Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards by US.US firm found guilty of underpaying Indians at $1.22 an hour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. DK was not a diplomat

2. Its often easier to fine a corporate person than prosecute a natural person in American business

3. watching BM have another meltdown is more entertaining than watching sportscasters try to avoid saying Redskins

4. If I made as many racist comments as he did I'd be banned, must be nice to have brown skin.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
      4. If I made as many racist comments as he did I'd be banned, must be nice to have brown skin.
      That is exactly what does NOT need to be said.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        This is a difficult one and needs careful handling.

The slightest development is amplified which then gets force multiplied with social media. Its so temporary and the next cycle hits and everything is forgotten and its 'entertain us' again. The english media is the worst offender. Regional i don't think is any where as bad.

if you dare say anything about it they will scream police state.

I saw a poll sometime back that went along the lines only 30% of westerners believe what they read or hear in the media whereas for Indians that figure is 70%.

The predominant media in India is TV, everybody watches it. internet and printed stuff is much less.

It will take time.
        Indeed, It was this feedback loop that boosted it up to such a high level.
        It became all about 'insult', and loss of face.
        For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          I will take vsdoc/doppelganger/SB any day any time of the week over Oracle. In fact, you are quite welcome to have Oracle since Oracle would play the part of a fawning bootlicker quite admirably to your narcissistic colonial image of yourself. Please give him a visa to your country. Both countries would be the better for it.
          Blademaster's Law: As an online discussion involving BM grows longer, the probability of a racist comment about white people or racist epithet directed at a white person approaches 1 —​ that is, if an online discussion involving BM (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later he will slip in a racist comment about white folk or racially abuse a board member. Once such a reference is made BM is deemed to have lost the argument.

Always a matter of when, not if.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            Essentially, Blademaster, what you're saying is "I Have A Frothing Hatred For America (Even Though I Live And Work Here)"

How's that, am I in the ballpark? Why I don't get is why you simply don't come right out and say it?

Have a little moral honesty and just say what's actually seething underneath these "YOU'RE DOING IT TOO!!" posts.
            TH, isn't a good citizen supposed to point out the flaws of his/her own government ? or is it that you play along with your government no matter what they do. Oh wait..... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
              There was a reason DK was moved to the UN mission. She didn't have immunity before. As to US diplomats being accorded similar courtesy in India. It's a courtesy after all and not law. It's good that this discrepancy was rectified later. Balance to the force was restored.
              Because IIRC at that time it was contested since it was 'outside' the embassy premises she loses her immunity and not the immunity itself or something of that sort. Hence India moved her to a UN mission, I maybe wrong but this is what I can remember from top of my head.

So they simply did it because they thought India was meek. They sure showed us!
              Well they did show us a lot of times before if you can remember, Dr. Kalam was frisked in the airport too. DK incident was the icing on the cake where a Indian women was ass raped in a US jail.

Comment

1. DK was not a diplomat

2. Its often easier to fine a corporate person than prosecute a natural person in American business

3. watching BM have another meltdown is more entertaining than watching sportscasters try to avoid saying Redskins

1. Yes she was and it was still contended by the US authorities, about it's technicality on her being a grade below or whatever.

2. Shows you have two rule books. One for your own folks and the other for your guests. Sure have it your way.

4. Oh the irony

Comment

And just to remind some of the folks here, in the old thread there were even citations from your own rule book where it was not necessary to do a cavity search but still your law enforcement gone ahead with that all the while without knowing she is a Diplomat, oh the arrogance. THAT is the issue, me and BM are not supporting DK for what she did but rather how she was treated for such petty issues. What she did is absolutely wrong, no questions about it.

Comment

The accusation of a cavity search was done by DK. The US Marshalls have stated that all they have done was a strip search as per procedure for all suspects, no exceptions. A cavity search is only done when warranted for contraband of which DK was not suspected.
                    Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by commander View Post
                      TH, isn't a good citizen supposed to point out the flaws of his/her own government ?
                      If I thought for one second that was Blademaster's motivation for these threads, I'd say you have a point. But because it's blindingly obvious what his motivation is, I'd say you don't.

