X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by Triple C View Post
    Not true. One of the prosecutors working under Harris County DA Devon Anderson is on the board, who in August disclosed the potential conflict of interest, when the office took up the case. She was not assigned to the investigation. The DA's Office told the press about it in a conference, back in August. Attached link is DA Anderson's response.

http://www.khou.com/videos/news/loca...ents/79436706/
    Devon Anderson was appointed to the position of DA in 2013 by Governor Rick Perry to finish the term of her husband Mike, who died of cancer. She has since been elected to the post. She is an active member of the Republican party. So much for the 'left wing conspiracy' that some folk decided was underway here the moment the charges were filed.

http://www.andersonda.com/2015/09/30...ens-spotlight/

Leave a comment:

• Triple C
    replied
    Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Is it true that the DA investigating this case just happened to be on the board of Planned Parenthood?

That's quite a coincidence....
    Not true. One of the prosecutors working under Harris County DA Devon Anderson is on the board, who in August disclosed the potential conflict of interest, when the office took up the case. She was not assigned to the investigation. The DA's Office told the press about it in a conference, back in August. Attached link is DA Anderson's response.

http://www.khou.com/videos/news/loca...ents/79436706/
    Last edited by Triple C; 29 Jan 16,, 10:52.

Leave a comment:

• tbm3fan
    replied
    It fights poverty one abortion at a time. And its clients are disproportionally "colored." I am, after all, a registered democrat.
    and here I thought it was for providing free birth control for your girlfriends...

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    It fights poverty one abortion at a time. And its clients are disproportionally "colored." I am, after all, a registered democrat.

Planned Parenthood also offers services in women's healthcare, pap smears breast exams etc. In fact that and the other services they provide would be the bulk of their business, not abortions. Oh I forgot. Obama fixed the problem with women not having affordable healthcare when he pushed the AHA on the nation.

Leave a comment:

• GVChamp
    replied
    You mean the Governor of Indiana?
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/07...ngdoing/204705

I work for a Fortune 50 that does a lot of work with the government. "Audit" is considered normal business procedure. It's what real companies do.

I don't give a crap about this, I never watched the videos, and I didn't read the stupid blog literature on the subject.

However, what justifies any statement that "it was all made up?"

The videos were apparently recorded in California. That's where Planned Parenthood participates in the fetal tissue program. The states that opened investigations do not have PP providers engaged in the fetal tissue program. That the government audited this to ensure regulatory compliance is normal for every other company and would be LAUDED by progressives were it any other company in any other industry.

You know who isn't launching an investigation?

California.
    Last edited by GVChamp; 28 Jan 16,, 14:57.

Leave a comment:

• Monash
    replied
    So can any of the States that launched criminal investigations take civil action against the organisation or individuals responsible for laying the false complaints with a view to cost recovery? It was taxpayers dollars that were wasted after all.

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Is it true that the DA investigating this case just happened to be on the board of Planned Parenthood?

That's quite a coincidence....

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    Could you clarify that, gunnut?

Leave a comment:

• GVChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by antimony View Post
    And the difference is?
    From the perspective of the Republican lawmakers and the Republican base, the behavior would still be classified as unethical.

I haven't sat on any of the grand juries personally but as we can see from Black Lives Matter heroes, a failure to indict someone for violating my personal beliefs is 100% confirmation that the system is even more oppressive than we thought. (EDIT: obvious sarcasm)
    Last edited by GVChamp; 27 Jan 16,, 18:59.

Leave a comment:

• antimony
    replied
    Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
    ftfy
    And the difference is?

Leave a comment:

• GVChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by stevedapirate View Post
    nine have determined planned parenthood did nothing illegal.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Bigfella
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
    Eleven states, launched investigations after the release of the videos. Nine have determined Planned Parenthood did nothing wrong. The inquiries have yet to finish in Arizona and Louisiana.
    I'm going to guess that most or all of those were 'Red' states. Oh dear!

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    Could you clarify that, gunnut?

Leave a comment:

• gunnut
    replied
    I support Planned Parenthood. Just not the same reason you guys do.

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    If your cause is just…you don't need to lie and resort to trickery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X