Alabama Cops ATTACKED and PARALYZED Indian Grandfather by using excessive force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
    Are there any stats of how many NE guys attacked in Delhi is racist?
    Are you stupid?

The NE racism issue has become like the case of the boy who cried wolf. It has been over done. You can pull a 30min sensational show out of your ass for higher TV ratings but not statistics. NDTVs nitin gokhale tries to put it very subtly
    NORTHEAST MONOLOGUES: What according to you would be the major challenges for the Northeast in the next decade?

Nitin Gokhale: The biggest challenge the North East faces, in my personal view, is to overcome "We are the victims" mindset that dominates the public discourse in the region.

Comment

Back to topic,

This cop had no idea that he was going to became a national headline. Idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        Its a rough metric.
        There is no understanding in this case. yesterday it was this grandfather, who will it be next time. Many more locals than foreigners so chances are good it will be a local. White people won't make the news. They must have deserved it
        Kuku, this incident was not racist.
        Its not a rough matrix, or a complex one.

This is racist, a cop slamming an old guy who is not a threat to anyone does not happen as a norm, a person who is that idiotic should not be in any professional police force, you guys are not looking at it for what it is for some crazy ass reason i do not understand.

You present a crazy police force that is slamming old guys to the ground and breaking their spine, shooting unarmed people on the streets like a dog, chocking to death mental patients who can not be coherent at any time, and this is happening in a developed nation, what a bunch of morons, people in the USA should address this, its just stupid.
        Last edited by kuku; 16 Feb 15,, 20:15.

Comment

If one has to dig - racist crimes in India would top. Are there any stats of how many NE guys attacked in Delhi is racist? How many policemen refuse to file an FIR for a crime committed? Why North India is such a hellhole? In the end, it all boils down to effective policing and policies.
          NE guys are attached in Delhi, yes, because of racism!!!, you can increase the amount of police tomorrow to 50 times, it will still keep happening, people remain ignorant, the police you increase 50 times will also be racist, because you draw them from the same pool.
          This is a human problem present in all nations accept it, address it, about time.

North, East, West, South, India in all directions resembles a hell hole, with water available 2-3 hours a day, poorest solid waste management in the world, poorest health standards in the world, poorest sewage management in the world, and as a result most of India in all directions smells like shit 24*7, with mosquitoes flying around in hordes spreading all sorts of diseases (unless its too hot or too cold for them to survive), if the mosquitoes done get you with the poorest police to people ratio a criminal will (as soon as they get the chance), but that will only happen if you survive the worst management and most intense traffic in the world..... its crazy really, but we are trying to improve it one day at a time.

It is because of a lot of things which can all be eventually be traced down to "too many problems, not enough money, and too much corruption", the solution lies in "reducing population, increasing GDP, and reducing corruption". And no matter what we do, if we keep fucking so many new mouths into existence, nothing can help us.

A person with somewhat mongloid features is called a bahadur, nepadi, gurkha, chinki, and made fun of all across India (in places with out a permanent large population with mongloid features), including the Southern States.
          That is the stupid way it is, and its not acceptable, we should start to improve it all cross the globes....
          Last edited by kuku; 16 Feb 15,, 20:37.

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
            North, East, West, South, India in all directions resembles a hell hole, with water available 2-3 hours a day, poorest solid waste management in the world, poorest health standards in the world, poorest sewage management in the world, and as a result most of India in all directions smells like shit 24*7, with mosquitoes flying around in hordes spreading all sorts of diseases (unless its too hot or too cold for them to survive), if the mosquitoes done get you with the poorest police to people ratio a criminal will (as soon as they get the chance), but that will only happen if you survive the worst management and most intense traffic in the world..... its crazy really, but we are trying to improve it one day at a time.
            I'll admit that I've never been to India, but isn't that a little harsh?
            Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
              My last four police encounters in the us:

1. accident in which I was rear ended at a stop light. Officers were perfectly professional.
              2 and 3. Stopped by chp late at night when they thought I was dozing off. Officers nice and helpful even though I was tired and grumpy, left aftr making sure I was properly wake (which was very helpful).
              4. Accidentally ran a red light attending a conference in sf. Motorcycle officer launched into a rant about idiot convention goers, I was sheepishly apologetic. Guy left without giving a ticket or even getting off his bike.
              Man...that "white privilege" comes in handy

I'm just yanking your chain. Are you white? I forgot.