News reports posts here in threads that demonstrate systemic and highly embarrassing problems with India are a festering source of rage to him. As I said before, it practically pours out of him like steam from a teakettle.
                      He can't dismiss those posts as false propaganda so he has to resort to Tu Quoque retorts, attacking Western countries when similarly embarrassing examples pop up in there as well.

Otherwise known as the "And You Are Lynching Negroes" defense.

His hatred for the West, personified in the United States and to a lesser extent Great Britain (bonus points for Commonwealth countries) is manifest in his snarling comments about BigFella's supposed "narcissistic colonial image"

As well, an Indian that supports or agrees with the West in this regard is usually dismissed with venom as a "fawning bootlicker", like Oracle.

I don't know if you or he has noticed or not but his motivations are more than clear to just about anybody reading his posts. THAT'S the kind of moral honesty that I'd like him to show. Not his pious (but obviously fake) defense of "dissidence is a very American trait and steeped into the soul and character of America and its ideals." He doesn't give a single shit about "very American traits", nor the "soul and character of America and its ideals". I'd just like to see him admit that for a change.

or is it that you play along with your government no matter what they do. Oh wait..... ;)
                      So much easier to frame this into a nice neat black-and-white argument isn't it.

Because in his (and yours, apparently) world, the only alternative is to be a "rah rah cheerleader" for the U.S., right? ;)
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

If I thought for one second that was Blademaster's motivation for these threads, I'd say you have a point. But because it's blindingly obvious what his motivation is, I'd say you don't.

News reports posts here in threads that demonstrate systemic and highly embarrassing problems with India are a festering source of rage to him. As I said before, it practically pours out of him like steam from a teakettle.
                        He can't dismiss those posts as false propaganda so he has to resort to Tu Quoque retorts, attacking Western countries when similarly embarrassing examples pop up in there as well.

TH, IMV I have seen western posters in WAB and much more IRL with attitude towards any issue you(not you ofc) say "3rd World country" has. The sort of Holier-than-thou attitude even though you(again not you) fail to acknowledge that the same flaws plague your country too. It's that attitude that's the problem that invokes the "you have shit on yourself too" comment when someone tries to deal us with the kind of high handedness.

As well, an Indian that supports or agrees with the West in this regard is usually dismissed with venom as a "fawning bootlicker", like Oracle.
                        I don't want to talk about you-know-who. But I have to give an example for that, he was more than happy to be under colonial rule than be in a republic India. His resent for anything India was evident in so many posts so much so he argued many a times for the sake of it. I will stop here as I don't want to get into mud slinging.

I don't know if you or he has noticed or not but his motivations are more than clear to just about anybody reading his posts. THAT'S the kind of moral honesty that I'd like him to show. Not his pious (but obviously fake) defense of "dissidence is a very American trait and steeped into the soul and character of America and its ideals." He doesn't give a single shit about "very American traits", nor the "soul and character of America and its ideals". I'd just like to see him admit that for a change.
                        Not something I am qualified to discuss since I am not a US citizen but I will say this, I think you and others are prejudiced when it comes to BM.

So much easier to frame this into a nice neat black-and-white argument isn't it.

Because in his (and yours, apparently) world, the only alternative is to be a "rah rah cheerleader" for the U.S., right? ;)
                        I am not saying you personally are one, although you are part of a society that makes that government. US government is solely responsible for the creation of almost all bigwig terrorist organizations that I can think of. The term and concept of good and bad terrorism was coined/developed by your own Intelligence agencies. Not saying there was nothing good done by the USA. As much good done by your country is trumped ten times over by all the bad things that it created. Atleast from outside of US (to some of us) it looks like the people are hand in hand with the wrongdoings of your government. If you are not protesting them then what do you want us to believe ? that you are protesting silently ?

