• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Trump protests

Horrible group of protestors.
    Donald Trump protester shot during Oregon demonstration

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...demonstration/

Last Updated Nov 12, 2016 9:19 AM EST

PORTLAND, Ore. -- As protests of President-elect Donald Trump entered another day, police in Portland, Oregon, say one person was shot and injured by a man who had gotten into a confrontation with a protester and then opened fire.

Portland police said the victim was taken to a hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and they were looking for a male suspect, who got out of a vehicle and fired multiple shots early Saturday morning on a Willamette River bridge before fleeing in the vehicle.

The shooting followed rowdy Friday night protests, when police used tear gas in response to “burning projectiles” thrown at officers, police said on Twitter. Hundreds of people marched through the city, disrupting traffic and spray-painting graffiti.

Authorities reported instances of vandalism and assault during a rally that organizers had billed as peaceful earlier in the day.

Anger over the election has had some violent and ugly results, CBS News correspondent Marlie Hall reports.

A video posted to social media shows David Wilcox, a white Trump supporter, being beaten by a group of African-Americans following a traffic dispute in Chicago.

“Somebody yelled, ‘That’s one of them white boy Trump supporters,’ and then I said, ‘What does that have to do with this? We’re talking about insurance here,’” Wilcox told CBS station WBBM-TV. “And I asked the lady, ‘Ma’am, do you have insurance?’ and immediately punches were thrown. They didn’t say a word.”
    Anti-Trump protests continue for third consecutive night
    Play Video
    Anti-Trump protests continue for third consecutive night

But the coarseness goes both ways.

Chants of “white power” were heard from students holding a Trump-Pence campaign sign at a school in York, Pennsylvania.

And middle schoolers in Michigan chanted “build the wall,” leaving Latino students in tears. Reaction from the school district was swift.

“This is not who we are,” said Principal Todd Noonan. “Everyone is welcome in our community of learners. We build bridges. We work together.”
    Ugliness persists three days after Trump's election
    Play Video
    Ugliness persists three days after Trump's election

In other parts of the country, spirited demonstrations on college campuses and peaceful marches along downtown streets have taken place since Wednesday.

Hundreds joined a Friday afternoon “love rally” in Washington Square Park in Manhattan.

Leslie Holmes, 65, a website developer from Wilton, Connecticut, took an hour-long train ride to the demonstration - her first protest since the 1970s, when she hit the streets of San Francisco to oppose the Vietnam War.
    President-elect Trump ponders changes and cabinet
    Play Video
    President-elect Trump ponders changes and cabinet

She described herself as an armchair liberal but declared, “I’m not going to be armchair anymore.”

“I don’t want to live in a country where my friends aren’t included, and my friends are fearful, and my children are going to grow up in a world that’s frightening, and my granddaughters can look forward to being excluded from jobs and politics and fulfilling their potential, so I’m here for them,” she said.

Evening marches disrupted traffic in Miami and Atlanta.
    What might President-elect Trump's Cabinet look like?
    Play Video
    What might President-elect Trump's Cabinet look like?

Trump supporter Nicolas Quirico was traveling from South Beach to Miami. His car was among hundreds stopped when protesters blocked Interstate 395.

“Trump will be our president. There is no way around that, and the sooner people grasp that, the better off we will be,” he said. “There is a difference between a peaceful protest and standing in a major highway backing up traffic for 5 miles. This is wrong.”

More than a thousand protesters took to the streets across California after night fell including downtown Los Angeles, where over 200 were arrested a night earlier. In Bakersfield, where Trump is far more popular than in most of the state, some held signs reading “Anti-Trump, Pro-USA.”
    Potential impact of President-elect Trump's economic plans
    Play Video
    Potential impact of President-elect Trump's economic plans

Small protests also were held in Detroit; Minneapolis; Kansas City, Missouri; Olympia, Washington and Iowa City.

More than 200 people carrying signs gathered on the steps of the Washington state Capitol. The group chanted “not my president” and “no Trump, no KKK, no fascist USA.”

In Tennessee, Vanderbilt University students sang civil rights songs and marched through campus across a Nashville street, temporarily blocking traffic. A protest also occurred in Minneapolis.

In Chicago, multiple groups planned protests through Saturday.

Nadia Gavino, 25, learned about the rallies on Twitter and protested Thursday evening. Gavino, whose father is from Peru and whose mother is of Mexican and Lithuanian heritage, said she took Trump’s harshest statements about immigrants and Latinos personally.

“I obviously agree that he’s racist, he’s sexist, he’s phobic, he’s misogynistic. He’s all these things you don’t want in a leader,” she said.

Ashley Lynne Nagel, 27, said she joined a Thursday night demonstration in Denver.

“I have a leader I fear for the first time in my life,” said Nagel, a Bernie Sanders supporter who voted for Hillary Clinton.

“It’s not that we’re sore losers,” she said. “It’s that we are genuinely upset, angry, terrified that a platform based off of racism, xenophobia and homophobia has become so powerful and now has complete control of our representation.”

Demonstrations also were planned Saturday in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and other areas.

Previous demonstrations drew thousands of people in New York and other large urban centers. The largely peaceful demonstrations were overshadowed by sporadic episodes of vandalism, violence and street-blocking.
    To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

My biggest source of entertainment in the last few days.

A bunch of dumbasses in urban centers that probably didn't bother to get off their asses to vote for Clinton..
    ..disrupting the lives of people that probably mostly voted for her.

(Chalking up on more reason why voting for Trump was the right thing to do)
    Last edited by YellowFever; 12 Nov 16,, 16:39.

