Trump's Economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRT View Post
    Some wealthy individuals in the US may be preparing to avoid possible future increases in the redistributions of wealth espoused by Biden and some of his Democrat cohorts.
    Which "redistributions of wealth" policy did Biden espouse?
    The mega-wealthy pay tax, too, that one?
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Comment

• Watch Trump’s Stock Market Collapse Prediction Go Down in Flames

During his campaign, Trump told voters many times that the entire country would go to hell if Americans elected Joe Biden president. Among other nonsensical predictions, Trump spread a bizarre virus hoax conspiracy that Covid-19 would vanish following the election. But now weeks after the election cases continue to rise, setting new records daily.

Candidate Trump also tried to scare people into voting for him, telling them that Biden would remove God from America and that the stock market would crash, causing average citizens to lose their retirement because 401k plans would suffer without him in charge.

But on Tuesday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average went above 30,000 for the first time ever, showing no signs that a soon-to-be Trump-less White House is cause for investor concern.

Of course, Trump ignored his past prognostication on Tuesday when he tried to take credit for the record-breaking mark by holding a one-minute press event to brag and possibly set a record of his own for the most nonsensical statements uttered in a minute.

“Well, thank you very much, and I just want to congratulate everybody. The stock market, Dow Jones Industrial Average, just hit 30,000, which is the highest in history. We’ve never broken 30,000,” Trump said. “And that’s just despite everything that’s taken place with the pandemic. I’m very thrilled with what’s happened on the vaccine front. That’s been absolutely incredible. Nothing like that has ever happened medically. And I think people are acknowledging that, and it’s having a big effect.”

Trump continued, “But the stock market’s just broken 30,000—never been broken, that number. That’s a sacred number, 30,000, and nobody thought they’d ever see it. That’s the ninth time since the beginning of 2020. And it’s the 48th that we’ve broken records in during the Trump administration. And I just want to congratulate all the people within the administration that worked so hard. And most importantly, I want to congratulate the people of our country because there are no people like you. Thank you very much, everybody. Thank you.”

Trump also ignored questions from the gathered press about conceding as he left the White House briefing room.

“Mr. President, are you going to concede? Sir, why not concede for the good of the country, sir?” members of the press asked.

One reporter could be heard giving their opinion on the very bizarre one-minute event that could also describe Trump’s entire time in office: “Well, that was weird as shit.”
      _________

Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

• Remove God from America....this about a man who is a lifelong Roman Catholic who takes his faith very seriously and goes to Mass several times a week.

From a man....well....you know.
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          Remove God from America....this about...
          This is nothing more or less than Trump blowing another political dog whistle to garner support from those among the white radicalized fundamentalist Christians who seem to make up a large segment of his red-hatted personality cult. If he isn't already, I expect that Trump will soon be trying to shear some wool from those sheep, by seeking their donations into his new "Save America" leadership PAC slushfund.

Last edited by JRT; 25 Nov 20,, 23:13.

Comment

Remove God from America....this about a man who is a lifelong Roman Catholic who takes his faith very seriously and goes to Mass several times a week.

From a man....well....you know.
            Are you talking about Biden? A man that broke up a marriage to marry his current wife? Their marriage is not even eligible to be recognized by the Roman Catholic Church.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post

Are you talking about Biden? A man that broke up a marriage to marry his current wife? Their marriage is not even eligible to be recognized by the Roman Catholic Church.
              How freaking obtuse can you be?

Jill and Joe Biden started dating AFTER her divorce papers were filed and she was separated. That marriage was over. Biden did not have an affair with her.

I met my wife while legally separated from my first wife. I had not filed for divorce yet as per the separation agreement I had to take certain financial steps before I could. My soon to be ex had left the country.

So do you think my wife broke up my first marriage in your book?

Oh, and BTW, I went through the annulment process for my first marriage before my wife and I were married int he Church so I am very well aware of the procedures the Church requires for a marriage to be blessed.

Surfgun, you are the worst kind of poster on the WAB....shitty to nonexistent research, any research is done through cruising conspiracy theory sites and posting links with zero context. You bring nothing of value here.

Other conservative posters at least try to post cogent arguments and do a modicum of research.

You do nothing but bitch about Maryland....well, if you don't like, move.

In a word, you are pathetic.
              Mark Twain

Comment

How freaking obtuse can you be?

Jill and Joe Biden started dating AFTER her divorce papers were filed and she was separated. That marriage was over. Biden did not have an affair with her.

I met my wife while legally separated from my first wife. I had not filed for divorce yet as per the separation agreement I had to take certain financial steps before I could. My soon to be ex had left the country.

So do you think my wife broke up my first marriage in your book?

Oh, and BTW, I went through the annulment process for my first marriage before my wife and I were married int he Church so I am very well aware of the procedures the Church requires for a marriage to be blessed.

Surfgun, you are the worst kind of poster on the WAB....shitty to nonexistent research, any research is done through cruising conspiracy theory sites and posting links with zero context. You bring nothing of value here.

Other conservative posters at least try to post cogent arguments and do a modicum of research.

You do nothing but bitch about Maryland....well, if you don't like, move.

In a word, you are pathetic.
                Maryland is not horrible outside the hedonistic metropolitan areas.
                Jill and first husband worked on Joe’s Senate Campaign in the 70”s and that is when Joe started pursuing her. She even noted she attempted to reject his advances, but he eventually wore her down.
                And of yeah, right back at you AR!

Last edited by surfgun; 26 Nov 20,, 20:04.

Comment

And of yeah, right back at you AR!
                  AR is a worlds away better member than you. There's simply no comparison. He brings education and facts. You bring conspiracy theories and worthless posts with links to equally worthless websites.

Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

AR is a worlds away better member than you. There's simply no comparison. He brings education and facts. You bring conspiracy theories and worthless posts with links to equally worthless websites.
                    Birds of a feather.......

Comment

Wow, that took effort.

Here's a thought: Try posting the contents of an article, from reputable source. I know you can find reputable sources, I've seen it before.

Then make some actual commentary of some kind.

It ain't gonna hurt you none, trust me.

Comment

Now you actually said something that makes sense especially being a supporter of Trump in that one piece of trash begets another piece of trash since you fly with Trump...

Comment

• TBM stay classy.
                          and Happy Thanksgiving to the WAB family.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Wow, that took effort.

Here's a thought: Try posting the contents of an article, from reputable source. I know you can find reputable sources, I've seen it before.

Then make some actual commentary of some kind.

It ain't gonna hurt you none, trust me.
                            Being called birds of a feather with Top Hatter is a fucking badge of honor.
                            Mark Twain

Comment

Being called birds of a feather with Top Hatter is a fucking badge of honor.
                              Yeah, I'd happily ride that bus. I'm guessing most here would too.
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• Amen.
                                Sanity rules, OK?
                                Trust me?
                                I'm an economist!

Comment

Working...
                                X