• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, they got him.

TRUMP is in big trouble now.

An impeachable offense....

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...-height-232948

Trump's driver's license casts doubt on height claims

Donald Trump and his doctor claim he’s 6-foot-3, but his New York driver’s license says he’s actually an inch shorter.

A copy of Trump’s license, obtained by POLITICO through an open-records request, lists the president-elect at 6-foot-2.

It may just be an inch, but size apparently matters to Trump. A letter that the businessman candidate displayed this summer from his longtime gastroenterologist — while appearing on the Dr. Oz show — stated he was 6-foot-3, though media reports were quick to point out discrepancies.

Slate, for example, posited that Trump was adding an inch to his height to avoid crossing into obesity territory — he also weighed 236 pounds — on the BMI index. That Slate article pointed to multiple media that pegged Trump as 6-foot-2, including Google, though the search engine now has Trump at 6-foot-3.

A special edition of Time published earlier this year profiling Trump also listed him at 6-foot-3 while noting “it irritates him that so many media outlets say 6-foot-2.”

The Trump transition did not respond to a request for comment about the height listed on his driver’s license, which was issued May 3, 2012, and expires on June 14, 2020: his 74th birthday and just less than five months before the next presidential election. His license is a Class D permit, the most common one for the state’s drivers, and comes with no additional safety restrictions.

The license was released to POLITICO by the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control through an open-records request related to the central Virginia winery that’s owned by Trump and run by his son Eric.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
      So, you think (a) the Russians are innocent, based on superior knowledge to that available to the POTUS; or (b) it's no big deal if the Russians hack a US election (pure speculation follows) provided that you personally like the outcome.

Care to enlighten us as to which it might be?
      Are we talking about Russia, or the main stream media...???

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
        How. Did. Russia. Hack. The. ELECTION??????

I keep asking this and I never got an answer.

Is this like the global warming debate?

Where you argue that it's man made and the other side argues that it's not man made and then all of a sudden you come back with a "Well now that the debate is settled, what we do about it?"

Once again:

Chinese collect personal data of millions of federal employees - no biggie
        Chinese steal sensitive defense info - no biggie
        The NSA listens to eurocrats - no biggie
        Germans spy other eurocrats on behalf of USA - no biggie

Wikileaks & Co spew mails that were supposed to be safe and that are related to one party only - The Russians did it.

Nice logic.
        Last edited by Doktor; 30 Dec 16,, 07:17.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I keep asking this and I never got an answer.

Is this like the global warming debate?

Where you argue that it's man made and the other side argues that it's not man made and then all of a sudden you come back with a "Well now that the debate is settled, what we do about it?"

Once again:

I am not aware that "hacking the election" is what is claimed... 'Hacking the election' would imply some attempt to manipulate the vote count itself or something of the voting and counting process (this they actually attempted in the Ukrainian Presidential Election in May 2014) and I do not think anyone is claiming that this was the case. It would be more accurate to say they hacked the DNC (and some Republicans that we know of) and then released selected chosen bits in an attempt to interfere in the election campaign. Not the same as 'hacking the election' technically though the effects may be similar.

Comment

• Putin has sense , or is he being crafty , just in from the BBC ,and CNN getting in on it , another source of news which is biased , yes kato , i know .

Russia-US row: Putin rules out tit-for-tat expulsion of diplomats

Russia's foreign ministry had formally proposed expelling US diplomats
            Russian President Vladimir Putin has ruled out a tit-for-tat response after the US expelled 35 Russian diplomats amid a row over hacking.
            He said Russia would not "stoop" to the level of "irresponsible diplomacy" but would work to restore ties with the US under President-elect Donald Trump.