Comment

1. DK was not a diplomat
                          Yes she was. Your assertion of DK not being a diplomat flies in the face of diplomatic credentials already established through the UN.

And that makes it ok to arrest and strip search an Indian diplomat?

Only in your dreams you would think I would be having a meltdown.

again you are so fond of using window dressing words when the substance was not there. What racial comments did I make? Flinging out claims that racist comments were made does not make it true as it has become your customary habit.

Comment

US government is solely responsible for the creation of almost all bigwig terrorist organizations that I can think of.
                            Such as Hamas, Hezbollah, PKK, LTTE, FARC, GIA, Boko Haram, LeT, Chechens and Naxalites? :whome:
                            Even for Taliban and Al-Qaeda the primary culprit is Pakistan and not US.

Comment

Who said I preferred you to be silent? Where did I say that? I didn't.
                              No but you were insinuating that I should not bring up past acts of duplicity by US. You keep harping on the alleged fact that I say " you did it too" when I am rebutting the moral position taken by some posters.

I don't give two shits when someone points out the duplicity of my country's actions. Facts are facts and I stand by them even when the United States has egg on it's face. You on the other hand are absolutely enraged when somebody points out a problem, systemic or not, with India. It practically pours out of you. Not sure if you've noticed or not but your (purported) pious and noble motives are amazingly transparent.
                              You have a very selective memory. In the past ten years, I have pointed out many problems with India including its policies. The only problem I had is when Minskaya started keeping track of all rapes occuring in India. If I did the same thing with US, believe me, you and many others would be calling for my head on the basis that I was trolling and bringing up rape news every time it happens in the US. There were at least 10 instances of rape that occured in US in the last several weeks and yet I didn't bring those up because it served no purpose. We already know that we have a rape problem in US and elsewhere. When I started questioning the motivation of Minskaya, I was told to shut up by you and by Oracle and by others.

Then when I started questioning the basis of US's actions and beliefs against others, you led the charge in trying to silence me by the very actions of questioning my motivations and then starting to question my loyalty and others.

Ohhhh where to begin.
                              My narcissistic view of the US and its policies? Sorry, no such thing. My eyes are wide open to the failings my country. Most Americans are in fact. When scandals occur, we hang our dirty laundry out for all to see. We don't immediately take to Internet message boards and scream about how bad other country's are too.
                              Ooooh where to begin.... let's start with the fact that when I questioned JD(sp?) point of view towards Russia and Crimea and I started pointing out counterexamples to show why his argument was not a good argument to begin with and you immediately jumped on my back and accused me of engaging in tuo quo blah arguments.

I don't know who deemed you unpatriotic or unAmerican. It certainly wasn't me. I asked when you were planning on coming right out and saying what you clearly feel but are wrapping in noble motives, most recently, "dissidence".
                              No but you strongly implied it in that personal attack.

Oh and your snide comparison of my Modship to the HUAC isn't earning you any points either. You've got something to say about my Moderating decisions or anything else to do with a Moderator's status, you can do it via PM. You don't bring it up in public. That's been a rule here long before I became a Moderator. But you know that already.
                              Then don't ever question my motivations or make insinuations about my loyalty in public. You opened that door, not me. When you said "what you're saying is "I Have A Frothing Hatred For America (Even Though I Live And Work Here)," you implied that I was unloyal and unpatriotic. That was an ad hominem attack and you, of all, should have known better and it has been a rule long before you became a moderator. You have higher standards to follow.

No, I was pining to be a message board moderator.
                              Ok then follow the standards expected of a moderator instead of engaging in ad hominem attacks when you implicitly questioned my loyalty.

Comment

And I say that you are oblivious to the point I was trying to make.

And you totally ignored the context that Minskaya was undergoing and the insinuations. The whole thing started when she stated that India was messed up and she conveniently left out the fact that those kind of rapes were not unique to India but also occurred in US and other countries. What she ignored the fact that India was doing something about it and not letting it be sweep under the rugs. And then she and you jumped on me for not willing to tolerate the criticisms.

You are really a piece of work.

