X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by surfgun View Post
    The link was used for Biden’s own words. Do you believe said video has been tampered with or created out of whole cloth?
    Or do you have no thoughts on the extortion question?
    Were you unable to read the quote from the NYT article I linked?
    Or is "No evidence has surfaced that the former vice president intentionally tried to help his son by pressing for the prosecutor general’s dismissal" too ambiguous for you

Leave a comment:

• surfgun
    replied
    The link was used for Biden’s own words. Do you believe said video has been tampered with or created out of whole cloth?
    Or do you have no thoughts on the extortion question?

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Trump hopes 'they release' his call with Ukraine's president, in which he says he talked about both Joe and Hunter Biden and 'corruption taking place'

While speaking to reporters Sunday morning outside the White House, President Donald Trump said he discussed both former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, in a phone call with Ukraine's president that has become the latest international scandal to plague Trump's administration. Trump said he hopes "they release" the call.

"The conversation I had was largely congratulatory, was largely corruption, all of the corruption taking place," Trump said, per tweets from White House correspondents. "It was largely the fact that we don't want our people, like Vice President Biden and his son creating to [sic] the corruption already in the Ukraine."

Joe Biden has issued a statement asking for Trump's administration to release a transcript of the July 25 call, "so that the American people can judge for themselves." Multiple news outlets reported Friday that Trump pressured President Vladimir Zelensky eight separate times to investigate Hunter Biden on the call.

Trump's call with the Ukrainian president concerns Hunter Biden's business dealings and is likely the subject of a whistleblower complaint about a "promise" made to a foreign government

Previously, Trump declined to answer whether he discussed Joe Biden in the call. At a campaign stop in Iowa on Saturday, Biden said "I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings." Trump told reporters he thought that was a lie.

"I mean give me a break, he's already said he spoke to his son and now he said yesterday very firmly. Who wouldn't speak to your son? Of course you spoke to your son," Trump said.

The president also said he'd have "no problem" with his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, talking to Congress about his interactions with Ukraine. Giuliani reportedly met with top Ukrainian officials to discuss an investigation into Hunter Biden, who served on the board of directors of a Ukranian natural gas company from 2014 to April 2019.

Days after Hunter Biden began his tenure on the board of the natural gas company in Ukraine, then-Vice President Joe Biden traveled to the country and urged the Ukranian government to reduce its dependency on Russia for natural gas, suggesting that the US could provide technical expertise to expand domestic production.

Critics of the diplomatic move said the US was attempting to maneuver open access to the Ukraine's shale gas reserves, and suggested that Hunter Biden's role exhibited a conflict of interest. Also, Joe Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion of loan guarantees if the then-Ukranian General Prosecutor was not fired from his position.

Giuliani has stated that the prosecutor was fired for investigating the company Hunter Biden served on the board of for corruption. Trump espoused that same viewpoint, but reports indicate that the prosecutor was fired due to his failure to pursue corruption investigations.

Trump tweeted a quote from Laura Ingraham's Fox News segment Sunday morning stating that "The real story involves Hunter Biden going around the world and collecting large payments from foreign governments and foreign oligarchs." In the same tweet, he claimed that "Hunter made a fortune in Ukraine and in China. He knew nothing about Energy, or anything else."

The president's call with Ukraine has become a matter of congressional interest, starting with a whistleblower complaint filed to the acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire, who Trump praised to reporters on Sunday, calling him a "great gentleman" who is "only going to do what's right."

Read more: Biden demanded Trump release transcripts of a call where he reportedly badgered Ukraine's leader to investigate his son 8 times

Federal law required Maguire to submit the complaint to Congress within seven days, but Maguire did not comply. His failure to submit prompted the original recipient of the complaint to report his inaction to the Senate and House intelligence committees, which he did in a letter that did not offer details on the complaint's substance.

Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee Adam Schiff has suggested that, in failing to submit the complaint and taking the unusual step to consult with the Justice Department, Maguire was "engaged in an unlawful effort to protect the President and conceal from the Committee information related to his possible 'serious of flagrant' misconduct, abuse of power, or violation of the law."

Starting Thursday, The Washington Post reported that the complaint involved Trump's phone call with Ukraine, and in particular, a "promise" he made. Link

Trump "hopes" they release the call. Translation: That transcript will never see the light of day if Trump has anything to say about it.

Trump would have "no problem" with Giuliani talking to Congress about his interactions with Ukraine. Translation: Same deal. Rudy will talk to Congress over Trump's dead body.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Tophatter, any thoughts on Joe as VP extorting Ukraine?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF9My1vBP4 In Joe’s own words.
    RT? Really? Wow...Russian propaganda channel is the best you can do. Not really surprising though.

