X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by astralis View Post
    PA was a major swing state in 2016. you can argue credibly that PA is purple.
    Ah, i see how you define purple there. Blue state but still went with Trump hence purple.

By this definition CA is not purple.

the shock for the Clinton campaign was not PA going for Trump, but Wisconsin.
    Back in May there were these facebook groups that started up to lobby for an end to the lockdown.

Guess which state's facebook page had the most members in like a week after it started.

Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    In an era of trillion dollar stimulus plans does fiscal conservatism even resonate any more ?

Joe Biden's 7 deadly economic sins: Stephen Moore | Fox (op-ed) | Oct 21 2020

I see a $400 bn bailout for badly managed states. Which ones are those ?

All blue. California, Illinois, New Jersey and New York. Two more were mentioned as well. Oregon & Washington

Yay!

When you screw up your state blame the centre and get some political mileage out of it.

Great plan, works in my country too

The Cost of Bidenomics | WSJ (edit) | Oct 18 2020

Who's listening.

TRUMP's THE DISEASE. BIDEN'S THE CURE. IF YOU'RE BROKE, BIDEN WILL HELP YOU.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 27 Oct 20,, 02:10.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Russia & Kim might want him but China & Iran want Biden

Interesting split among those four right there.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Trump Admits China, Russia, North Korea Are Rooting for Him to Beat Biden

President Trump, as a way of deflecting attention from his ongoing collusion with Russia, has been claiming for months that the Chinese government wants Joe Biden to win (possibly true) and is actively working to advance his election (almost certainly false). He has also been claiming that Biden is barely able to function (obviously untrue.) At a rally today, the two claims collided in an unfortunate way.

Trump launched a riff about how various dictators all don’t want Biden to win because he is too sleepy.

“The only thing I can tell you for sure: President Xi from China, President Putin from Russia, Kim Jong-un, North Korea, and I could name 40 others, they’re sharp as a tack. They don’t want to deal with Sleepy Joe,” he said. “One of them said to me, one of the leaders said, ‘We don’t want to deal with somebody that sleeps all the time.’”

Here is a case where Trump has forgotten the difference between the way he thinks about various dictators and the way his audience does. Trump regards Xi, Putin, and Kim with admiration. He envies their dictatorial powers, and glories in the flattery they lavish on him. Trump has already won the open endorsement of many of the right-wing authoritarian nationalists with whom his is increasingly allied: Bolsonaro, Orban, Duterte, and Putin. In Trump’s mind, the idea that they prefer him over Biden is a strong argument for his own reelection.

That is not, however, the line he is trying to sell the public.
    ________

Dumbass can't even keep his fantasies consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    OK, his total approve is 52% as of Oct 26

Has he peaked too early or can he add more until election day.

The first two months of his presidency show him in the mid to high fifties.

His highest rating since was 53% total approve.

He's close and in the right ball park

Leave a comment:

• surfgun
    replied
    Don’t forget to take your prescriptions!

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by surfgun View Post
    So Bigfella, has got a case of diarrhea? Such dribble.
    Beating of 10 yr old girls!? Seriously, WTF!
    Oh were you under the mistaken impression that there's even a shred of morality in Cult45?

As you said: Seriously, WTF!

Remember what your cult leader said (and argued all the way up to the Supreme Court):

"You know what else they say about my people? The polls, they say I have the most loyal people. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters, okay? It’s like incredible"

So yeah, beating a 10 year old girl probably wouldn't faze them.

That's the cult that you belong to surfgun. Just fucking own it for once.

Leave a comment:

• surfgun
    replied
    So Bigfella, has got a case of diarrhea? Such dribble.
    Beating of 10 yr old girls!? Seriously, WTF!
    Last edited by surfgun; 26 Oct 20,, 23:18.

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Let's face it, if there's even a shadow of a doubt about the outcome of the election, the number will be ZERO. They've already sacrificed their souls to Trump. There's no going back now.
    I often wonder what would happen if any given GOP member of Congress or Trump supporter happened across Trump violently beating a 10 year old black girl. Based on current behaviour I reckon no more than 20% try to stop him, while the rest decide whether or not to just pretend they didn't see it or work out why it is OK for Trump to do it.

That 20% might bump up above 30% if the girl is white. The complete & utter amorality I see on display daily from Trump supportes & apologists is genuinely nauseating. GOP elected officials largely personify this. They are divided between being the party of Trump & the party of Lindsay Graham - Profiles in Cowardice.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    More than 57 million Americans have already voted, suggesting a huge voter turnout for 2020. But it's not clear who that would favor.

More than 57 million Americans have already voted with more than a week to go.

