No announcement yet.

The US 2020 Presidential Election & Attempts To Overturn It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAN Finally Admits ‘No Widespread Voter Fraud’ After Settling Defamation Suit

The right-wing cable network One America News Network on Monday ran a pre-recorded 30-second segment acknowledging that there was “no widespread voter fraud” by Georgia election workers in the 2020 presidential election. The segment appears to be part of a recent settlement relating to a defamation lawsuit brought against the network by two such workers.

The segment notes that an investigation by state officials into unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud made by ex-President Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani turned up nothing. “The results of this investigation indicate that Ruby Freeman and Wandrea ‘Shaye’ Moss did not engage in ballot fraud or criminal misconduct,” a narrator states.

“A legal matter with this network and the two election workers has been resolved to the mutual satisfaction of the parties through a fair and reasonable settlement,” the voiceover adds.

Freeman and her daughter, Moss, say they were harassed online and in person after baseless rumors began circulating online, due in part to content published by the conspiracy website The Gateway Pundit, which the pair also sued. In January 2021, when Trump pressured Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to try to “find” votes to overturn the state’s election results, he mentioned Freeman’s name 18 times. Freeman was also visited by a publicist for Kanye West, who threatened her in an effort to extract a confession about committing election fraud.

And if that weren’t enough, video of the pair doing their jobs was hyped up by Rudy Giuliani—and Sean Hannity—who falsely claimed that it showed “blatant, clear, obvious” fraud. While speaking to Georgia State House Republicans about the video during a Zoom meeting in December 2020, Giuliani at one point can be heard saying, “We should try to get this on Newsmax and OANN.”

Freeman and Moss sued Giuliani as well, and that case is ongoing.

Just one of many "audits" and "investigations" that came up completely empty handed.

What a fucking surprise....
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• So 1 (aquitted) in 820 is meaningless, but 2 (pleading to conspiracy) is proof.... Dear Lord. Something tells me you'll move the standard again if there is a second aquittal. Oh though I don't know how you missed it, saying people should be charged for the crimes they committed is not sympathy.

Oh and I haven't moved the goal posts. Still taking the position that the DoJ will charge people with the crimes they actually committed.

P.s. attempting to storm the White House and declaring autonomous zones are attempts to overthrow the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
        P.s. attempting to storm the White House and declaring autonomous zones are attempts to overthrow the government.
        As is actively attempting to overthrow the supreme court, both politically and through protest. But that counts for nothing as it's the left doing that.
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Psaki flat out said the Administration supports people violating federal law when it comes to protesting outside judges' homes.

Comment

Psaki flat out said the Administration supports people violating federal law when it comes to protesting outside judges' homes.
            We're going to file that claim under the same "BULLSHIT" label as your absurd claim that "Biden's disinformation agency has powers of arrest"
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

So 1 (aquitted) in 820 is meaningless, but 2 (pleading to conspiracy) is proof.... Dear Lord. Something tells me you'll move the standard again if there is a second aquittal. Oh though I don't know how you missed it, saying people should be charged for the crimes they committed is not sympathy.

Oh and I haven't moved the goal posts. Still taking the position that the DoJ will charge people with the crimes they actually committed.

Meanwhile, in reality, here's what people have been charged with (just the relevant parts of course)

To date, 10 people have been charged with Seditious Conspiracy. 2 of those people immediately pled guilty. 8 more will go to trial.

To date, 174 people have been charged with Obstruction of an Official Proceeding, i.e. the certification of the 2020 General Election, a crime that can mean up to 20 years in prison.

But in your version of reality, they weren't there to overthrow the government. And a single acquittal isn't an outlier, it's a vindication of your co-religionists.

So please, spare me the bullshit about "Still taking the position that the DoJ will charge people with the crimes they actually committed".

Oh and because you still can't read what's actually written, I'll say it again but this time I'll type it more slowly: You have a basic sympathy with what Trump and his mob of criminals attempted to do on that shameful day. Sure you'll make noises about their methods (and of course completely ignore their stated intent) but their end goal? You're all for it. Again, have the balls to actually admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post

As is actively attempting to overthrow the supreme court, both politically and through protest. But that counts for nothing as it's the left doing that.
                I can't figure out if you're just doing your usual trolling or if you're merely displaying your usual shitty knowledge of this country.

The act of leaking a SCOTUS draft brief has happened before.

It wasn't an "attempted overthrow" or even a crime in 1973

It wasn't an "attempted overthrow" or even a crime in 1981

It still isn't an "attempted overthrow" or even a crime in 2022

Protesting outside a judges house is shitty, counterproductive and a tool of the usual Right wing terrorists that planned on kidnapping the Governor of Michigan and were screaming "HANG MIKE PENCE!!" on January 6th and bragging they were going to "Shoot Nancy Pelosi in the head!". (But that counted for nothing as it's the right doing that.)

It's not an attempt to overthrow the SCOTUS.

Of course, you also claimed that I was actively participating in an insurrection and was planning to do so again, so I guess you and Jason share the same shitty grasp of what an insurrection or "overthrow" is and also how to make accusations without citing evidence or sources. So, mystery solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

I can't figure out if you're just doing your usual trolling or if you're merely displaying your usual shitty knowledge of this country.
                  no, just calling your hypocrisy, hyperbolic bullshit and hatred of your countrymen. Todays word is brought to you by the letter H.

Leibniz

Comment

no, just calling your hypocrisy, hyperbolic bullshit and hatred of your countrymen. Todays word is brought to you by the letter H.
                    So, trolling. Yet again. Huge surprise.

Comment

So, trolling. Yet again. Huge surprise.
                      Insurrection: it's ok when you do it

Leibniz

Comment

Insurrection: it's ok when you do it
                        You added nothing of value to the thread, your sole intent to was to cause trouble. That's called trolling.

And you wouldn't happen to be seriously accusing me (again) of insurrection against the United States government, are you?

FYI - That's a Yes or No question.

Comment

We're going to file that claim under the same "BULLSHIT" label as your absurd claim that "Biden's disinformation agency has powers of arrest"
                          I'm surprised the black helos weren't mention as they are a very common thought also. Maybe it was black helos that airlifted those people to legally protest, on a public street, in front of someone's house. Wasn't it a couple of years back, 2017 I believe, where a couple of hundred people protested outside Sen. Diane Feinstein's house in San Francisco.

Did he get all self righteous about that episode?

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post

I'm surprised the black helos weren't mention as they are a very common thought also. Maybe it was black helos that airlifted those people to legally protest, on a public street, in front of someone's house. Wasn't it a couple of years back, 2017 I believe, where a couple of hundred people protested outside Sen. Diane Feinstein's house in San Francisco.

Did he get all self righteous about that episode?
                            That was different. It was Dianne Feinstein's house.

Comment

That was different. It was Dianne Feinstein's house.
                              Yes, I was being rhetorical as it was too obvious

Comment

https://reason.com/volokh/2022/05/06...ing-the-judge/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ters-psaki.amp

BTW, DHS has arrest powers in case you didn't know that.

Comment

Working...
                                X