I'm guessing most encounters between police officers and law abiding citizens end like this. The trouble comes when you have the rogue officet or rogue department. Then the citizen could have lots of trouble clearing his name or getting redress. That's why transpaency is essential. Body cams and cruiser cams enhance transparency and police work. No excuse not to use them.
              Most encounters are non-stories. There's nothing to report if nothing out of the ordinary happened. No one wants to see a cop talking to a guy and then both leave the scene peacefully. That makes a hell of a boring news headline:

Cop converses with a member of the public. NOTHING HAPPENED! We'll bring you the full story after these messages.

I don't know about you but I'm flipping channel to the re-run of Sharknado 2.

Well...My TV would be on Sharknado 2 already...but still....
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                Nope its pretty much true. Take for example Bangalore which has much more tax revenue compares to most places. Just type Bangalore Garbage Crisis into google.
                The scumbag politicians encroached and stole all of the planned landfill sites. So now only one single place is left. Here also there is no proper waste management.
                The people near it suffer dreadfully from polluted water, air and everything else.

In the same way there is a huge water shortage problem. Even in my relatively ok middle class area we are lucky to get Cauvery water (pumped supply of river water) for 2 or 3 hours. Most places have permanently dry pipes.
                There is huge wastage from leaky pipes and rampant unchecked theft.
                Groundwater is near totally depleted thanks to uncounted thousands of illegal borewells. Some of the richest most powerful people in the city are the water mafia who control private tanker trucks that people are obliged to buy water from.
                Add to this water contamination and pollution. Here is an old article from 2013, god knows how bad it is now.
                http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...cle1607801.ece

None of the scum in the government give a shit.
                Last edited by bolo121; 17 Feb 15,, 01:05.
                For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

As AR stated, the majority of cops in the US are great guys.

But law enforcement is no different than any other organization. All have, what we in the Corps refer to as that 10%. That small group of people that cause 90% of the problems.

This article seems to back that up

5 percent of arresting NYPD officers make 40 percent of all resisting arrest charges

A shocking 72 percent of all resisting arrest charges are brought by only 15 percent of the NYPD. Resisting arrest is a charge that is often used to cover the use of excessive force by police. Why else would Darvell Elliot have wound up in a hospital bed after he had been handcuffed by Officer Donald Sadowy outside of Elliot's Brownsville home? In a case of mistaken identity (all black men look the same to some police officers) the police stopped him because a black man had stolen an iPod and cellphone in the area. He claims that once they handcuffed him, they tripped him and beat him. The picture his lawyer provided WNYC appears to back up his complaint.
                  The NYPD has used computer software for years to track crime in its jurisdiction. But apparently it hasn't taken advantage of data to deal with abusive cops. According to WNYC, one officer, Donald Sadowy, has been sued for excessive force 10 times in just over two years.

Historically, the department has done more to crack down on corrupt cops than abusive ones, said Robert Kane, director of the criminology and justice studies program at Drexel University, who spent several years studying officer misconduct in the NYPD.
                  He says cops like Sadowy are on the street because the NYPD wants them there.

“I would only expect that officer to be taken off the street if the organization didn’t value the aggressive behavior in which that officer typically engages,” Kane said.

Why do 60 percent of police officers never need to make the charge? Could it be that the NYPD relies on shock troop officers to provide the threat that makes most citizens compliant? If not, why does the NYPD allow them to remain on the street?
                  As Darvell Elliot put it:

“He thinks we’re the danger. But you’re the danger. You’re supposed to protect and serve us,” Elliott said a year later. “We’re not supposed to be scared of you. We’re supposed to be safe around you.”
                  Attached Files

Comment

My last four police encounters in the us:

1. accident in which I was rear ended at a stop light. Officers were perfectly professional.
                    2 and 3. Stopped by chp late at night when they thought I was dozing off. Officers nice and helpful even though I was tired and grumpy, left aftr making sure I was properly wake (which was very helpful).
                    4. Accidentally ran a red light attending a conference in sf. Motorcycle officer launched into a rant about idiot convention goers, I was sheepishly apologetic. Guy left without giving a ticket or even getting off his bike.

I'm guessing most encounters between police officers and law abiding citizens end like this.
                    As for my experiences in the US yeah.

i remember once staggering out of the train and walking home. I was hammerd and couldn't even walk straight. There's this cop car following me slowly behind. They figure they will nab me if i get into my car. This went on for about 300 yards. I then noticed them and smiled and told them i lived nearby and had no car. Incidentally, if you are in such a state and make it to your car. You are expected to make sure you cant get to your car keys otherwise they can do you from drunk driving if your keys are accessible. Throw your keys in the bushes or in the boot and retrieve them when you sober up. They can't charge you.