Russia's foreign ministry had formally asked Mr Putin to expel 35 US envoys.
            The country denies involvement in hacking related to the US election, calling US sanctions "ungrounded".
            Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev accused the outgoing US administration of President Barack Obama of ending in "anti-Russian death throes".
            Diplomatic spat goes undiplomatic
            What are the luxury Russian compounds?
            Under the US action taken on Thursday:
            Thirty-five diplomats from Russia's Washington embassy and its consulate in San Francisco were declared "persona non grata" and given 72 hours to leave the US with their families
            Two properties said to have been used by Russian intelligence services in New York and Maryland will be closed
            Sanctions were announced against nine entities and individuals including two Russian intelligence agencies, the GRU and the FSB
            Mr Obama, who will be replaced by Donald Trump on 20 January, had vowed action against Russia amid US accusations that it directed cyber-attacks on the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton's campaign.
            Emails stolen from her campaign manager and from the servers of the Democratic National Committee - some containing embarrassing information for Democrats - were released during the election campaign.
            A skilled hand: Jonathan Marcus, BBC diplomatic correspondent
            This was a carefully stage-managed response from Mr Putin - dangling the possibility of tit-for-tat expulsions and then showing magnanimity in postponing any response - at least for now.
            It is fundamentally a put-down for the Obama administration, suggesting that, in Moscow's view, it is such a lame-duck, so irrelevant, as to make any response unnecessary.
            It also poses an immediate test for President-elect Trump. Will he be convinced by the evidence the US intelligence agencies say they have? And, if so, what course will he steer in his relations with Russia?
            This is no new Cold War. Russia is simply a kind of "pocket" superpower, nothing like the Soviet Union of old. But Mr Putin has shown here in relations with the West, as in Ukraine and Syria, that he can play a limited hand with great skill. Mr Trump will need to respond to this challenge in a decisive but graduated way.
            'Come to the tree'
            In a statement on the Kremlin website (in Russian), Mr Putin said: "We won't be expelling anyone.
            "We won't be banning their families and children from the places where they usually spend the New Year holidays. Furthermore, I invite all children of American diplomats accredited in Russia to the New Year and Christmas Tree in the Kremlin."
            He wished Barack Obama and his family a happy New Year, as well as Mr Trump and "the whole American people".
            In a message on the presidential website, Mr Putin said that, with the accession of Mr Trump, "the two states, acting in a constructive and pragmatic manner, can take real steps for restoration of mechanisms for bilateral co-operation".
            A view of the Russian embassy, 29 December, in WashingtonImage copyrightAFP
            Image caption
            The US expulsions affect staff at the Russian embassy in Washington
            President-elect Trump has dismissed the hacking claims as "ridiculous" and said Americans should "get on with our lives" when asked previously about the possibility of sanctions.
            However, he said late on Thursday he would meet US intelligence chiefs next week to be "updated on the facts of this situation".
            18 revelations from Wikileaks' hacked Clinton emails
            Can the hack be traced to Russia?
            Russia's foreign ministry had reportedly suggested expelling 31 US diplomats from Moscow and four from St Petersburg.
            It also suggested banning US diplomats from their dachas (holiday homes) in Serebryany Bor near Moscow and a warehouse on Moscow's Dorozhnaya Street.
            Russian media say the Russians facing expulsion from the embassy in Washington are struggling to buy plane tickets because flights are full ahead of the New Year holiday.
            They will be forced to travel to New York, where their chances of finding plane seats are better, an "informed source" told Interfax news agency.
            Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova has denied a report by CNN that Moscow is shutting down a school attended by diplomats' children.
            She said it was a "lie" that the Anglo-American School faced closure as retaliation.
            Meanwhile, the Russian embassy to the UK tweeted a visual gag calling the Obama presidency a lame duck.
            Russian Embassy tweets: President Obama expels 35 ��Russian diplomats in Cold War deja vu. As everybody, incl american people, will be glad to see the last of this hapless Adm.Image copyright@RUSSIANEMBASSY
            'Getting nasty'
            Pavel Felgenhauer, a Russian military affairs analyst, told BBC World Service things were going to get "very nasty" from here on in.
            But US Democrat Senator Amy Klobuchar, who is currently on a visit to the Baltic states, told the BBC it would have been a mistake for the US not to respond to the hacking.
            "This is something that is not just about American democracy, it's about all democracies," she said. "There's upcoming elections in Germany and France and for the US just to roll over and to let this happen with no response would have been a huge mistake."
            US intelligence agencies, including the FBI and CIA, concluded that the aim of the hack was to cause damage to Mrs Clinton and the Democrats and favour Mr Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
              I am not aware that "hacking the election" is what is claimed... 'Hacking the election' would imply some attempt to manipulate the vote count itself or something of the voting and counting process (this they actually attempted in the Ukrainian Presidential Election in May 2014) and I do not think anyone is claiming that this was the case. It would be more accurate to say they hacked the DNC (and some Republicans that we know of) and then released selected chosen bits in an attempt to interfere in the election campaign. Not the same as 'hacking the election' technically though the effects may be similar.
              Ya know, the English language is not the best in the world but it is clearly good enough to relay one's point accurately and precisely without causing confusion.

I expect that courtesy from anyone that tries to convince me of something...especially from our so called leaders.

