X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astralis View Post
    joe,
    Obama certainly didn't lose the popular vote, either
    Likely that Trump did lose the popular vote, though still looking for the final numbers. Still...nobody protested when when Bush won in 2000 (Yeah I know, Bush isn't Trump...even though we were assured that Bush was Hitler)

i think the protests are worthless, with the subsection of rioters just looking for any excuse to be scumbags, but i -understand- the protests.
    Sorry, no. Plenty of violence against Trump supporters before the election. Plenty of videos on YouTube, including one where a frightened TV reporter screams at some Trump supporters to run before they're beaten by a mob.

we just had a good demonstration of how roughly 100,000 or so strategically placed swing votes just outweighed several million urban votes.
    We also just had a good demonstration of how ruinous complacency can be too.

moreover, this isn't Romney or Bob Dole we're talking about here. as you well know, the person they're protesting is a demagogue whom spent the last year saying all sorts of outrageous things and started his foray into politics by being Birther-in-Chief. he unleashed a lot of ugly divisive rhetoric in his bid to power, and that sort of thing is not lightly forgotten or forgiven.
    Believe me, I'm not defending Donald Trump. And you know how I feel about conspiracy theorists of all stripes.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

That is the same Bob Dole and Mitt Romney that the left talked all kinds of S--t about. Now the left and their media are getting a helping of what the have been dishing for the past decades.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
        Now you got me, a white person, protesting your "whiteness"...
        I didn't say a white person protesting 'whitness' I beleive I said college kids meaning all races.

https://youtu.be/3R6dzZdceT4

Fast forward to 2:45.

Comment

joe,

Still...nobody protested when when Bush won in 2000 (Yeah I know, Bush isn't Trump...even though we were assured that Bush was Hitler)
          there were protests, just not on this scale, it's true.

polarization wasn't as bad then either...and Bush Jr on his worse day was a damn sight better than Donald Trump on his best.

Sorry, no. Plenty of violence against Trump supporters before the election. Plenty of videos on YouTube, including one where a frightened TV reporter screams at some Trump supporters to run before they're beaten by a mob.
          and there's been plenty of violence BY Trump supporters as well. but what i'm saying is that i understand the protesters; it's an outpouring of emotion and anger. it's certainly channeled ineffectively but OTOH their votes were channeled rather ineffectively too.

understanding is NOT condoning in any case.

bottom-line, if Trump had been an honorable opponent vice a human wrecking-ball, you wouldn't have seen this reaction. on the other hand, there's a good case to be made that if he hadn't been a human wrecking-ball, he wouldn't have won, either. (and that's how he answered it when an interviewer from the Wall Street Journal asked him that; 'do you think you went too far during the election?' 'no, i WON.')

he was middle America's middle finger to the establishment, to the coast/urban voters, etc etc. well...is it any surprise that there are some people whom will flip the middle finger right back?
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

he was middle America's middle finger to the establishment, to the coast/urban voters, etc etc. well...is it any surprise that there are some people whom will flip the middle finger right back?
            And burn and riot in cities on the coast...

More Than Half of the Anti-Trump Rioters Arrested Didn't Vote
            2016-11-15T02:21:45
            https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11...ed-didnt-vote/

More than half of the protestors arrested in Portland, Oregon, last weekend did not vote in the state.

According to 13 News Now, 69 of the rioters did not vote or are not registered to vote in the state.

KGW compiled a list of the 112 people arrested by the Portland Police Bureau during recent protests. Those names and ages, provided by police, were then compared to state voter logs by Multnomah County Elections officials.

Records show 34 of the protesters arrested didn’t return a ballot for the November 8 election. Thirty-five of the demonstrators taken into custody weren’t registered to vote in Oregon.

Twenty-five protesters who were arrested did vote.

KGW is still working to verify voting records for the remaining 17 protesters who were arrested.

Nationwide riots or "protests" have dominated the headlines while violence against Trump supporters has gotten barely a mention. Some of the more inflammatory elements of the rallies have also been downplayed.

One report shows empty buses used to transport "participants" to a weekend protest in Chicago. Another shows that ads were placed on Craigslist looking to hire people to show up at the election protests. Recently reports surfaced that the protestors were paid to disrupt Trump rallies during the campaign. Is it really a surprise that the protestors in Portland are not really aggrieved voters?
            Last edited by troung; 16 Nov 16,, 00:29.
            To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

And to think I thought travel agents would be making fortunes on all these liberals moving to Canada.

No, it's the bus companies making fortunes bussing in all these "spontaneous" protestors....

Comment

Originally posted by troung View Post
                And burn and riot in cities on the coast...
                Probably not going to end soon with the guy who backs white nationalism and supremacy now the new Minister for Propaganda. Joseph Bannon or Steven Bannon? Ah, all the same.

Comment

If this is the kind of inspiration President Trump will generate, I’ll take that of Mr Obama any day.

University of Oklahoma student suspended after racist social media sent to black UPenn freshmen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...penn-freshmen/

A student at the University of Oklahoma has been temporarily suspended as the school investigates racist messaging — which included images of people hanging from trees, racial slurs and a “daily lynching” calendar — sent to several black freshmen at the University of Pennsylvania on Friday.
                  Trust me?
                  I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    If this is the kind of inspiration President Trump will generate, I’ll take that of Mr Obama any day.

University of Oklahoma student suspended after racist social media sent to black UPenn freshmen

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...penn-freshmen/

A student at the University of Oklahoma has been temporarily suspended as the school investigates racist messaging — which included images of people hanging from trees, racial slurs and a “daily lynching” calendar — sent to several black freshmen at the University of Pennsylvania on Friday.
                    the kind of inspirations from Obama were you have groups of Trump protestors beating up old men?

Or rioting in the streets?

your argument cuts both ways and doesn't do anyone any good.

Comment

Jeez , the future is bright ,,,,,,,,,well then mr intelligence if trump aint your fu##ing pres , which one are you fu####g .

Click image for larger version

Name:	15032142_1831986050353249_2252598332496921829_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1469773

Comment

Hahaahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpi3F0E5ro

Comment

I think a big part of why we are seeing increasingly acrimonious elections and so much unrest afterwards is the increasingly "tailored" news feeds on social media. The Guardian conducted an interesting experiment with getting a group of US voters to swap news feeds with their ideological opposites during the tail end of the election.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...eral-news-feed

It appears some people were even more polarized by the experiment while others changed their ideas based on the new flavor of information.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
                            I think a big part of why we are seeing increasingly acrimonious elections and so much unrest afterwards is the increasingly "tailored" news feeds on social media.
                            I am skeptical of that line of reasoning. The opposite argument that polarization is the cause of social media's tailored feeds is equally supported by evidence. I do not think the bipolar divide on the issues are random or arbitrary.
                            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                            -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple C View Post
                              I am skeptical of that line of reasoning. The opposite argument that polarization is the cause of social media's tailored feeds is equally supported by evidence. I do not think the bipolar divide on the issues are random or arbitrary.
                              I am not.

modern media is nothing more than propaganda at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X