Ex-FBI Director Mueller appointed DOJ Special Counsel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
    What do you think of the political systems and the governance of nations such as Russia, China, Syria, Venezuela, and Iran, and the state of human rights and the rule of law within these countries? Do you see their models as being superior, and worthy of emulation?
    If I'm not banned from the forum then I would be more than happy to discuss the political system in any one of those countries. Each of those countries have different politics from another and so can't be discussed together. I'll explain the reason why when my comments can be applied to one country.

But I'll warn you now before you get involved in any discussion in which you're looking for an answer from me on that question.

Any country that isn't a proven aggressor with nearly 40 wars of aggression to it's name is in my humble opinion, a superior model to the U.S. So fire away if you want to learn what I think on any of them!

The current situation in the world is unique and different from any situation we've ever seen in the past, because of the MAD factor. And any military minded asshole who doesn't understand that is either raving mad or senile!

Our very future survival depends on all countries being respectful of the choices and political preferences of the others, and especially in this 21st. century with nuclear proliferation. The U.S. is not the only nation that is invulnerable from foreign aggression. If there's one simple understanding I want to impress on you people before I leave this board, it's that the US arrogance needs to end. The current message is, Venezuela is not yours. Tomorrow's message could be that Iran is not yours either. So all of you, including your senile and angry old
    coot the Colonel can rant and stamp your feet all you like about it but it's not going to change facts.

And it's not just nuclear armed nations which must be respectful of others. It's not far in the future when most small nations will be protected from aggression by their powerful big brothers. For example, Israel's apartheid regime doesn't need to possess nuclear weapons, as an example. Russia will have Syria's back, China will have N.K.'s back, Russia and China will have Iran's back, and so on.

Let me know if you understand what I've told you, unless you are also one of the ghouls who are so arrogant as to think that MAD is not the most important feature for a modern and peaceful world. To put it simply, the f'ing US party is over!
    Last edited by montgomery; 01 Apr 19,, 06:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by montgomery View Post
      I'm sure you feel quite secure in screaming out your personal insults, now that you've been granted immunity from having to hear them thrown back at you!
      Well I suppose I should congratulate you on finally posting something that isn't some amalgam of cookie cutter 'anti-imperialist' left wing dross. Now you have moved on to gibberish.

You are welcome to insult me if you wish. Better minds than yours (granted, a broad field) have done so free of consequence. I'm not the type to throw a tanty over a few harsh words. I'm sure that if you comb through enough Chomsky, Pilger, Moore, the Intercept, Alternet, Daily Kos or the rest you'll be able to find something to hurl at me. Too much to expect anything original obviously.

Anyway, enjoy your time here. It sounds like you are ready to stomp off in a huff at the indignity of having people better informed than yourself disagree with you. I'm surprised you haven't become used to that by now, it must be a regular occurrence.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• montgomery,

Since I was ousted by powers that be, I hope you don't mind me giving a paragraph of advice. Any board you join to debate, you have to first prove yourself. You have to be taken seriously. Your views et al. WABS_OOE is a living legend, you may not feel the same which is okay with us, but you cannot go on and on insulting him. I have had disagreements with the Colonel, but never had the Colonel ever mistreated or abused me. Short of being gay, I admire and love WABS_OOE, and sharing a drink with him would be one of my life's quests. Another being S-2, who's missing. I ask questions that I don't know/understand like stupid, and the Colonel answers it. If you can be a good student, the Colonel would be a very good mentor. I am living proof of that. As about 'Bigfella' and 'DOR', they too are experts in their fields. You just cannot insult anyone you disagree with. Fight it out with reasoning. Fight it out with credible sources. Fight it out and make your stand.

Now relax, and tell me why you choose an internet handle that sounds like a 'winery'.

