Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US 2020 Presidential Election

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mihais View Post
    1.You,TH,DOR,Asty,right here,right on these pages.And on related threads.

    2.Most of the media,most of the academia,every Dem voter,quite a good deal of the corporations dealing in social media,on top of my head.
    3.He still got 50% for his agenda in 2016.That gives him 100 millions.If he gets elected in 2020,again is 100+ millions.
    4.Are you playing stupid?You don’t call people racists and fascists and expect anyone to think you consider those folks anything but evil worthy of annihilation.
    Racist? Evil.
    Misogynist? Evil.
    In favor of voter suppression? Evil.
    Colluding with foreign powers against American national interest? Evil, evil, evil!
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

    Comment


    • 'Most Deranged I’ve Ever Seen': Critics Rip Trump's 'Desperate' Attack On Biden

      President Donald Trump is facing heat for his ugly attack on Democrat Joe Biden’s religious faith.

      Although Biden is a practicing Catholic who has for years talked openly about his faith, Trump claimed he was “against God,” then launched into a rambling attack on Thursday:

      “Take away your guns, destroy your Second Amendment. No religion, no anything. Hurt the Bible. Hurt God. He’s against God. He’s against guns. He’s against energy. Our kind of energy.”

      Biden later defended his faith as the “bedrock foundation” of his life.

      “It’s provided me comfort in moments of loss and tragedy, it’s kept me grounded and humbled in times of triumph and joy,” he said. He described Trump as “shameful” for the attack.

      “It’s beneath the office he holds and it’s beneath the dignity the American people so rightly expect and deserve from their leaders,” Biden said.

      He added: “My faith teaches me to love my neighbor as I would myself while President Trump only seeks to divide us. My faith teaches me to care for the least among us while President Trump seems to only be concerned about his gilded friends. My faith teaches me to welcome the stranger while President Trump tears families apart. My faith teaches me to walk humbly while President Trump teargassed peaceful protestors so he could walk over to a church for a photo op.”
      _____________

      This is what Donald Trump has been reduced to.

      As one Twitter reply said:

      To recap the president’s campaign themes:

      1. Joe Biden is very weak and feeble and hiding in his basement

      2. Joe Biden is so powerful he will hurt an omnipotent deity and somehow hurt a holy book as well

      3. Joe Biden is the candidate who has serious cognitive problems
      TwentyFiveFortyFive

      Comment


      • Anyone care to give odds that Trump or one of his surrogates goes after Biden's dead wife and/or children before this is done? Not like we are dealing with people who have a shred of morality or decency here.
        sigpic

        Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
          Anyone care to give odds that Trump or one of his surrogates goes after Biden's dead wife and/or children before this is done? Not like we are dealing with people who have a shred of morality or decency here.
          Oh absolutely they will. Donald Trump and his surrogates are, to quote General Corman: "without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct."

          Furthermore Trump's followers literally do not give single shit that Donald Trump has repeatedly given his best wishes to a monster like Ghislaine Maxwell.

          Of course, given that Donald Trump is himself a serial sex predator, I'm not surprised that he did so. Kindred spirits have always had warm feelings for each other.

          But at least he's an anti-lefty.
          TwentyFiveFortyFive

          Comment


          • In other centuries and on the other side of the planet,people talk of hundreds of cities affected by riots.Which,according to dems were carried out by....drums rolling...white supremacists.
            As for Maxwell,I’m quite sure she has very interesting things to say.
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
              The Reich-wing, as in the Alt-Right. The ones that are literally flying Nazi flags. Odd that you would assume that I'm referring to everyone right-of-center, which would include myself. To be clear, and for the record, I was referring to people like this:
              [ATTACH]48906[/ATTACH]
              Other than Richard Spencer, I don't even know who these guys are. The number of Nazis or anything close to Nazis is a vanishngly small segment of the population, well below the number of Americans who believe that the world is secretly run by a group of lizardpeople or the number of Americans who think Obama is the anti-christ and still voted for Obama.

              "Alt-Right" encompasses a huge swathe of people, most of whom are not Nazis and are not comfortable with Nazis, which is why most of them weren't at the single protest that couldn't fill a Texas high school football stadium. Even a cursory glance shows that this "Nick Funtes" character spends a non-substantial time amount of time arguing with Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro. Folks like Steve Bannon are almost always lumped in with this group, even though Bannon ain't a freaking Nazi.

              It took all of...what, a few hours and maybe a day for multiple posters to expand this group of maybe a few thousand activists to a quarter of the country? A basket of deplorables, no doubt.

              Center-right? Okay, maybe. I don't know what you are, besides maniacally focused on bashing Trump. I don't like Trump either. Neither do most of the people I know who are center-right. But the issue with Epstein involves probably THOUSANDS of the national elite, many of whom probably deserve the guillotine. To you? Epstein is not even mentioned: just pure focus on a comment Trump made about Maxwell.