My thoughts are, it looks like RT is doing its usual job supporting Trump.

No evidence has surfaced that the former vice president intentionally tried to help his son by pressing for the prosecutor general’s dismissal. Some of his former associates, moreover, said Mr. Biden never did anything to deter other Obama administration officials who were pushing for the United States to support criminal investigations by Ukrainian and British authorities — and potentially to start its own investigation — into Burisma and its owner, Mykola Zlochevsky, for possible money laundering and abuse of office.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/u...?module=inline

Leave a comment:

• surfgun
    replied
    Tophatter, any thoughts on Joe as VP extorting Ukraine?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KCF9My1vBP4 In Joe’s own words.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Probably. He's also showing signs of cognitive slippage, although not nearly as badly as Trump.
    Not like it matters, none of the Dem candidates have a chance in hell come 2020.

But, of course that's not nearly as interesting as Trump blackmailing a foreign leader to investigate a political rival in exchange for military aid.

Trump says he didn't, which means he absolutely did.

And of course there's the other senile old fool, Giuliani, who's kept a low profile lately, only to pop up again on CNN and remind us all that Trump hires only the "best" people.
    This time he lied through his teeth (as usual) about Ukraine and then immediately confessed that he was indeed lying.

This "administration" continuously reaches for new lows and manages to succeed.

Leave a comment:

• surfgun
    replied
    Is the Biden campaign going onto the rocks?
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ton-nunes-says

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...VsX?li=BBnba9I

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    'He's losing his s---': Trump's advisers are increasingly worried about his mental state following days of erratic behavior.

• "No one knows what to expect from him anymore," one former White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations about the president, told Insider. "His mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet, and the next thing you know his entire schedule gets tossed out the window because he's losing his s---."
    • Trump has spent the past several days fixated on his false claim that Alabama was going to be hit by Hurricane Dorian. He has also taken time to lob attacks at his perceived enemies, like the actress Debra Messing, former FBI Director James Comey, and the "LameStream media."
    • "He's deteriorating in plain sight," one Republican strategist who is in frequent contact with the White House told Insider on Friday.
    • But one person who was close to Trump's legal team during the Russia investigation told Insider his public statements were "nothing compared to what he's like behind closed doors."
    • "He's like a bull seeing red," this person added. "There's just no getting through to him, and you can kiss your plans for the day goodbye because you're basically stuck looking after a 4-year-old now."

President Donald Trump's aides and confidants are growing more and more concerned about his mental state after days of erratic behavior, wild outbursts, and bizarre fixations.

"No one knows what to expect from him anymore," one former White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal conversations about the president, told Insider. "His mood changes from one minute to the next based on some headline or tweet, and the next thing you know his entire schedule gets tossed out the window because he's losing his s---."

The president's advisers are particularly worried about his stubborn refusal to acknowledge that a tweet he sent over the weekend claiming that Alabama was going to be hit by Hurricane Dorian was false. They believe that his frustration is compounded by stress about the 2020 election and the economy's recent downturn.

"People are used to the president saying things that aren't true, but this Alabama stuff is another story," the former official said. "This was the president sending out patently false information about a national-emergency situation as it was unfolding."

Trump's latest outbursts on the matter came Friday as he railed against the media for fact-checking him on the claim.

"The Fake News Media was fixated on the fact that I properly said, at the beginnings of Hurricane Dorian, that in addition to Florida & other states, Alabama may also be grazed or hit," he tweeted. "They went Crazy, hoping against hope that I made a mistake (which I didn't). Check out maps."

Trump went on to complain that "this nonsense has never happened to another President. Four days of corrupt reporting, still without an apology. But there are many things that the Fake News Media has not apologized to me for, like the Witch Hunt, or SpyGate! The LameStream Media and their Democrat ... partner should start playing it straight. It would be so much better for our Country!"

Later Friday, the president posted a misleading video that included a CNN clip from Wednesday, August 28, in which a reporter discussed how the hurricane was threatening several US states, including Alabama. The video then played the reporter saying "Alabama" on loop, cut to a clip of Trump nodding, and then to a doctored clip of CNN's logo superimposed onto a moving truck which careened off the road and caught fire.

But Trump's first tweet about Alabama being in Hurricane Dorian's path came on Saturday, by which time weather forecasters had determined that it was not going to be hit.

'He's deteriorating in plain sight'
    As of Friday evening, Trump had posted 13 tweets and five maps about Alabama and the storm to try to prove his original tweet was correct, despite the fact that he'd been publicly rebuked by the National Weather Service. He also showed reporters an altered map of the storm's path on Wednesday to defend his claims, a move that may even be illegal, according to federal law.

"He's deteriorating in plain sight," one Republican strategist who's in frequent contact with the White House told Insider on Friday.