Edit: I have a feeling that you don't live by rules, so you probably haven't read the rules. So, as easy as it is, if an old member wants to sleep with your girl, you oblige. If an old member schools you, you back down and do some research. If an old member abuses you, you think this is life and life ain't fair, and move on. In short, you accept you are a newbie and submit to us, the old gangbangers.
        Last edited by Oracle; 01 Apr 19,, 17:36.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          montgomery,

Since I was ousted by powers that be, I hope you don't mind me giving a paragraph of advice. Any board you join to debate, you have to first prove yourself. You have to be taken seriously. Your views et al. WABS_OOE is a living legend, you may not feel the same which is okay with us, but you cannot go on and on insulting him. I have had disagreements with the Colonel, but never had the Colonel ever mistreated or abused me. Short of being gay, I admire and love WABS_OOE, and sharing a drink with him would be one of my life's quests. Another being S-2, who's missing. I ask questions that I don't know/understand like stupid, and the Colonel answers it. If you can be a good student, the Colonel would be a very good mentor. I am living proof of that. As about 'Bigfella' and 'DOR', they too are experts in their fields. You just cannot insult anyone you disagree with. Fight it out with reasoning. Fight it out with credible sources. Fight it out and make your stand.

Now relax, and tell me why you choose an internet handle that sounds like a 'winery'.

Edit: I have a feeling that you don't live by rules, so you probably haven't read the rules. So, as easy as it is, if an old member wants to sleep with your girl, you oblige. If an old member schools you, you back down and do some research. If an old member abuses you, you think this is life and life ain't fair, and move on. In short, you accept you are a newbie and submit to us, the old gangbangers.
          The WABS has insulted me with profanity and rudeness right from the beginning. I've just come to the point where I'm answering accordingly. I find his demeanour highly unusual for a person of such apparent sophistication and high standing. It's been something I would never expect from a gentleman.

Here's a basic truth for you: It no longer is true that children must treat grownups with respect. The modern world now sees that differently. A child must treat a grownup with respect only if the adult is worthy of respect. Your colonel may be what you have told me but he hasn't demonstrated that quality to me at any time.

And I'm pretty sure he's not capable of any sort of meaningful change. Sadly, I attribute that to the arrogance of the military mindset.

Consider me the child in the above scenario. The colonel can be the adult in the relationship.

I've never heard of any winery with a name that resembles 'montgomery'.

Are you worthy of other people's respect? If I lack respect for you for any reason, it certainly isn't because you are gay! But I'm somewhat troubled with your jaded view of me being obliged to respect the colonel!
          Last edited by montgomery; 01 Apr 19,, 18:01.

Comment

The WABS has insulted me with profanity and rudeness right from the beginning. I've just come to the point where I'm answering accordingly. I find his demeanour highly unusual for a person of such apparent sophistication and high standing. It's been something I would never expect from a gentleman.
            This is where you got it wrong. Trading insults. Earn your place first. WAB is not stormfront of some pchan like board. Everyone lives by the rules, some live by more relaxed rules according to their standing here. You got to understand that long time members have earned their place here.

Originally posted by montgomery View Post
            Here's a basic truth for you: It no longer is true that children must treat grownups with respect. The modern world now sees that differently. A child must treat a grownup with respect only if the adult is worthy of respect. Your colonel may be what you have told me but he hasn't demonstrated that quality to me at any time.
            The world I live in, I still go to the terrace to smoke. I also go to the terrace in the comfort of the dark night to drink, once a week or so. Respect is respect. When elders school you, you keep your head low and learn.

And I'm pretty sure he's not capable of any sort of meaningful change. Sadly, I attribute that to the arrogance of the military mindset.
            The Colonel has long retired. He has a certain way with which he deals with people here, but I've never found it to be arrogance. I call it being straight-forward, for he has seen enough shit in life. On the contrary, I speak with arrogance sometimes. Trying to correct it though.

Consider me the child in the above scenario. The colonel can be the adult in the relationship.
            He definitely is the adult here. He gave examples of whatever he has said. His mil-ex cannot be questioned, nor is it up for debate. I joined WAB, 4-5 years after I've read it from the sidelines. And trust me when I say this, I've read all of the Colonels 25K+ posts before I even thought of registering here.

I've never heard of any winery with a name that resembles 'montgomery'.
            Well, it rhymes. :D

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	2
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	1477961

Are you worthy of other people's respect? If I lack respect for you for any reason, it certainly isn't because you are gay! But I'm somewhat troubled with your jaded view of me being obliged to respect the colonel!
            I don't think I am. I certainly don't expect respect from the Pakistanis and the Chinese. Anyone older than you, should be heard first. Secondly, their opinion, however wrong it might sound, should be researched. Have a different PoV, challenge. But trading insults. Nopes.

