This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
    Also, am I the only one who is surprised at the full extent of Obama's impulsiveness? He is as Impulsive when the chips are down as the Donald is on Twitter when it 2 am.
    No you're not. It's been his consistent habit since he was elected. Henry Louis Gates, Trayvon Martin, Syria, Libya, Iraq, strengthening the Castro kingdom, I could go on and on.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• I refer you to Crowdstrike's findings. The FBI/DHS report is about modus operandi more than anything else which fits other hacks elsewhere we know were Moscow based. The whole thing stinks; seriously I am no Obama fan in any way but when Trump calls on Moscow to hack to the Clinton campaign... and it seems highly likely at least that they did, you would dismiss it and "move on"? Do you have some reason to distrust ALL your intelligence agencies? This isn't about Party politics; it's about having a criminal organisation posing as a Government interfere in your election. I understand that such things may be somewhat novel to you Yanks and nobody woke you up but this war has been going on at least - or rather never stopped after the USSR fell apart and you got attacked. My involvement is relatively recent obviously but I know enough of the signs and when it looks like a pig, snorts like a pig and smells like a pig my working hypothesis must be that it is a pig. Where Moscow is concerned 'coincidences' are all too frequent.
      Last edited by snapper; 31 Dec 16,, 00:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
        but when Trump calls on Moscow to hack to the Clinton campaign...
        Ummm, really?

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
          That's funny, I just signed on to post that exact report.

After reading all 13 pages, I find nothing that supports your theory that the Russians hacked the election or released just some of it to help one side.

Do you?
          I found the list of IP's used in the attack, as provided in CSV file in the Cert report (here)

45 China
          44 the United States
          19 the Netherlands
          14 Germany
          11 France
          8 Sweden
          8 South Korea
          6 Thailand
          6 Japan
          6 Canada
          5 Denmark
          4 Romania
          3 Vietnam
          3 Turkey
          3 the United Kingdom
          3 Taiwan
          3 Swaziland
          3 Spain
          3 Puerto Rico
          3 Mexico
          3 Italy
          3 Indonesia
          3 Bulgaria
          2 Russia
          2 Luxembourg
          2 Lithuania
          2 Iraq
          2 Iran
          2 India
          2 Greece
          2 Finland
          2 Estonia
          2 Czech Republic
          2 Brazil
          1 Venezuela
          1 United Kingdom
          1 Ukraine
          1 the Slovakia
          1 Singapore
          1 Serbia
          1 Poland
          1 Mongolia
          1 Malaysia
          1 Kenya
          1 Kazakhstan
          1 Hungary
          1 Ghana
          1 Egypt
          1 Cambodia
          1 Belgium
          1 Bangladesh
          1 Austria

Leibniz

Comment

• As the interwebs are now saying, the Russians have hacked Rolling Stone. How else to explain this column?

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
              I found the list of IP's used in the attack, as provided in CSV file in the Cert report (here)

45 China
              44 the United States
              19 the Netherlands
              14 Germany
              11 France
              8 Sweden
              8 South Korea
              6 Thailand
              6 Japan
              6 Canada
              5 Denmark
              4 Romania
              3 Vietnam
              3 Turkey
              3 the United Kingdom
              3 Taiwan
              3 Swaziland
              3 Spain
              3 Puerto Rico
              3 Mexico
              3 Italy
              3 Indonesia
              3 Bulgaria
              2 Russia
              2 Luxembourg
              2 Lithuania
              2 Iraq
              2 Iran
              2 India
              2 Greece
              2 Finland
              2 Estonia
              2 Czech Republic
              2 Brazil
              1 Venezuela
              1 United Kingdom
              1 Ukraine
              1 the Slovakia
              1 Singapore
              1 Serbia
              1 Poland
              1 Mongolia
              1 Malaysia
              1 Kenya
              1 Kazakhstan
              1 Hungary
              1 Ghana
              1 Egypt
              1 Cambodia
              1 Belgium
              1 Bangladesh
              1 Austria
              Those 44 coming from USA, mate. Explains closing of two spying facilities the Russians had on US soil.
              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

I am not aware that "hacking the election" is what is claimed... 'Hacking the election' would imply some attempt to manipulate the vote count itself or something of the voting and counting process (this they actually attempted in the Ukrainian Presidential Election in May 2014) and I do not think anyone is claiming that this was the case. It would be more accurate to say they hacked the DNC (and some Republicans that we know of) and then released selected chosen bits in an attempt to interfere in the election campaign. Not the same as 'hacking the election' technically though the effects may be similar.
                Oh, but that is exactly what is claimed. You're entirely correct of course that implies direct influence over the vote and that's not what happened. But "hacking the election" is what the narrative is anyway... uncritically regurgitated by the same people STILL whining about HRC losing.