Asked why the president was obsessed with Alabama instead of the states that would actually be affected by the storm, the strategist said, "you should ask a psychiatrist about that; I'm not sure I'm qualified to comment."

Trump often airs his grievances publicly, either on Twitter or while speaking with reporters, which means the world has an unprecedented window into the president's stream of consciousness.

For instance, on Labor Day weekend, as Hurricane Dorian battered the Bahamas and made its way to the US's mainland, Trump took breaks in between golfing to post more than 120 tweets.

In addition to updates on Hurricane Dorian and quote tweets of fawning praise of his presidency from Fox News, the subjects of Trump's tweets included:
    • Former FBI Director James Comey.
    • Four freshman Democratic congresswomen of color known as "the squad."
    • AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka.
    • "Failing New York Times columnist Paul Krugman."
    • "Amazon Washington Post."
    • The "LameStream Media."
    • The liberal actress and activist Debra Messing.

'He's like a bull seeing red'
    Messing provoked ire from both sides of the aisle when she posted a tweet last week calling for a public list of Trump donors who will attend an upcoming fundraiser for him in Beverly Hills, California.

The "Will & Grace" actress' tweet drew a harsh response from "The View" cohost Whoopi Goldberg, who likened it to the McCarthyism of the 1950s.

Trump had Messing on his mind as recently as Thursday, when he referenced Goldberg's comments and tweeted, "Bad 'actress' Debra The Mess Messing is in hot water. She wants to create a 'Blacklist' of Trump supporters, & is being accused of McCarthyism."

The president also latched onto another tweet Messing posted in which she praised a sign in front of an Alabama church implying that black voters who support Trump are mentally ill. Messing later apologized for "recklessly" sharing the sign and added that its use of the term "mentally ill" was "wrong & hurtful."

Trump called Messing a "racist because of the terrible things she said about blacks and mental illness" and added that if the actress Roseanne Barr — an avid Trump supporter — had said the same thing, she would have been fired.

Barr was fired from her sitcom last year after making racist comments about an aide to former President Barack Obama. "Will Fake News NBC allow a McCarthy style Racist to continue?" Trump wrote, referring to Messing.

The actress responded by linking to a New Yorker piece this week that detailed Trump's wild behavior over the past month.

She added that she hoped "his family gets him the help he needs. Sad."

Anthony Scaramucci, the former White House communications director, also weighed in on Trump's state of mind on Friday.

"I think the president is in severe mental decline, and I'm not saying that now because I'm a political adversary or I disavowed him. I'm saying that objectively just looking at what's going on," Scaramucci said at the Toronto Global Forum.

This isn't the first time questions have been raised about Trump's mental state and his fitness for office. In fact, Trump's mental stability is a regular topic of discussion in the White House.

This was confirmed by the anonymous author of a famous 2018 New York Times op-ed who said Trump's aides routinely ignore or dismiss his orders for the good of the country. Michael Wolff's "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" and Bob Woodward's "Fear: Trump in the White House" detailed similar instances.

And the former special counsel Robert Mueller also found that Trump's myriad efforts to obstruct the Russia investigation were largely unsuccessful only because his underlings refused to carry out his directives.

One person who was close to Trump's legal team during the Russia investigation told Insider his public statements were "nothing compared to what he's like behind closed doors."

"He's like a bull seeing red," this person added. "There's just no getting through to him, and you can kiss your plans for the day goodbye because you're basically stuck looking after a 4-year-old now."

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Link
    There will be a reckoning one day for all the people that have supported, enabled and covered up for this man over his lifetime and especially in the past few years. I just hope the rest of us don't have to face the fallout.

As much as I'd love to see Donald Trump defeated at the polls by millions of votes (again), I don't know if he's even going to make it to Election Day at this rate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	413dOMn.png
Views:	2
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	1478434

But, you know, at least he's against abortion.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Take a good look at this picture. This is the President of the United States grinning and giving the thumbs while posing with a baby whose parents were slain in Dayton. The baby also suffered 2 broken fingers in the massacre.
    The First Lady is also smiling and posted this picture on her twitter feed. The two other people in the picture are the baby's aunt and uncle, self-described Trump supporters, took the child from home and brought to the hospital to meet the President.

Words fail me in describing Trump and his supporters at this point, but depraved certainly approaches adequacy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBf0oi7XUAEe7xE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	1478270

Leave a comment:

• surfgun
    replied
    Another DNC creature dies at the hand of the Federal Bench.
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...gn-russia-over

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
    Any one of those "New Low" moments should be enough to kill someone's political career. All of them put together should make the man universally reviled. Yet Trump's support among the Republican base remains strong. Wonder what that says about America. Perhaps Trump is only a symptom not the problem. Pelosi probably understands that and hence isn't too excited about misguided attempts to impeach him. She knows it'll only backfire on the Dems.
    You know someone else had a support base of 37% and managed to take over his nation's government when no one raised their voice to say wait a minute and with no checks and balances the end result was...

