Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last gun shop in SF to close

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/san...ops-2015-10-08

The last gun shop in San Francisco is closing, as the recent shooting at a college in Oregon emboldens proponents of stricter gun control.

High Bridge Arms, the only gun retailer within the city limit for the last 15 years, will be no more after Oct. 31.

“There are multiple reasons. Ordinance is one factor,
    ” said Russel Susbilla, an assistant manager at High Bridge
    Susbilla is referring to San Francisco Supervisor Mark Farrell’s proposal to require all firearms sales to be videotaped and submission of records to the police of all ammunition sales, including online sales.
    and what happened

High Bridge says it has made an effort to accommodate city demands, including installing a specific model of surveillance camera. But when the city came back and asked for additional cameras, High Bridge’s owner decided to call it quits, according to Susbilla.
    complete BS by city

“It’s harassment,” said Delbert Wong, a customer at the store. Characterizing the move for additional surveillance of gun sales as a “liberal attitude,” Wong claimed that more gun control would not have stopped the mass shooting in Oregon that resulted in 10 deaths, including the shooter.
    I am liberal and I want my guns

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Vermont

There you go.

You'll be happy to know that Vermont also has the lowest murder rate in the entire nation, despite a gun ownership rate above national average.

Similar states New Hampshire and Maine have similarly low murder rates.

Oregon is already low on the murder list.
    "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Morning GVChamp

I don't understand. :) Are you agreeing with what the city did, coz I do not.

or are you suggesting I move to Oregon. :)

Comment

Susbilla is referring to San Francisco Supervisor Mark Farrell’s proposal to require all firearms sales to be videotaped and submission of records to the police of all ammunition sales, including online sales.
        That is brilliant!!!

We should propose an ordinance to record every single person picking up a ballot at the polls. It's not a financial burden for the poor voters. We make sure those damn dirty rich white conservative racists can't vote more than once per election. Who could possibly be against this sensible law to protect our voting rights?
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          That is brilliant!!!

We should propose an ordinance to record every single person picking up a ballot at the polls. It's not a financial burden for the poor voters. We make sure those damn dirty rich white conservative racists can't vote more than once per election. Who could possibly be against this sensible law to protect our voting rights?
          What? Next thing you know, they'll be wanting background checks on voters; maybe even requiring ID!

Comment

Working...
          X