The US 2020 Presidential Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

We're going to file that claim under the same "BULLSHIT" label as your absurd claim that "Biden's disinformation agency has powers of arrest"
    I'm surprised the black helos weren't mention as they are a very common thought also. Maybe it was black helos that airlifted those people to legally protest, on a public street, in front of someone's house. Wasn't it a couple of years back, 2017 I believe, where a couple of hundred people protested outside Sen. Diane Feinstein's house in San Francisco.

Did he get all self righteous about that episode?

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

I'm surprised the black helos weren't mention as they are a very common thought also. Maybe it was black helos that airlifted those people to legally protest, on a public street, in front of someone's house. Wasn't it a couple of years back, 2017 I believe, where a couple of hundred people protested outside Sen. Diane Feinstein's house in San Francisco.

Did he get all self righteous about that episode?
      That was different. It was Dianne Feinstein's house.
      Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

That was different. It was Dianne Feinstein's house.
        Yes, I was being rhetorical as it was too obvious

Comment

We're going to file that claim under the same "BULLSHIT" label as your absurd claim that "Biden's disinformation agency has powers of arrest"
          https://reason.com/volokh/2022/05/06...ing-the-judge/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ters-psaki.amp

BTW, DHS has arrest powers in case you didn't know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
            Once again, you never bothered to actually read your own sources. Huge surprise.

DHS has powers of arrest. This disinformation committee is advisory only. In your paranoid view and pretzel logic, this means the committee has powers of arrest.
            Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

• No, I stated the truth, DHS has powers of arrest and subpeona. You really should stop adding your thoughts to my words and then accusing me of your thoughts.

Comment

No, I stated the truth, DHS has powers of arrest and subpeona. You really should stop adding your thoughts to my words and then accusing me of your thoughts.
                My thoughts? No, once again, these are your words.

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Who just put a ministry of truth into an executive agency with arrest and suboeoana powers?
                But let me guess, you actually weren't directly implying that Biden's "ministry of truth" by default also has the power arrest and subpoena of its parent agency, is that correct?

If that is correct, then I'll immediately apologize to you, I have absolutely no problem acknowledging when I'm wrong.

Comment

• In to an executive agency.... IN TO....

Sorry but it's not DHS' job to determine what speech is or is not allowed.advisory or not it directly runs afoul of the 1A and is likely to have a chilling effect especially given the admins previous comments about working with tech companies to censor speech the admin doesn't like.

Comment

In to an executive agency.... IN TO....

Sorry but it's not DHS' job to determine what speech is or is not allowed.advisory or not it directly runs afoul of the 1A and is likely to have a chilling effect especially given the admins previous comments about working with tech companies to censor speech the admin doesn't like.
                    Yeah, in to. I caught that. So my question stands: Were you directly implying that Biden's "ministry of truth" by default also has the power arrest and subpoena of its parent agency?

If not, then I'll apologize for putting words in your mouth. I have no problem doing so.

Comment

• No not directly.

Comment

No not directly.
                        Just mostly? Somewhat? Seriously, I'm trying to understand what your post truly meant.

Let's put it another way: Are you concerned/worried/predicting that this advisory board will be nothing of the kind, but instead a bird dog for DHS agents to hunt down and arrest people they suspect of being guilty of wrongthink?

Comment

• The MIGB or whatever abc jargon it gets does not have its own armed officers like CBP does. It doesn't really matter though because it's parent organization does. The government at any level should not be passing judgment on truth. That is de facto view point discrimination. The fact that such an entity is housed inside an executive agency with a clear law enforcement/defense mandate makes it doubly bad.

Comment

Just mostly? Somewhat? Seriously, I'm trying to understand what your post truly meant.

Let's put it another way: Are you concerned/worried/predicting that this advisory board will be nothing of the kind, but instead a bird dog for DHS agents to hunt down and arrest people they suspect of being guilty of wrongthink?
                            Close, more like partner with tech to censor speech for wrong think and hide behind, We did it for public safety or for the homeland". The imprimatur of official sanction to violate rights.

Comment

The MIGB or whatever abc jargon it gets does not have its own armed officers like CBP does. It doesn't really matter though because it's parent organization does. The government at any level should not be passing judgment on truth. That is de facto view point discrimination. The fact that such an entity is housed inside an executive agency with a clear law enforcement/defense mandate makes it doubly bad.
                              A further question: In your opinion, how widespread and dangerous is disinformation? What - if anything - should be used to combat it?

Comment

A further question: In your opinion, how widespread and dangerous is disinformation? What - if anything - should be used to combat it?
                                I use the delete button, a lot.
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                                X