              Most of the center-right I know have PLENTY of criticism for the GOP and Trump. They even vote for Democrats! Many even voted for Hillary and Biden! But they aren't singularly focused on bashing Trump.
              "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                Other than Richard Spencer, I don't even know who these guys are. The number of Nazis or anything close to Nazis is a vanishngly small segment of the population, well below the number of Americans who believe that the world is secretly run by a group of lizardpeople or the number of Americans who think Obama is the anti-christ and still voted for Obama.

                "Alt-Right" encompasses a huge swathe of people, most of whom are not Nazis and are not comfortable with Nazis, which is why most of them weren't at the single protest that couldn't fill a Texas high school football stadium. Even a cursory glance shows that this "Nick Funtes" character spends a non-substantial time amount of time arguing with Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro. Folks like Steve Bannon are almost always lumped in with this group, even though Bannon ain't a freaking Nazi.

                It took all of...what, a few hours and maybe a day for multiple posters to expand this group of maybe a few thousand activists to a quarter of the country? A basket of deplorables, no doubt.

                Center-right? Okay, maybe. I don't know what you are, besides maniacally focused on bashing Trump. I don't like Trump either. Neither do most of the people I know who are center-right. But the issue with Epstein involves probably THOUSANDS of the national elite, many of whom probably deserve the guillotine. To you? Epstein is not even mentioned: just pure focus on a comment Trump made about Maxwell.

                Most of the center-right I know have PLENTY of criticism for the GOP and Trump. They even vote for Democrats! Many even voted for Hillary and Biden! But they aren't singularly focused on bashing Trump.
                Nah, there’s plenty of Nazis in America. Most of them would cringe at the term, but on an individual basis, they’d pass the sniff test.
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DOR View Post
                  Nah, there’s plenty of Nazis in America. Most of them would cringe at the term, but on an individual basis, they’d pass the sniff test.
                  There are plenty of racists in America, and there are plenty of people who are WAY too comfortable with authoritarianism for my taste, but there's not many people who are going to sign on board for death camps. At least not yet. I do not know what Americans 2 generations from now will think. I suspect Brazil is more likely than anything, and if we are unlucky, an Argentine style military dictatorship.
                  "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                    Other than Richard Spencer, I don't even know who these guys are. The number of Nazis or anything close to Nazis is a vanishngly small segment of the population, well below the number of Americans who believe that the world is secretly run by a group of lizardpeople or the number of Americans who think Obama is the anti-christ and still voted for Obama.

                    "Alt-Right" encompasses a huge swathe of people, most of whom are not Nazis and are not comfortable with Nazis, which is why most of them weren't at the single protest that couldn't fill a Texas high school football stadium. Even a cursory glance shows that this "Nick Funtes" character spends a non-substantial time amount of time arguing with Charlie Kirk and Ben Shapiro. Folks like Steve Bannon are almost always lumped in with this group, even though Bannon ain't a freaking Nazi.

                    It took all of...what, a few hours and maybe a day for multiple posters to expand this group of maybe a few thousand activists to a quarter of the country? A basket of deplorables, no doubt.

                    Center-right? Okay, maybe. I don't know what you are, besides maniacally focused on bashing Trump. I don't like Trump either. Neither do most of the people I know who are center-right. But the issue with Epstein involves probably THOUSANDS of the national elite, many of whom probably deserve the guillotine. To you? Epstein is not even mentioned: just pure focus on a comment Trump made about Maxwell.

                    Most of the center-right I know have PLENTY of criticism for the GOP and Trump. They even vote for Democrats! Many even voted for Hillary and Biden! But they aren't singularly focused on bashing Trump.
                    GV: The point is that the term "Reich-Wing" does not refer to everyone right-of-center as you inferred.

                    The top 3 Google searches show what Reich-Wing means and who it refers to:

                    Originally posted by The Urban Dictionary
                    Reich-wing (Reich-winger): A pejorative noun or adjective.

                    1: A political ideology with extremely radical, distorted, &/or illogical views further to the right of the political spectrum than main-stream conservatives. Or main-stream conservative ideas expressed in consistently hostile, deceptive or belligerent manner.

                    2: A person frequently engaging in outright propaganda, lies, and hate speech to promote those ideas. Skilled at using proven propaganda techniques and tactics that were artfully developed and practiced by members of Hitler's Third Reich. These tactics include but are not limited to: repeating proven, demonstrated, &/or obvious lies (Big Lie), never acknowledging errors and belittling opponents. Techniques include appealing to racism, bigotry, xenophobia, homophobia, and misogyny; ridiculing physical traits of opponents, and personally insulting opponents.

                    3: A group of people who express those views and opinions.

                    It is a particularly useful term to cause people hearing or reading it to unconsciously associate those engaging in such tactics with the Nazi regime.
                    Originally posted by Wiktionary
                    Blend of Reich +‎ right-wing, with the intent being to convey the view that the political right shares qualities with the Third Reich, being extreme, fascistic, etc.
                    Originally posted by The Online Slang Dictionary
                    politically far-right, and exhibiting Nazi-like tendencies such as fascism and white nationalism
                    About the only one that comes close is the Wiktionary entry.