Even Obama knows how stupid those words were because he isn't using it now.

No, now it's "tried to influence our institution and the election."

I'll just skip over how Obama ascertained Putin's intent for now as it is Irrelevent to my point...but it clearly fortifies my point way back when when I pointed out how stupidly Obama played this one.

What, you're going to accuse a foreign head of state of what his intents were and not have that head of state call bullshit on it and demand you provide proof as to how you came to that conclusion?

If it wasn't for the media kissing Obama's ass at every turn, he would have been crucified because he offered no proof so far other than ," well, very little happens in Russia without Putin's involvement".

Foreign Relations and Politics 101 and Barry failed it...as usual.

Anyway, you can interprete this "hack the election" comment in two ways.

You can say the Democrats and the press are so stupid that they can't communicate with us using precise words and meanings to relay their thoughts.

Or you can say the Democrats and press used those precise words, evem though they knew how wrong it was to use those words, to damage an incoming president because they don't like him

I'll leave the choice up to you as to which way you interprete it
              Last edited by YellowFever; 30 Dec 16,, 17:52.

Comment

• Tankie,

So, you think (a) the Russians are innocent, based on superior knowledge to that available to the POTUS; or (b) it's no big deal if the Russians hack a US election (pure speculation follows) provided that you personally like the outcome.

Care to enlighten us as to which it might be?
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

• "and then released selected chosen bits in an attempt to interfere in the election campaign."

Fact or speculation?

It could also be that the Russians couldn't obtain much information from the Republicans, yes?

Comment

• US REVEALS NAMES, METHODS INVOLVED IN RUSSIAN HACK

Gee, it doesn't name names and reveals methods.

Btw, speaking of YouGov.

According to the MSNBC video, 52 percent of Democrats believe Russians actually got into the voting machines and hacked it.

Wonder where they got that idea.....
                    Last edited by YellowFever; 30 Dec 16,, 23:47.

Comment

US REVEALS NAMES, METHODS INVOLVED IN RUSSIAN HACK

Gee, it doesn't name names and reveals methods.

Btw, speaking of YouVote..

According to the MSNBC video, 52 percent of Democrats believe Russians actually got into the voting machines and hacked it.

Wonder where they got that idea.....
                      Buy YF that can't be . I thought only conservatives are dumb enough to believe fake news. :O

Comment

• FBI and DHS ok for you? https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/defaul...-2016-1229.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
                          That's funny, I just signed on to post that exact report.

After reading all 13 pages, I find nothing that supports your theory that the Russians hacked the election or released just some of it to help one side.

Do you?

Comment

• The thing is the only thing the Russians managed to do was release the DNC emails.

What exactly was the revelation there? The DNC didn't like Bernie? John podesta gives favors? The Clinton foundation is a bit sketchy?

On the face of it one would conclude that telling people things they already knew would not have a great effect on their vote. Yet, here we are, hyperventilating about"hacked election"

Yes real damage has been done, but it has almost all been self inflicted.

The vulnerability, the great big security hole in our society that the Russians bumbled into this time around was not email holes, but a media rife with pundits who make money by hyperventilating, embellishing and exaggerating behind a veneer of professionalism, media that lap up the crap they spew to fill up their 24/7 programming slots, and politicians who would rather point to anyone but themselves to explain their failures.

Also, am I the only one who is surprised at the full extent of Obama's impulsiveness? He is as Impulsive when the chips are down as the Donald is on Twitter when it 2 am.

Comment

• I repeat; 'hacking the election' is not what it's about. Systems were hacked, information was released from the hacks and Moscow was behind it, their aim being influence the election outcome; that is the allegation. I have not seen all the evidence; Crowdstrike's claims seem to me to highly suggestive. The NSA will know far more and they have confidence, all other circumstantial evidence suggests it is likely so I am pretty certain that they did interfere in your election.

Who is Igor Diveykin?
                              Last edited by snapper; 31 Dec 16,, 00:12.

Comment

• So the fact that Obama released this document, which amounts to nothing more than a "what not to do to get hacked" manual, coupled with a list of sanctions of Russia is proof to you?

You linked it as proof and I wondering where the proof is...

Furthermore, you post a video of some Russian politican applauding Trump winning the election as some sort of evidence?

Think that through.

If this was some diabolical plan to get Trump elected, do you think Putin would tolerate some of his puppets actively cheering?

So define "interfere" and how did they do that in the election?

Comment

Working...
                                X