it in the stupidest, most easily avoidable way. Volume has nothing to do with it, just a lack of common sense.

For example, building and dying in a jet-powered car, when the awardee hasn’t a clue what happens to auto brakes when they are applied strongly at hundreds of miles an hour, or what happens when said automobile is applied to an immovable object (cliff face) when the brakes melt away.
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

The Constitution means what it says. Not that it is evolving nonsense!
                        "I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post

- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.
                          Wtf would he know about....oh, right.

Comment

Wtf would he know about....oh, right.
                            He's part of the DeEp StATe! #draintheswamp

Comment

• If the Constitution is to be changed one needs a Constitutional Convention with ratification by the States! Not willy nilly shenanigans.

Comment

If the Constitution is to be changed one needs a Constitutional Convention with ratification by the States! Not willy nilly shenanigans.
                                We can start with that phony Emoluments Clause. "Emoluments" You ever hear of the word? Nobody ever heard of it before.

Comment

Working...
                                X