Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards by US.US firm found guilty of underpaying Indians at $1.22 an hour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
    Yup I made a mistake. But my mistake months ago doesn't excuse someone deliberate acts today.
    Then start following your goddamn advice! You were the one crying reverse racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      Then start following your goddamn advice! You were the one crying reverse racism.
      I wasn't crying, I was pointing out your race baiting. That you can't see it is sad, you've been here for years and are full member and have been showing all the privileges of an old timer without anyone caring what color you are but you still run around with a chip on shoulder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
        Given who started the thread & why that shouldn't come as much surprise. When someone digs a cesspit we shouldn't be surprised at what happens next.

I'm not sure if I was included in this (don't know if 'respected' applies ) but I'm happy to explain my explain my post. TH covered most of what I would say about BM & his behaviour, so I'll be brief. I'm not a fan of racial epithets, even when they are packaged in weasel words like 'colonial mentality' designed to allow for deniability. This sort of thing is never more than a few posts away with BM and it isn't just me who cops it. I could descend into the sort of inchoate rage that produces this behaviour, but I'm content to make fun and call out the behaviour for what it is.

Sorry if that is dragging the tone down a bit, but I can't imagine many posters being as polite about something like this. I'm also curious what you think would happen if a white poster repeatedly abused Indians based on their ethnicity. I have a fair idea how I would respond, and it wouldn't be as politely as I have so far. I don't want to make life any more difficult for the Mods, so I'll leave it there.
        You were the one being the weasel when you tossed out that oblique reference to the colonial past when you stated "surely only a savage and brutal people clinging to the bottom rung of civilization would pay so low a wage" and combined with your other weasely post from another tread referring to my view on the British Raj and tying it somehow to racism against whites and tying that to any criticism I had of certain US policies, it is not a stretch of imagination to infer that you were playing games and being two faced about it. In effect, you were employing some variations of the racism card in a thinly disguised attempt to ridicule my posts on this thread. If you can't come forth with a coherent counterargument, you resort to these kind of games. And that seems to be your modi operandi. So I played your game and called you out on it. And guess what? You and zraver started crying and bitching racism.

I see right through you and I am not afraid to call it out on you. You are perfectly welcome to cry hoarsely and bitch racism all you want. It just shows that you got nothing worthwhile to contribute.
        Last edited by Blademaster; 29 Oct 14,, 16:16.

Comment

I wasn't crying, I was pointing out your race baiting. That you can't see it is sad, you've been here for years and are full member and have been showing all the privileges of an old timer without anyone caring what color you are but you still run around with a chip on shoulder.
          And it is pathetic to see that you still haven't gotten it and that you think I was race baiting. You have been completely oblivious to the context my posts were in and you conveniently other posters such as BF's blatantly race baiting. Check out his first post on the thread. That should have been obviously your first clue. Please spare me your self gratitious advice to know what is right or wrong considering your given track record. I remember when you came on this forum and you had this huge chip on your shoulder and getting int trouble several times on that account and you still haven't lost that chip.

Defending one's views and against baseless charges is not called having a chip on your shoulder. It is called standing up for yourself and not letting anybody paint the wrong picture of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
            You were the one being the weasel when you tossed out that oblique reference to the colonial past when you stated "surely only a savage and brutal people clinging to the bottom rung of civilization would pay so low a wage"
            He was talking about your view of the US not his views of India or Indians which is why you are the only one painting pictures of yourself.

Comment

He was talking about your view of the US not his views of India or Indians which is why you are the only one painting pictures of yourself.
              Yes and read on that other comment and you will see where I was coming from and how he was the one that played the racism card first. He pretty much tied my criticism of US policies to a viewpoint that I can only see wrong and think US is a bad country because I happen to disagree with the fact that British Raj was good for India and that somehow in BF's twisted/warped sense of logic, that somehow got translated into bigotry against other commonwealth countries and white people. And he parlayed that into a contempt and hatred for the US that I supposedly have.

And you, being the clueless idiot, picked up where he left off and played his game and started crying racism without actually knowing what the context was. So you are the one painting the wrong picture, not me. So bitch to BF, not to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                Stop it with the personal attacks. You have BM entirely wrong. He's been here since day 1.
                Seems you haven't read or are not interested in BM's replies to my posts. Don't patronize me. Been here since day 1? So what? He got the authority to insult and I don't? You really think I care? Do what you do best. This entitlement mentality needs to go.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                  Essentially, Blademaster, what you're saying is "I Have A Frothing Hatred For America (Even Though I Live And Work Here)"

How's that, am I in the ballpark? Why I don't get is why you simply don't come right out and say it?

Have a little moral honesty and just say what's actually seething underneath these "YOU'RE DOING IT TOO!!" posts.
                  Well said. Needs to be quoted and saved.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

You, Sir, made some of those rules.

Comment

Another gem, that I don't want to be buried in foregone threads years from now.

Comment

Yup I made a mistake. But my mistake months ago doesn't excuse someone deliberate acts today.
                        Your mistaken assumption about her caste wasn't my main point. It was the implicit accusation you made in that sentence. That was intentional. Since you are accusing others of race-baiting here, I thought it was pertinent to point out your own objectionable acts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          Seems you haven't read or are not interested in BM's replies to my posts. Don't patronize me.
                          Was referring to your second post in this thread. What was the need for 'poor & misinformed' lawyer' ? That is what i mean by personal attack. But there was more behind my comment and had to do previous threads where you threw others. This is what i'm asking you to stop.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          Been here since day 1? So what?
                          once you survive here a few more years you will understand. It ain't easy.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                          He got the authority to insult and I don't? You really think I care? Do what you do best. This entitlement mentality needs to go.
                          No authority or entitlement is implied. You can challenge any one, just make it a challenge.
                          Last edited by Double Edge; 29 Oct 14,, 22:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                            You, Sir, made some of those rules.
                            Nope, I merely codified them, we try to be a family here, as much as we might disagree. If someone is willing to devote enough time to write a small book- up to a multi-volume collection they are worth more than a newbie. I see by your own post count you've been an active member in the year you've been here, that is what this board needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                              Your mistaken assumption about her caste wasn't my main point. It was the implicit accusation you made in that sentence. That was intentional. Since you are accusing others of race-baiting here, I thought it was pertinent to point out your own objectionable acts.
                              To which when corrected I offered an immediate mea culpa, something others could learn from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                                Given who started the thread & why that shouldn't come as much surprise. When someone digs a cesspit we shouldn't be surprised at what happens next.
                                Right, and all of you wanted to follow him right into that.

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                                I'm not sure if I was included in this (don't know if 'respected' applies ) but I'm happy to explain my explain my post.
                                It was about Zraver, not about you.

TH covered most of what I would say about BM & his behaviour, so I'll be brief. I'm not a fan of racial epithets, even when they are packaged in weasel words like 'colonial mentality' designed to allow for deniability. This sort of thing is never more than a few posts away with BM and it isn't just me who cops it. I could descend into the sort of inchoate rage that produces this behaviour, but I'm content to make fun and call out the behaviour for what it is.
                                We all know BM. We have seen his posts and know where he stands. The reciprocity of Zraver in that manner was unexpected.

Sorry if that is dragging the tone down a bit, but I can't imagine many posters being as polite about something like this. I'm also curious what you think would happen if a white poster repeatedly abused Indians based on their ethnicity. I have a fair idea how I would respond, and it wouldn't be as politely as I have so far. I don't want to make life any more difficult for the Mods, so I'll leave it there.
                                Looks like you are saying that we brown boys have out easier than you white boys. Is that the way you want to go?
                                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X