And that gives you the right to sermonize other countries and lecture them on morality when our country has glaring failures? Or the fact that some of our actions have led to these kind of results that we wanted to avoid in the first place? You are really good at deflecting failures and moving the goalposts whenever it suited your narrative. As for dismissing false propaganda, you are doing a pretty good job of it when it comes to Russians trying to defend their country's viewpoints and using news articles.

Wow where did that come from? Now you are bringing up the lynching negroes defense. You are just pulling shit out of your ass in trying to make a vain feeble counterargument. What's next? Claims that I am engaging in conspiracy theories and tinfoil hats? You know that the lynching negroes defense is a strawman's argument designed to be satrical. You know what it is funny? If I started throwing out that term in the rape threads, you would have immediately claim that I can't withstand criticisms of India.

By throwing out that "lynching negroes defense" you are, in effect, admitting that you cannot withstand any criticism of your country by others unless it fits your own narrative.

His hatred for the West, personified in the United States and to a lesser extent Great Britain (bonus points for Commonwealth countries) is manifest in his snarling comments about BigFella's supposed "narcissistic colonial image"
                                You could not be more wrong. I do not hate the West. If I did, I would be a totally different person and not trying to help people in my area. As for Britain, yes I despised the British for what they have done as Chinese and Koreans and Philippines have despise the Japanese for what the Japanese have done to them. As the Jews despised the Nazis for what they have done to the Jews. But I do not hate the British people right now because they didn't do anything to the Indians but that doesn't mean that I will stand by idly and watch and listen to the British people and their heirs or cousins claim that the British Raj was a good thing for India. It is full of BS and it need to be rebutted. BigFella was the one that started making mocking comments on my views and ridiculing our grievances against the British Empire so I rebutted him in the same way.

If you can't handle that, that's your problem, not mine.

Yeah if you were following the exchange more closely, you would have realized that Oracle started the whole thing by questioning me and my heritage and my background and accused me of being a fanboy and other things. He was the one that claimed to be a true Indian and I wasn't Indian at all and tried to silence me on topics related to India and make it so that his posts was only worth listening to because he was a true Indian and I was not.

I would like you to admit for a change that you wanted me to go along with whatever the US says and accept the position of the US as it is compared to others. Just as the people of US made the mistake of going along with the narrative of the Bush administration when it came to Iraq and WMDs and when the French refused to go along with it saying it was a mistake, the French were called froggies and insults and those who agreed with the French were instantly termed as traitors and unpatriotic Americans. As it turned out, the French were largely correct in the first place and we, the US, wasted almost 2-3 trillion dollars on the Iraq front because we failed to question the motivations and the positions that the US took.

And that is what you want me to do. Stay silent on the motivations and reasons behind the US stand. For example, I questioned several posters with respect to Crimea and Russia because it could have been avoided in the first place. The outcome was so plainly obvious due to geopolitics considerations and realities. But, no you turned it around and made it like I hated the US and the West so much.

Your use of the words, "moral honesty" is actually quite dishonest since you are insinuating the fact that I am not American or patriotic or whatever agenda you have.

Only in your world because it would be so easier to justify your stance and your points.

And in your world, it would be so much easier to paint me as the enemy of US and the West as someone who hates the US and the West and then it would be so easy to dismiss my posts and my arguments, which is the very same tactic as other oppressive regimes like to use when they want to silence their opponents.

Instead of responding to my counterpoints, you engaged in this whole drama of "tuo quo arguments" and this is a new one, "lynching negroes defense" which I find to be distasteful since you very well know that a lot of those lynchings went unpunished and not and making a mockery of those unpunished lynchings speaks to your true nature and your "moral honesty"

How about this for a change? When those countries started criticizing the US for its human rights record, what did a lot of people in the US say? They used their own version of "lynching negroes defense" to pooh pooh those criticisms no matter how valid those criticisms may be irrespective of the criticizing country's own problems.
                                Last edited by Blademaster; 28 Oct 14,, 16:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X