A friend of mine was driving back in NJ. A bt high after a party. Sees a red light and stops at the intersection. Only thing is he missed the red light and stops on the other side, as in just after the intersection. Cop shows up, friend insists he stopped at the red light. Cops smiles asks him where he lives and turns out its just up the street. Cops lets him go and tells him not to drink and drive again.

The trouble comes when you have the rogue officet or rogue department. Then the citizen could have lots of trouble clearing his name or getting redress. That's why transpaency is essential. Body cams and cruiser cams enhance transparency and police work. No excuse not to use them.
                    yep, and one guy can mess it up for everybody. It happens.
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 17 Feb 15,, 01:20.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                      40% of police spouses report being abused. if you will abuse your spouse, you will abuse a civilian... 40% of all cops are dirty at a minimum. There there is whatever percentage don't beat their spouses but engage in other criminal conduct- theft, rape, assault.... Add in the huge number of cops, the fact that we have so many laws that just about anyone can be charged at any time and to top it off, massive surveillance and that any violation of any statue can be an arrestable offense and what you get is a police state to make Stalin drool.
                      To be fair, both of the studies I found that say that were from 1992. At the same time spouse abuse nationwide was 34%.

I doubt it is as high now. Spouse abuse went way down after 1994. Especially since anyone convicted of spouse abuse loses their gun rights. That kicked lots of people out of the military, I'm sure it did the same for LE

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Cop converses with a member of the public. NOTHING HAPPENED!
                        That's been 100% of my encounters with the police.

I had one cop try to provoke me just a little into backtalking him. Instead, I "killed him with kindness" and wound up having him forget about 1 of the 2 tickets he was going to give me.

Another time, a cop pulled me and another driver over at the exact same time, for the exact same offense.
                        The other driver was a 60ish white guy driving a Cadillac. I won't bore you with the details but the old guy's bad attitude and my positive attitude resulted in one of us getting a ticket and the other getting off with a warning.

Yet another time I was driving through South Carolina on my way back home in another state. I was speeding and got pulled over by a thoroughly "good ol boy" looking local cop. I knew I was looking at a guaranteed ticket, but also figured there was even odds that he'd shake me down for everything he could simply because I lived out-of-state. I was my usual politely cooperative and respectful citizen and drove away with yet another warning.

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
                        Nope its pretty much true.
                        Wow...I can't imagine living in that kind of viscous circle.
                        Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                          To be fair, both of the studies I found that say that were from 1992. At the same time spouse abuse nationwide was 34%.

I doubt it is as high now. Spouse abuse went way down after 1994. Especially since anyone convicted of spouse abuse loses their gun rights. That kicked lots of people out of the military, I'm sure it did the same for LE
                          I'm not so sure 1. cops don't investigate cops, 2. romantic partners know the cops know where the shelters are and no the cops will side with the abuser. Sexual misconduct allegations are still the second most common complaint leveled by citizens against cops so misogyny seems to be alive and well.

Comment

1. cops don't investigate cops
                            Uh, Internal Affairs?

Comment

I'm not so sure 1. cops don't investigate cops, 2. romantic partners know the cops know where the shelters are and no the cops will side with the abuser. Sexual misconduct allegations are still the second most common complaint leveled by citizens against cops so misogyny seems to be alive and well.
                              As it was mentioned above, there's Internal Affairs and then there investigations conducted by other agencies such as the Feds or the State police. Cops do investigate cops and not just for serious issues. Issues such as traffic crashes involving a police vehicle and use of any type of force and much more.

I'm confused by the post... are you trying to say that the police side with the abuser in a domestic violence situation?

You are correct in that sexual misconduct complaints are are not uncommon (not sure what data you pulled to get the 2nd highest, I haven't looked into it myself). However, the key word is "Allegations." I am not saying they do not happen, because obviously they do (Law Enforcement isn't the only profession where this is true). However, there are countless false allegations that are proven wrong. There are many actions taken to make sure you have evidence to prove an allegation false.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                                It is the harsh truth from the POV of someone who wants India to rapidly improve. I am in that camp, any pace of progress is not enough and we need to push harder just to reach decent international standards.

But if you do visit, you should be fairly comfortable as long as you are on a first world budget. Just avoid the urges to "do as the natives do" and stick to the larger cities with their malls, places to visit and stuff.

If you do indeed want to be uncomfortable, then, well...
                                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X