The data comes from the US Elections Project which is run by Dr. Michael P. McDonald, a political science professor at the University of Florida.

It says that the number of votes cast already is already 41.7% of the total votes cast in 2016.

According to the Guardian, McDonald projects from those numbers that the total turnout in 2020 will be 65%. That level of participation would be the highest since 1908.

However — what a surge in turnout could mean for the end result is not obvious.

In a recent analysis, McDonald argued that the early voting trends favor Democratic nominee Joe Biden, because his campaign can stop spending resources on supporters who already turn out, and focus on those who are yet to vote.

The Trump campaign, he argued, is at a disadvantage because it still has many more potential voters to absorb its attention.

However, it is impossible to know how meaningful that difference will prove. Past analyses of the impact of increased turnout suggested that it could go either way.

New York Magazine this week suggested that increased turnout would likely strongly favor Biden it it helps younger voters get to the polls.

Citing a new poll from Axios and SurveyMonkey-Tableau, it noted that voters under 35 in all but five states — and every swing state — favor Biden over Trump.

However, the New York Times earlier this year noted that white working-class supporters — most of whom favor Trump — have also historically not voted in high numbers.

If more of those voters make it to the polls — especially in target areas like Pennsylvania — it could help the Republicans most.

Most current number as of 4:00pm EST is 62,014,329, or 45% of the 2016 turnout.

The website cited is a fantastic resource

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by astralis View Post
    "as many as 10" -- that's pathetic.

during Watergate, there were 42 GOP Senators; after the smoking gun tape came out, Goldwater told Nixon that there were maybe 15 Senators who'd acquit him.
    Let's face it, if there's even a shadow of a doubt about the outcome of the election, the number will be ZERO. They've already sacrificed their souls to Trump. There's no going back now.

Leave a comment:

• astralis
    replied
    "as many as 10" -- that's pathetic.

during Watergate, there were 42 GOP Senators; after the smoking gun tape came out, Goldwater told Nixon that there were maybe 15 Senators who'd acquit him.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

I wonder who the Barry Goldwater, Hugh Scott and John Rhodes will be...
    Great question. I assume it'll be McConnell, Thune and Grassley.

Assuming the landslide is big enough and early enough of course.

Pretty sure it was McConnell that told Trump that using his Doral resort for the G7 meeting would be a bridge too far...even for the GOP.

Leave a comment:

• Albany Rifles
    replied
    Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
    [SIZE=16px]______________

A clear cut landslide on November 3rd is the only way that this won't turn into an utter shit show.

Sure would be nice if these "terribly concerned" Republicans had acted months or years ago to curb Trump's illegality.
    I wonder who the Barry Goldwater, Hugh Scott and John Rhodes will be...

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Carl Bernstein Says GOP Senators Weighing Action If Trump Won't Step Down
    Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein said Sunday that a handful of Republican senators are beginning to discuss what they’ll do President Donald Trump refuses to leave office if he’s defeated in the election.

Trump has refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses, and has repeatedly tried to undermine the integrity of the electoral process by claiming the only way he can lose is if the vote is rigged.

As many as 10 GOP senators are “talking with each other about how to restrain what they regard as an out-of-control” president who is “determined to do anything to hold on to office regardless of its legality.” Bernstein told CNN’s Ana Cabrera without naming anyone involved.

They are “terribly, terribly concerned about what they regard as the president’s unconstitutional and unthinkable acts to undermine the electoral process,” Bernstein added, calling Trump’s aggressive grip on power a “scorched earth” strategy.

“I think he’s been very strenuous about telling people around him that he intends to use every tool at his command to see that there is no way that the Democrats and Joe Biden can win this election,” Bernstein said. “The only way would be a landslide that would be...undeniable.”

He is “setting up an apparatus and a methodology in which he intends to prolong the count, to make it impossible, perhaps, for the Electoral College, when it’s supposed to meet, to reach a majority. That’s part of his strategy,” Bernstein added.

Former national security adviser John Bolton told Jake Tapper on CNN last week that Republicans will have to act to eject the president if he refuses to leave the White House.

“I think it’s very troubling [that Trump] has said, ‘I can’t lose unless there’s fraud,’” Bolton said. “Of course he can lose in an honest election.”

Bolton warned: “Let’s be clear: Trump will not leave graciously if he loses. Whether he carries it to the extreme, I don’t think we know.”

Republicans, Tapper noted, haven’t exactly been “profiles in courage” in response to Trump’s outrageous conduct.

A clear cut landslide on November 3rd is the only way that this won't turn into an utter shit show.

Sure would be nice if these "terribly concerned" Republicans had acted months or years ago to curb Trump's illegality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X