Comment

I refer you to Crowdstrike's findings. The FBI/DHS report is about modus operandi more than anything else which fits other hacks elsewhere we know were Moscow based. The whole thing stinks; seriously I am no Obama fan in any way but when Trump calls on Moscow to hack to the Clinton campaign... and it seems highly likely at least that they did, you would dismiss it and "move on"? Do you have some reason to distrust ALL your intelligence agencies? This isn't about Party politics; it's about having a criminal organisation posing as a Government interfere in your election. I understand that such things may be somewhat novel to you Yanks and nobody woke you up but this war has been going on at least - or rather never stopped after the USSR fell apart and you got attacked. My involvement is relatively recent obviously but I know enough of the signs and when it looks like a pig, snorts like a pig and smells like a pig my working hypothesis must be that it is a pig. Where Moscow is concerned 'coincidences' are all too frequent.
                  Wikileaks revealed the hacked email before Trump "called" for a hack.
                  (Uhhh....no he didn't really. More Democrat *ahem* hack bullshit)

Seriously, your posts throughout the last few years indicate a deep hatred of Putin and I understand that with what he put your country through.

But I am more interested in facts than anything else.

Did the Russians hack the Democrats? Yeah, probably.

Did they try to hack anything else? Yeah, a shitload of places. If you read the report, you'd know that.

So don't make it sound like they got all these boatloads of information from everywhere and only released certain things to help Trump and hurt Clinton.

I'm seriously wondering if you would be this passionate about this issue if if were the Chinese rather than the Russians that did the hacking.
                  Last edited by YellowFever; 31 Dec 16,, 03:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                    As the interwebs are now saying, the Russians have hacked Rolling Stone. How else to explain this column?
                    It's typical lefty "journalism".

You bash one side over and over and over and put out 1 or 2 of these articles a year to cover their asses in case someone accuses them of partiality.

They have something to point to as their evidence that proves they are impartial.

....but you know that already. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                      Did the Russians hack the Democrats? Yeah, probably.

Did they try to hack anything else? Yeah, a shitload of places. If you read the report, you'd know that.

So don't make it sound like they got all these boatloads of information from everywhere and only released certain things to help Trump and hurt Clinton.
                      Did they attempt to interfere with your election? That is the basis of the new sanctions and expulsions. I tend to think they did and therefore believe the latest measures justified. I do not 'hate Putin' and am not scared of his mob but I do understand them perhaps.

Comment

Did they attempt to interfere with your election? That is the basis of the new sanctions and expulsions. I tend to think they did and therefore believe the latest measures justified. I do not 'hate Putin' and am not scared of his mob but I do understand them perhaps.
                        Even lefty media is not as certain as you are. Yes, you wear everything from Moscow is bad glasses, because otherwise you tend to be very rational person.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• My rationality (or lack of) is not the issue. We know who these people are. Look at the hacks done by 'Fancy Bear'; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fancy_Bear . This is not about me - or yellow or any other one person but about a deliberate attempt to interfere with the democratic process in the US. Whether it materially effected the outcome of the election is not the point; it was an attack to which Obama was justified (and in my book late) in replying. What did Trump have to say about it?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 18h18 hours ago

Great move on delay (by V. Putin) - I always knew he was very smart!
                          What? He is defending the crooks who attacked the system that elected him? Seriously if I had a colleague behaving like this I would start to wonder if he/she had been turned. I understand that the Yanks are not used to this and that it's an unwelcome wake up call which they wish they could ignore or chose not to believe but to do nothing or to answer with further appeasement - which has been Obama's option of choice most of the time - won't make the problem go away but will rather encourage this gang of criminals who are already responsible for so many crimes. It may not be nice doing it but only when you face facts can you start to get ahead.

Comment

• Let's rinse and repeat.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...14#post1019014

Comment

What? He is defending the crooks who attacked the system that elected him?
                              Because what we actually need is more ratcheting up of hostilities between two nuclear powers just to allay Obama's rage that he has to leave power. Yup.

Leibniz

Comment

• According to the MSNBC video, 52 percent of Democrats believe Russians actually got into the voting machines and hacked it.

Wonder where they got that idea.....
                                I would pay money for that like button. Bottom of the line is someone hacked the DNC filth files and they need a ready and credible witch hunt, turn reporting into propoganda for the party faithful, and expect the general public to believe it. Lol. Fake news.
                                Ego Numquam

Comment

Working...
                                X