Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards by US.US firm found guilty of underpaying Indians at $1.22 an hour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
    No, It was a investigation that spanned 10 years. All those charged were diplomats. Most had already left the country.

Russian diplomats accused of $1.5M Medicaid fraud

US charges 49 Russian diplomats with Medicaid fraud worth $1.5mn ? RT News
    GG, so there were 49 diplomats including the spouse and the children of the diplomats or it was 49 diplomats plus their family ? 49 with diplomatic status seems awfully high ? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
      Of course they are. They are an Industrialized nation, for crying out loud, with factories that are still on older technologies. They will take time to change over. Also, the US govt. does not control their own economy unlike the GOI. If the US Govt. starts forcing rules down everybody else's throat, they are going to up and leave, exactly what has been happening. GOI has much greater control on the economy, like the PSUs, for example
      I agree AM, they are a well industrialized nation and hence I am saying if they themselves couldn't achieve a significant success they expect India to change things drastically. That's all I am pointing out. They being a capitalistic one than India I can understand they have hurdles, but so do we in our own way. What are the PSU's that you think will help a great lot, Railways ? they are already Electric and only a very few run on diesel. BHEL ? they are like very rare , yeah they could possibly change. But what else ? Even other countries didn't agree with their rules they left. So that should be a wake up call for the US.

We are spending 3500 crore on a stupid ass statue. There are other ways to honor Sardar Patel, by starting some clean initiatives on his name
      As much as I want to disagree with you unfortunately this has been something that I didn't have much of liking myself. A statue is well and good, but that much money ?. Hopefully this is a isolated case.

We are going to the moon and Mars. We need to be able to figure this out
      We are getting there. Soon we will be able to.

All the more reason to smarten up.
      If managed well that is our biggest asset. But yeah agree with you on that part, people should wisen up. But with the current economy raising a child in India is not cheaper. Many have already switched to the one child policy voluntarily. Soon the growth rate might not be this high , not THIS much atleast. Lets see how things will be down the line.

Yes, I am aware of the ground realities, and yet, we place coal as the most likely source for generating power.
      Cheaper ?

So where are the Teslas and the Priuses?
      Again, technology, also those that can afford a Tesla in the US are high because of the per capita income and being cheap. But in India it would be much costlier.

Ever heard of the Prius? Want to know how many I see on my daily drive?
      Guess you work/stay in a very good neighbourhood.

Your hope is quite endearing. Tell me, when solar prices have been going down worldwide, why are they sky high in India? have you looked at the import duty + anti dumping duty + myriad other duties on solar panel imports? And what the local manufacturing doing? Why does the govt. not subsidize solar panel manufacturing to the extent that the US and Chinese govt.s do?
      We are slowly making progress on that front. Rome isn't built in a day. In the future possible, not now though. Which is my point.

I expect household in India to catch the throats of Indian politicians when their own throats start burning from the noxious fumes. your knowledge of the ground realities within the US are limited. Various US states (as well as the Federal govt.) offer decent subsidies for manufacture and consumption of solar equipment. However, all areas (like my own area in the Pacific North West) cannot take the advantage of solar the same way. But the laws and mechanisms are there.
      You should know in India global warming is only an internet topic but ground realities are very different. Laws and mechanisms are there and a government should be able to push other options too. Wind power with a vast plain area will prove useful. Anyway I am not a expert, but just guessing.

Please take the US out of your mind for one tiny second. Screw what US says or does, India needs to clean up for her own sake, and not just by doing a Swacch Bharat (Clean India).
      Agreed, and we will . I never said we shouldn't .

Comment

• Originally posted by commander View Post
        I agree AM, they are a well industrialized nation and hence I am saying if they themselves couldn't achieve a significant success they expect India to change things drastically. That's all I am pointing out. They being a capitalistic one than India I can understand they have hurdles, but so do we in our own way. What are the PSU's that you think will help a great lot, Railways ? they are already Electric and only a very few run on diesel. BHEL ? they are like very rare , yeah they could possibly change. But what else ? Even other countries didn't agree with their rules they left. So that should be a wake up call for the US.

