• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And here is a story about old George.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-reform-227519

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
      So what is your point here?

The majority of the population of Maryland & Virginia voted in state governments which supported increased gun legislation. Doesn't matter where those population centers are. The majority was voted in. And in Virginia it has been growing more and more over the last decade as more people move here. They want common sense gun laws.

The Democrats in Virginia ran on local policies and issues. Hell, one of the most conservative legislators in the country in Prince William Country lost to a trans woman because she concentrated on fixing traffic issues on Route 29. That is how Democrats won in Virginia.

The same was what was done in Maryland....and they elected a Republican governor who agrees with most of their views.

Oh, and in your stories....yeah, Bloomberg gave money...but so did the NRA. So explain why NRA money is okay and Bloomberg's money is not?

“Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• The politicians in the two states that took Bloomberg money and ignored all testimony offered prior to any legislative votes.
        I know as I witnessed the travesty live in Annapolis. Facts be damned we are voting the way Bloomberg wants, to get his cash.
        Seriously you need to brush up on some history:https://military.wikia.org/wiki/Nati...le_Association

Comparing the little Soda Tyrant to an organization steeped in tradition is absurd.
        Last edited by surfgun; 12 Sep 20,, 16:32.

Comment

• sounds to me like you're for campaign finance reform, surfgun.

why do you want to restrict the freedom of speech by Americans? :-)
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

So what is your point here?

The majority of the population of Maryland & Virginia voted in state governments which supported increased gun legislation. Doesn't matter where those population centers are. The majority was voted in. And in Virginia it has been growing more and more over the last decade as more people move here. They want common sense gun laws.

The Democrats in Virginia ran on local policies and issues. Hell, one of the most conservative legislators in the country in Prince William Country lost to a trans woman because she concentrated on fixing traffic issues on Route 29. That is how Democrats won in Virginia.

The same was what was done in Maryland....and they elected a Republican governor who agrees with most of their views.

Oh, and in your stories....yeah, Bloomberg gave money...but so did the NRA. So explain why NRA money is okay and Bloomberg's money is not?
            Dad Gum Voters!
            Trust me?
            I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post

Dad Gum Voters!
              More like politicians for sale (selling out essential American ideals) to the highest bidder.

Comment

• yes, I look forward to your rant against the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson, then.
                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                  yes, I look forward to your rant against the Koch brothers and Sheldon Adelson, then.
                  I have no love for the Koch Brothers. I have no idea who Sheldon is.

Comment

More like politicians for sale (selling out essential American ideals) to the highest bidder.
                    SOLD, to the man (or woman) receiving the most votes!
                    Trust me?
                    I'm an economist!

Comment

LMAO! So what essential American Ideals does Trump represent? ROFLMAO! This one is a winner...

Comment

• The Constitution means what it says. Not that it is evolving nonsense!

Comment

• surfgun,

I have no love for the Koch Brothers. I have no idea who Sheldon is.
                          that just means you really have no idea the differences between left-wing and right-wing billionaire funding.

The Constitution means what it says. Not that it is evolving nonsense!
                          the guy who constantly talks about getting rid of term limits for himself is the protector of the originalist Constitution....lol.

Comment

• What next?
                            Saying that Congress doesn’t have the power of the purse, or to declare war?
                            Trust me?
                            I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                              surfgun,

that just means you really have no idea the differences between left-wing and right-wing billionaire funding.

the guy who constantly talks about getting rid of term limits for himself is the protector of the originalist Constitution....lol.
                              He kids, he kids! Damn, get a sense of humor!

Comment

He kids, he kids! Damn, get a sense of humor!
                                "We are going to win four more years in the White House and then after that we'll negotiate, right, because we're probably, based on the way we were treated, we're probably entitled to another four after that"

Also Trump:

Click image for larger version

Name:	qafko5nqjf1hy3bn_1592976263.jpeg?tr=w-1242,h-710,f-jpeg.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1565821

And of course Trump followers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Q0AGa07.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1565822
                                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                                X