Have a good-day.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This is where you got it wrong. Trading insults. Earn your place first. WAB is not stormfront of some pchan like board. Everyone lives by the rules, some live by more relaxed rules according to their standing here. You got to understand that long time members have earned their place here.

The world I live in, I still go to the terrace to smoke. I also go to the terrace in the comfort of the dark night to drink, once a week or so. Respect is respect. When elders school you, you keep your head low and learn.

The Colonel has long retired. He has a certain way with which he deals with people here, but I've never found it to be arrogance. I call it being straight-forward, for he has seen enough shit in life. On the contrary, I speak with arrogance sometimes. Trying to correct it though.

He definitely is the adult here. He gave examples of whatever he has said. His mil-ex cannot be questioned, nor is it up for debate. I joined WAB, 4-5 years after I've read it from the sidelines. And trust me when I say this, I've read all of the Colonels 25K+ posts before I even thought of registering here.

Well, it rhymes. :D

[ATTACH]47531[/ATTACH]

I don't think I am. I certainly don't expect respect from the Pakistanis and the Chinese. Anyone older than you, should be heard first. Secondly, their opinion, however wrong it might sound, should be researched. Have a different PoV, challenge. But trading insults. Nopes.

Have a good-day.
              Oracle, I agree completely that trading insults is not appropriate behaviour.

A gentleman treats all persons with respect until he finds that the person is not deserving of respect. Profanity and insults are beyond the pale.

That is humanity's rule and must also be applied on this board.

If this board decides to suffer my opinions further then I would suggest we start fresh with asking for politeness from all.

Comment

• Oracle, Is that appropriate behaviour for a gentleman to nitpick and make mockery of my name?

What would you think of me if I did the same to you? Would you think it quite childish of me?

Comment

• Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                  Wow, not having read the board for a few days, because it can be maddeningly slow I had a lot of catching up to do. Knew the shit must have hit the fan when I had to go back seven pages to catch up for four days no less. I already had an idea from a week ago what the catalyst might be. So I got out my bag of Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream chips, oh they are tasty, and started to read. It was like old times.

OOE with is knowledge and patience to a point.
                  Astralis with his straight forward insight.
                  Zraver is always good for a few deep dark state comments.
                  Snapper always gets a plug in for Ukraine.
                  Bigfella who can always cut to the chase.
                  TH who has to quell the flames. LOL.

There was so much going on to make it hard to know where to jump in so I just read.

One thing I didn't know and that was that Canadians use ain't... D)
                  Almost 14 years of lurking (and regularly visiting the board) and this is the best post I've read! It is so on point!

Comment

I don't know if i'd call it arrogance. Discipline is a better word.

To have the discipline to understand things otherwise out in the field your life could be at risk or worse those you command. So its all realism.

And to understand means to learn and learning is the soldiers motto.

Be able to learn. Any thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                      I don't know if i'd call it arrogance. Discipline is a better word.

To have the discipline to understand things otherwise out in the field your life could be at risk or worse those you command. So its all realism.

And to understand means to learn and learning is the soldiers motto.

Be able to learn. Any thing.
                      Sure. That which I interpret as arrogance could be nothing more than a lifetime of being able to treat others according to their rank in the pecking order. This is obviously going to cause a rub with people like me who see all people as basically equals when it comes to how we treat others.

I have a friend who is a retired Major from Canada's Airborne and he's always being cautious to remember his manners when interacting with others of my flyfishing club. Sometimes he forgets but that isn't as easily forgivable in real life.

Comment

Oracle, Is that appropriate behaviour for a gentleman to nitpick and make mockery of my name?

What would you think of me if I did the same to you? Would you think it quite childish of me?
                        Are you a kid? Teen probably. It's not your name, it's an internet 'handle'. And it was all in good humour. Without reading, you started challenging all old folks here and I've not seen you back-up your posts. You have traded insults almost on a daily basis with the Colonel. You don't accept perspective from their PoV, even though people here are ex-military and have served their country and owe nobody any explanation.