Support base is similar between the two.

Leave a comment:

• Double Edge
    replied
    Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
    Wonder what that says about America.
    Still trying to figure it out

From one New Yorker to another
    Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Jul 19,, 13:05.

Leave a comment:

• Firestorm
    replied
    Any one of those "New Low" moments should be enough to kill someone's political career. All of them put together should make the man universally reviled. Yet Trump's support among the Republican base remains strong. Wonder what that says about America. Perhaps Trump is only a symptom not the problem. Pelosi probably understands that and hence isn't too excited about misguided attempts to impeach him. She knows it'll only backfire on the Dems.

Leave a comment:

• TopHatter
    replied
    Originally posted by DOR View Post
    Trump Hits a New Low … Again

by Kevin Drum, Mother Jones, https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...new-low-again/.

“Were tonight’s Trump-led chants of ‘send her back’ at a rally in North Carolina a new low for our president? Sure, probably. But Trump hits a ‘new low’ about once every month or so. As a public service and a walk down memory lane, here’s a very non-exhaustive list of things that have been called new lows for Trump over the past few years. Enjoy.”
    And then of course he just re-tweeted yet another far-right bigoted nutjob

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/22/opini...lah/index.html

But at least he's against abortion!

Leave a comment:

• DOR
    replied
    The New Normal ?

Trump Hits a New Low … Again

by Kevin Drum, Mother Jones, https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...new-low-again/.

“Were tonight’s Trump-led chants of ‘send her back’ at a rally in North Carolina a new low for our president? Sure, probably. But Trump hits a ‘new low’ about once every month or so. As a public service and a walk down memory lane, here’s a very non-exhaustive list of things that have been called new lows for Trump over the past few years. Enjoy.”

July 20: Attacks John McCain for being a POW.
    November 13: Compares Ben Carson to child molester.
    November 21: Proposes Muslim registry.
    November 23: Retweets claim that 81 percent of white people are killed by blacks.
    November 26: Mocks a reporter’s disability.
    December 8: Calls for ban on Muslim entry.

March 23: Attacks Ted Cruz’s wife.
    March 30: Says that women who get abortions should be punished.
    May 3: Suggests that Ted Cruz’s father killed JFK.
    June 3: Attacks federal Judge Gonzalo Curiel.
    July 27: Asks Russia to please find and release Hillary Clinton’s 30,000 emails.
    August 1: After Khizr Khan accuses Trump of never sacrificing anything for his country, Trump attacks Khan and says that he has too made a lot of sacrifices, such as “building great structures.”
    August 10: Suggests his supporters might want to shoot Hillary Clinton.
    October 8: “Grab ’em by the pussy” tape.
    October 12: More women accuse Trump of sexual assault.

February 22: Attacks transgender children.
    March 4: Accuses Obama of tapping his wires.
    June 29: Accuses Mika Brzezinski of “bleeding badly from a face-lift” during a New Year’s party.
    July 2: Retweets video of CNN being attacked.
    August 15: Suggests that there were “very fine people on both sides” at Charlottesville.
    September 30: Attacks mayor of San Juan after Hurricane Maria hits Puerto Rico.
    October 13: Ends Obamacare cost-sharing program.
    November 29: Retweets three anti-Muslim videos from the leader of an extremist British group.

January 12: Shithole countries.
    June 8: Begins separating children from their parents at the border.
    July 5: Insists on meeting with Vladimir Putin with no one else present.
    September 13: Says the 3,000 dead from Hurricane Maria is “fake news” invented by Democrats.
    October 18: After murder of Jamal Khashoggi, reminds everyone that Saudi Arabia is a good customer.
    October 19: Calls Stormy Daniels “horseface.”
    October 19: Applauds Rep. Greg Gianforte’s body slam of a reporter.
    November 1: Runs racist ad just before midterm elections.
    November 7: Suspends CNN reporter Jim Acosta.
    November 12: As wildfires are raging, threatens to cut off federal aid to California unless they change their “forest management” practices.
    December 29: Says any deaths of children along the border are strictly the fault of the Democrats.

February 9: Mocks native American genocide.
    March 8: Accuses Democrats of being the “anti-Jewish party.”
    March 20: Attacks John McCain yet again.
    May 24: Retweets doctored video of Nancy Pelosi.
    July 11: Attacks British prime minister Theresa May.
    July 14: Tells Democratic congresswomen to go back where they came from...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X