As much as I want to disagree with you unfortunately this has been something that I didn't have much of liking myself. A statue is well and good, but that much money ?. Hopefully this is a isolated case.

We are getting there. Soon we will be able to.

If managed well that is our biggest asset. But yeah agree with you on that part, people should wisen up. But with the current economy raising a child in India is not cheaper. Many have already switched to the one child policy voluntarily. Soon the growth rate might not be this high , not THIS much atleast. Lets see how things will be down the line.

Cheaper ?

Again, technology, also those that can afford a Tesla in the US are high because of the per capita income and being cheap. But in India it would be much costlier.

Guess you work/stay in a very good neighbourhood.

We are slowly making progress on that front. Rome isn't built in a day. In the future possible, not now though. Which is my point.

You should know in India global warming is only an internet topic but ground realities are very different. Laws and mechanisms are there and a government should be able to push other options too. Wind power with a vast plain area will prove useful. Anyway I am not a expert, but just guessing.

Agreed, and we will . I never said we shouldn't .
        Commander,

Here is my essential problem with your position.

When I break it down into specifics (CNG, solar, hyrbids) you agree with every one of them, yet on a larger level you are unwilling to have India sign on to a vision of a environmental cleanup, because you see it as a US led diktat.

Am I correct in this?

My point is that regardless of who is leading the global charge, it would be beneficial for India to get on this bandwagon, as our current ways are unsustainable not only for the planet but also for us. Screw what the US is doing/ not doing, if we continue down the current path we will face pollution, water stress as well as energy unsustainability issues. Its not for the US, or for the earth of for anyone else. It is for us
        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

GG, so there were 49 diplomats including the spouse and the children of the diplomats or it was 49 diplomats plus their family ? 49 with diplomatic status seems awfully high ? Just curious.
          Why do you think 49 with diplomat status seems high?

The US kicked out 50 Russian Diplomats all at once back in the Bush days for spying

U.S. Expels 50 Russian Diplomats - ABC News

here is the list of the credentialed Russian Diplomats at the Embassy in Washington. A bit more than 50.
          And remember that these offenses took place over a 10 year period.

Diplomatic List | Embassy of the Russian Federation to the United States of America

In this link the List of Russian Diplomats recognized by the United States goes from the bottom of page 76 to the end of the page 79

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/227828.pdf
          Last edited by Gun Grape; 01 Nov 14,, 02:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
            Commander,

Here is my essential problem with your position.

When I break it down into specifics (CNG, solar, hyrbids) you agree with every one of them, yet on a larger level you are unwilling to have India sign on to a vision of a environmental cleanup, because you see it as a US led diktat.

Am I correct in this?

My point is that regardless of who is leading the global charge, it would be beneficial for India to get on this bandwagon, as our current ways are unsustainable not only for the planet but also for us. Screw what the US is doing/ not doing, if we continue down the current path we will face pollution, water stress as well as energy unsustainability issues. Its not for the US, or for the earth of for anyone else. It is for us
            I agree with you on what needs to be done. All I am saying is not now. Let us build a platform first then we can build on it. But we need that platform badly. I was only pointing out how some of US policies contradicts with it's actions.

Comment

I agree with you on what needs to be done. All I am saying is not now. Let us build a platform first then we can build on it. But we need that platform badly. I was only pointing out how some of US policies contradicts with it's actions.
              How many of your countrymen are you willing to sacrifice to build that platform? Air pollution is the #5 killer in India now

Centre for Science and Environment

Comment

• Antimony: Ever heard of the Prius? Want to know how many I see on my daily drive?

Commander: Guess you work/stay in a very good neighbourhood.

Wait, what?

As Antimony has tried to tell you, your knowledge of the ground realities within the US is limited and this is a good example.

I assume from your statement that you think that only people in "very good neighbourhoods" are either able or willing to buy a Toyota Prius, due to a supposedly high price?

This is simply incorrect. The Prius is everywhere in the United States.