Comment

I am waiting for them to expand the revolution and enrich the Red States...
      To sit down with these men and deal with them as the representatives of an enlightened and civilized people is to deride ones own dignity and to invite the disaster of their treachery - General Matthew Ridgway

Comment

Red states?

Probably. But I bet you it's going to be those blue dots within the red states.

Most Likely These idiots, Thinking they will have accomplished something great, slap themselves on the back and go back into their worthless facebook/twitter lives.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
          Red states?

Most Likely These idiots, Thinking they will have accomplished something great, slap themselves on the back and go back into their worthless facebook/twitter lives.
          Agree completely. The destruction to property is however a law and order situation that needs to be stopped.

Oh, and did I mention the 100 some odd protesters in Dallas were led by the same BLM dude!! LOL
          Last edited by texasjohn; 12 Nov 16,, 21:38.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
            Red states?

Read the Texan,mate.

I'd say is silly plan to derail the next administration.If Trump makes good of his word,a few top Dems and their pals are going to face investigations.

Of course,the idiots in the street are mere fools who use any pretext to burn and loot,but it's a bit more than that.

Some time,soon,they'll try to mess with the wrong chaps,who'll drill them 2 new holes.
            Those who know don't speak
            He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Pffft, I didn't think it was possible that the left would make themselves look worse than Trump and his supporters.

These protests are stupid, the incompetency of Trump is a great opportunity for the Democrats to reverse all their electoral losses in the coming years, but not if they make themselves appear worse in the eyes of regular Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by InExile View Post
                Pffft, I didn't think it was possible that the left would make themselves look worse than Trump and his supporters.

These protests are stupid, the incompetency of Trump is a great opportunity for the Democrats to reverse all their electoral losses in the coming years, but not if they make themselves appear worse in the eyes of regular Americans.

These idiots are not engaged in "largely peaceful with spots of violence" protests as reported by the main stream media.

They are burning American flags and beating people up who are Trump supporters.

I have no doubt that this is not the norm for the Democratic Party and is indeed a tiny fringe group of the wing.

But hey, Most Democrats look at the KKK and their ilk and hang that whole mantra on Republicans.....

So I might as well hang this whole thing on the Democrats. :)

So Democrats, stop arguing with me or I will call you a flag burning, violence causing lefty idiots who has no jobs.

Comment

The flag burning part really pisses me off. Especially when the protesters are waving Mexican flags while protesting the US election!!

Yesterday was veterans day. Please tell me you flew the flag at your house. We owe those folks a lot.

Comment

When a significant portion of your presidential campaign consists of rhetoric that unapologetically flirts with bigotry, xenophobia, and so-called "political incorrectness", there should be no surprise when people who take exception decide to take to the streets against your candidacy. On the other hand, as a protestor, you lose the moral ground when your rallies devolve into looting and rioting. Fortunately, at least in my neck of the woods (NY), the protests have been intense but largely peaceful.

This is the side of our politics that I can't stand. We as voters are conditioned by our political leaders and our media to see each other as the worst our country has to offer.... racists, welfare queens, misogynists, SJWs, gangbangers, opportunists.... and with every following day on social media and in the streets, I see countless friendships torn apart just because the other person filled out the wrong bubble on the ballot. Debate and civil discourse has taken a backseat to bandwagoning and ad hominem mudslinging. While none of this is particularly new, this election has taken the paradigm into new extremes.

The coming years are going to be filled with countless challenges, both foreign and domestic. But how can we begin to tackle them if we as a country can't even acknowledge that we're all on the same side?
                    "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Not directly related but pretty funny:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151114_crybully-1024x746.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	1469735

Comment

Originally posted by Red Team View Post
                        When a significant portion of your presidential campaign consists of rhetoric that unapologetically flirts with bigotry, xenophobia, and so-called "political incorrectness", there should be no surprise when people who take exception decide to take to the streets against your candidacy. On the other hand, as a protestor, you lose the moral ground when your rallies devolve into looting and rioting. Fortunately, at least in my neck of the woods (NY), the protests have been intense but largely peaceful.

This is the side of our politics that I can't stand. We as voters are conditioned by our political leaders and our media to see each other as the worst our country has to offer.... racists, welfare queens, misogynists, SJWs, gangbangers, opportunists.... and with every following day on social media and in the streets, I see countless friendships torn apart just because the other person filled out the wrong bubble on the ballot. Debate and civil discourse has taken a backseat to bandwagoning and ad hominem mudslinging. While none of this is particularly new, this election has taken the paradigm into new extremes.

The coming years are going to be filled with countless challenges, both foreign and domestic. But how can we begin to tackle them if we as a country can't even acknowledge that we're all on the same side?
                        Like ^^^

I will say one thing and that is when was the last time anyone saw protests against a President elect, in the streets, days after the election, and across the country?
                        Last edited by tbm3fan; 13 Nov 16,, 02:20.

Comment

These idiots "protest" under the cover of the darkness of night wearing dark clothing, some cover their faces, carry signs covered in obscenities, flags from South of the border, desecrate the American flag and sometimes exhibit destructive and violent behavior.
                          In contrast when republicans protest, they get the proper permits and protest from 11:00 AM wrap things up around 4:00 PM and hump out their garbage.
                          It is a huge contrast in moral character!

Comment

Sore Losers.

https://twitter.com/JadenBell_/statu...32448958582785

Comment

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                              In contrast when republicans protest, they get the proper permits and protest from 11:00 AM wrap things up around 4:00 PM and hump out their garbage.
                              It is a huge contrast in moral character!
                              This sounds exactly like the protest in Union Square that went on today, except those weren't Republicans protesting. There's terrible people on both sides of the political spectrum, let's not pretend either party has a monopoly on that.
                              "Draft beer, not people."

Comment

Working...
                              X