                    Regarding the "alt-right", Richard Spencer "coined the term in 2010 in reference to a movement centered on white nationalism"

                    The 'alt-right' or 'alternative right' is a name currently embraced by some white supremacists and white nationalists to refer to themselves and their ideology, which emphasizes preserving and protecting the white race in the United States in addition to, or over, other traditional conservative positions such as limited government, low taxes and strict law-and-order. The movement has been described as a mix of racism, white nationalism and populism ... criticizes 'multiculturalism' and more rights for non-whites, women, Jews, Muslims, gays, immigrants and other minorities. Its members reject the American democratic ideal that all should have equality under the law regardless of creed, gender, ethnic origin or race.
                    —The Associated Press
                    I'm trying to wrap my head around why in the blue hell you're trying to explain them away as being anything but what they clearly are.
                    TwentyFiveFortyFive

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                      Center-right? Okay, maybe. I don't know what you are, besides maniacally focused on bashing Trump. I don't like Trump either. Neither do most of the people I know who are center-right. But the issue with Epstein involves probably THOUSANDS of the national elite, many of whom probably deserve the guillotine. To you? Epstein is not even mentioned: just pure focus on a comment Trump made about Maxwell.

                      Most of the center-right I know have PLENTY of criticism for the GOP and Trump. They even vote for Democrats! Many even voted for Hillary and Biden! But they aren't singularly focused on bashing Trump.
                      I'm a center-right independent, probably what's known as a "classical liberal", but now known as libertarian.

                      Maniacally focused on Trump? Have you been paying any attention to what he's been doing for the past 4 years? Especially the last 6-7 months?

                      "A comment Trump made about Maxwell". A "comment"? Are you fucking KIDDING me?

                      "Maniacally focused" JFC....
                      TwentyFiveFortyFive

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                        There are plenty of racists in America, and there are plenty of people who are WAY too comfortable with authoritarianism for my taste, but there's not many people who are going to sign on board for death camps. At least not yet. I do not know what Americans 2 generations from now will think. I suspect Brazil is more likely than anything, and if we are unlucky, an Argentine style military dictatorship.

                        Even the majority of Germans did not sign up for death camps or gas chambers, which is why the Nazi elite planned the holocaust in secret, destroyed evidence and covered their tracks and denied everything after the war, and spun lies and conspiracies about what happened. So the Germans were able to pretend after the war that the 'real' criminals were an extremely small number of people.

                        I still think that given the right circumstances, about 25%-30% of the people (in many democracies), would enthusiastically back a semi-fascist, authoritarian Government. Not a Nazi regime, simply a run of the mill right wing government that oppresses political opponents to stay in power indefinitely, and carries out a variety of right wing policies that appeal to them on economic and cultural issues.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by InExile View Post
                          Even the majority of Germans did not sign up for death camps or gas chambers, which is why the Nazi elite planned the holocaust in secret, destroyed evidence and covered their tracks and denied everything after the war, and spun lies and conspiracies about what happened. So the Germans were able to pretend after the war that the 'real' criminals were an extremely small number of people.

                          I still think that given the right circumstances, about 25%-30% of the people (in many democracies), would enthusiastically back a semi-fascist, authoritarian Government. Not a Nazi regime, simply a run of the mill right wing government that oppresses political opponents to stay in power indefinitely, and carries out a variety of right wing policies that appeal to them on economic and cultural issues.
                          ^^^ What he said

                          And right now we've got an authoritarian assclown in the Oval Office, aided and abetted by the Republican Party, doing everything he can to completely fuck up this election to save his own worthless hide.
                          TwentyFiveFortyFive

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                            There are plenty of racists in America, and there are plenty of people who are WAY too comfortable with authoritarianism for my taste, but there's not many people who are going to sign on board for death camps. At least not yet. I do not know what Americans 2 generations from now will think. I suspect Brazil is more likely than anything, and if we are unlucky, an Argentine style military dictatorship.
                            So, Nazis, but not Hitlarian Nazis.
                            Works for me.
                            Trust me?
                            I'm an economist!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
                              I suspect Brazil is more likely than anything, and if we are unlucky, an Argentine style military dictatorship.
                              No. HELL no. Not in this country. The apolitical beliefs of the vast majority of uniformed personnel is a bedrock foundation of our republic going all the way to Newburgh. Yes, we have our one offs like McClellan, Macarthur & Flynn (must be an Irish thing) but we as a military will not go down that road and will not allow it.

                              You are more likely to see a DHS action in this mode and then you'll see a DHS vs DOD.

                              And we better bust our asses to keep that horror show from ever happening.

                              The idea that it can just be cavalierly thrown out is troubling in itself.
                              “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                              Mark Twain

                              Comment


                              • Kamala Harris is Biden's VP pick. So, the battle lines are drawn and the armies are assembled.

                                Unless of course Trump throws Pence under the bus and picks Nikki Haley as his new VP.
                                TwentyFiveFortyFive

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X