As of last month, the U.S. accounted for almost half of all Prius sales in the world, with 1.7 million "Prii" sold since 2000.
                In 2012 for example, out of 260+ different models, the Prius was the 14th most sold model car in the U.S.

As for price, the average amount paid for a brand new Prius is around $24,000, almost exactly on par with the enormously popular Toyota Camry and very affordable for a modest income family.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Aaahaha I wish it was possible, although if the cost of living is under control one can get along well with a moderate salary, which will provide a lot of our countrymen with jobs who don't have any source of income at all. I am not saying we don't need high paying jobs but just that to develop our country as long as inflation and CoL is kept in check we can work something out.
                  You have answered your own question. India does not sit at the Supowerpower table because she has NOT EARNED her seat at the Superpower table. Frankly, neither has China.
                  Chimo

Comment

Actually I have a question. Is your education so focus that you cannot take on other facts? The one failing of the Four Tigers! They have no iniatitive!
                    Chimo

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                      Antimony: Ever heard of the Prius? Want to know how many I see on my daily drive?

Commander: Guess you work/stay in a very good neighbourhood.

Wait, what?

As Antimony has tried to tell you, your knowledge of the ground realities within the US is limited and this is a good example.

I assume from your statement that you think that only people in "very good neighbourhoods" are either able or willing to buy a Toyota Prius, due to a supposedly high price?

This is simply incorrect. The Prius is everywhere in the United States.

As of last month, the U.S. accounted for almost half of all Prius sales in the world, with 1.7 million "Prii" sold since 2000.
                      In 2012 for example, out of 260+ different models, the Prius was the 14th most sold model car in the U.S.

As for price, the average amount paid for a brand new Prius is around $24,000, almost exactly on par with the enormously popular Toyota Camry and very affordable for a modest income family.
                      In Indian rupees that comes to 14 Lakhs. With added costs that will be greater than 18 lakhs if not more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        You have answered your own question. India does not sit at the Supowerpower table because she has NOT EARNED her seat at the Superpower table. Frankly, neither has China.
                        Not sure how India can earn it. By developing our country ? that's what we are doing now. We don't need a super power table , yet. We will be there someday but definitely will be there ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                          Actually I have a question. Is your education so focus that you cannot take on other facts? The one failing of the Four Tigers! They have no iniatitive!
                          Sir, I did understand the argument facts or not can debated. I presented my POV doesn't mean i don't consider the argument.

Comment

How many of your countrymen are you willing to sacrifice to build that platform? Air pollution is the #5 killer in India now

Centre for Science and Environment
                            Recently talks about pollution in particular after reports came out that Delhi was the most polluted city. Even when crackers were burnt on Diwali it was critized. So we are working on it. We made the mess and we can fix it. Not necessarily you lose your countrymen.

Comment

Why do you think 49 with diplomat status seems high?

The US kicked out 50 Russian Diplomats all at once back in the Bush days for spying

U.S. Expels 50 Russian Diplomats - ABC News

here is the list of the credentialed Russian Diplomats at the Embassy in Washington. A bit more than 50.
                              And remember that these offenses took place over a 10 year period.

Diplomatic List | Embassy of the Russian Federation to the United States of America

In this link the List of Russian Diplomats recognized by the United States goes from the bottom of page 76 to the end of the page 79

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/227828.pdf
                              Wow, so many diplomats. SO then this confirms the US authorities intentionaly bullied India to help out the under dog, even knowing that would anger the Indian government. So why would they want to do that now.

Comment

Wow, so many diplomats. SO then this confirms the US authorities intentionaly bullied India to help out the under dog, even knowing that would anger the Indian government. So why would they want to do that now.
                                Son, BACK THE RIGHT OFF!

THE RUSSIANS WERE DIPLOMATS - BY LEGAL DEFINITIONS.

DK WAS A COUNCILOR - BY LEGLA DEFINITIONS!

PERIOD! DK WAS NOT A DIPLOMAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY! The US, the host country, HAS NEVER RECOGNIZED HER AS A DIPLOMAT! PERIOD!
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X