You say America is an aggressor with 40+ wars, and more bull. This is typical Chinese+Russian+Pakistani behaviour on internet boards, as it gives them the cloak of anonymity. Russia, China, Venezuela, Turkey - these are authoritarian regimes. They treat their own people like dirt. You obviously don't read news. Your only source of propaganda information is RT and that troll site globalresearch. Take a break, take some time to read. Extreme leftist crap doesn't fly here, as is far-right crap. And stop complaining all the time. You want to go ahead and insult my 'handle' or anything. Go ahead. I don't give a damn.

Comment

Are you a kid? Teen probably. It's not your name, it's an internet 'handle'. And it was all in good humour. Without reading, you started challenging all old folks here and I've not seen you back-up your posts. You have traded insults almost on a daily basis with the Colonel. You don't accept perspective from their PoV, even though people here are ex-military and have served their country and owe nobody any explanation.
                          No, I'm not a kid, I'm probably close to the same age as the oldest on this board. You may not have noticed that we should start fresh and we'll all stop the insults.

My POV is going to be contrary to much of the military POV but I'm still very interested in hearing the opinions of others.

You say America is an aggressor with 40+ wars, and more bull. This is typical Chinese+Russian+Pakistani behaviour on internet boards, as it gives them the cloak of anonymity. Russia, China, Venezuela, Turkey - these are authoritarian regimes. They treat their own people like dirt. You obviously don't read news. Your only source of propaganda information is RT and that troll site globalresearch. Take a break, take some time to read. Extreme leftist crap doesn't fly here, as is far-right crap. And stop complaining all the time. You want to go ahead and insult my 'handle' or anything. Go ahead. I don't give a damn.
                          Go ahead and promote your POV as an alternative of that which you are claiming is my only source of news. Are you interested in the opinions of others if they are expressed in a polite and civil way?

Why on earth would I want to insult your handle? About all I can say about it is that it's likely illustrative of the way you would like to be seen on this board. Mine is, fwiw, a reference to Field Marshall Montgomery because we are connected in a rather special way. But that's not something I'm prepared to make public knowledge. (and no, it's not a relationship that's similar to Ronnie Reagan jr. to his father.)

I have little knowledge of the India/Pakistan situation because I've not pursued that as an interest but your presence here and your opinions is creating an interest for me. I don't see much chance of us crossing swords on that in the near future, other than to just say that it seems that MAD applies. Your comments?

Comment

Here's a basic truth for you: It no longer is true that children must treat grownups with respect.
                            Clearly you do not yet have children. When I say "Don't play with that because it's dangerous" I will expect my small people to respect my advice. Furthest I have got so far is "Please do not pull the table cloth".

Comment

Sure. That which I interpret as arrogance could be nothing more than a lifetime of being able to treat others according to their rank in the pecking order.
                              You really know nothing about the military. I am not about to stop a Captain from his job nor would I tell a sailor how to do his job when I'm a soldier. I tell them what I want done. How they do it is up to them and their immediate leaders. I have no place to interfere.

This is obviously going to cause a rub with people like me who see all people as basically equals when it comes to how we treat others.
                              I really don't care what you think of me. People have shot at me. You really think words are going to affect me? But you're not going to pollute my forum with unfounded accusations and insulting my service and my friends. I don't need your respect but you're in our forum disrespecting us, calling Canadian soldiers American lackeys and telling me that I don't know what MAD is when we were tasked to do MAD.
                              Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 02 Apr 19,, 18:49.
                              Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                                Clearly you do not yet have children. When I say "Don't play with that because it's dangerous" I will expect my small people to respect my advice. Furthest I have got so far is "Please do not pull the table cloth".
                                Wait until she drinks that gallon of chocolate milk that you told her not to drink because it upsets her stomach and then vomits the chocolate milk out.

Then, trying to calm her down, cleaning her, and stopping the dogs from licking up the spilt milk.

I just found my old collection of cassette tapes and remembering that she slapped a pizza into my old player. I have not replaced that player.

It's damned good ammunition to embarrass her these days.
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X