Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards by US.US firm found guilty of underpaying Indians at $1.22 an hour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda figured vsdoc was sated buddha but doppelganger too?????

Man, the guy doesn't know when to quit....

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
      I kinda figured vsdoc was sated buddha but doppelganger too?????

Man, the guy doesn't know when to quit....
      Sure ?

vsdoc was no biker and had a bigger hard on about iran. Also sharper edge on partisan rhetoric.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 25 Oct 14,, 18:41.

Comment

Not sure.

But I always thought so since they both annoyed the colonel with the same tpye of questions...lol

Comment

$1.21/hour.

Hehehehe. Laughable.

Blade wanted to make a case out of thin air. A very poor and mis-informed lawyer.

In the Indian IT industry, a fresh graduate outta college is billed at a minimum of $21.00/hour for offshore projects. Suppose, client request has to be be fulfilled, than for the same guy/girl in US, the minimum billing rate is $54.00/hour. What in the hell am I missing like DE did? White man's burden? Probably.

What visa did they use to get into US. L or H? Or did they break US laws by sneaking with B Visas and working. And also, before these guys join office in US, they have to sign contracts in India, and are well aware of the money being paid for their services.

There are millions in India who get ripped off in the MNREGA scheme. These people don't even get justice. Atleast in US, systems are in place and people actually get justice.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            BM has a very good point. Surely only a savage and brutal people clinging to the bottom rung of civilization would pay so low a wage. Such people richly deserve any criticism that comes their way.

Hey BM, maybe if you keep this thread active for long enough vsdoc/doppleganger/sated Buddha will invent another persona and agree with you. He always was your biggest fan.
            You're encouraging trolls.

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            EFI is a government company? And the government brushed the incident under the carpet? Huh, who knew.
            Forgive him. He's just trolling. Blade fanboy.
            Last edited by Oracle; 25 Oct 14,, 19:44.
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
              Blade wanted to make a case out of thin air. A very poor and mis-informed lawyer.

In the Indian IT industry, a fresh graduate outta college is billed at a minimum of $21.00/hour for offshore projects. Suppose, client request has to be be fulfilled, than for the same guy/girl in US, the minimum billing rate is $54.00/hour. What in the hell am I missing like DE did? White man's burden? Probably.
              Stop it with the personal attacks. You have BM entirely wrong. He's been here since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                EFI is a government company? And the government brushed the incident under the carpet? Huh, who knew.

Not my point, I was only referring to the scenario when an American company does the same though they aren't a government organization you still treat them with royalty where in another country's diplomat is jailed and was cavity searched?

Comment

You're encouraging trolls.

Forgive him. He's just trolling. Blade fanboy.
                  FYI I can speak for myself and your holiness can take your bag of crap and make some room for real conversations.

You calling me a troll is probably the biggest joke I ever heard.

Comment

If you ladies are done, may I ask, again, where is the correlation and the double standard?
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Khobragade (Slavery + less than minimum wage) Vs EFI (less than minimum wage paid).

[ATTACH]38350[/ATTACH]
                      This is just plain wrong, there was no charge for slavery.

In any case..

This is not double standards as an American company underpaying its employees (in the US) is not the same as the American government underpaying its employees overseas. It would be double standards if someone from the American government in India or elsewhere underpays their employees in violation of the local labour laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        What double standard? One got convicted. The other got off scott free.
                        There were no convictions. Only fines and they were civil in nature, not criminal. DK did not get off scott free. She has an outstanding warrant against her. Charges have not been dropped.

The double standard is that DK got strip-searched and thrown into jail while those executives were not and did not have any charges against them.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthSiddius View Post
                          This is just plain wrong, there was no charge for slavery.

In any case..

This is not double standards as an American company underpaying its employees (in the US) is not the same as the American government underpaying its employees overseas. It would be double standards if someone from the American government in India or elsewhere underpays their employees in violation of the local labour laws.
                          then why was DK arrested if you considered the act of hiring a maid to be a government action. The US governnment made it clear that it was a private action. Hence the comparision to an American company. So your analogy is wrong and far off the mark.

Comment

$1.21/hour.

Hehehehe. Laughable.

Sure whatever floats your boat.

What visa did they use to get into US. L or H? Or did they break US laws by sneaking with B Visas and working. And also, before these guys join office in US, they have to sign contracts in India, and are well aware of the money being paid for their services.
                            So you are accusing these Indians of gaming the system but not the maid?

There are millions in India who get ripped off in the MNREGA scheme. These people don't even get justice. Atleast in US, systems are in place and people actually get justice.
                            MNREGA is a big fat joke and that last comment shows you are absolutely clueless with the way the justice system works in US. No the system doesn't work as advertised and people do not actually get justice. If they did, then there would be no place or money for lawyers. The system would hum as it works and people wouldn't have to pay lawyers. Guess what? lawyers are in demand showing that justice has not been served.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              ok, here is the part i don't get.

Which Indian will go to the US for the same wages they get in India. Living costs in the US are not the same. It would be a loss. They will go so long as they get a chance to make much more. So something is missing in this story.

But as I recall the maid was being offered 3-5 times what she would get in India for the same work. The issue was this still was under US laws despite other benefits.
                              Who knows but that is not the point. The point I am making is that while the maid was underpaid according to US laws, DK was criminally charged. EFI executives were not. That is the key difference I am referring to.
                              No, but american firms get into trouble now and then when an Erin Brockovich comes around.
                              Sorry but your equivalance is a fallacy because those executives were not arrested and strip-searched and be subjected to humiliating treatment. Those executives were just slapped with civil fines or monetary damages. DK was slapped with criminal charges and she still has an outstanding warrant out for her to face criminal charges. Criminal charges and civil charges are two entirely separate things.

The problem was things had crossed a point of no return in the diplomats case. The key was to prevent it reaching that far which was a failure between the state dept and India's foreign office. It took on a life of its own. At the same time it has to be said this was no ordinary maid, she had better connections, she had the upper hand in that fight.
                              That she did and she finangled into a green card. US authorities should have known better and treat it like a civil case as the US authorities have down with EFI. They treated it as a civil case, not a criminal case. That is the double standard I am talking about.

That was a story of a disgruntled worker but who spilled the beans here ? I doubt it was those same indian workers complaining about 'inhuman conditions'.
                              No the Indians did complain. After all, how did the US Labor Dept found out?

Any time an american gets into trouble abroad their state orgs swing into action. This is something we need to do but its an issue of capacity. They have lots of people to do it we don't not yet.
                              In the DK case, India state org did swung into action.

Right now Kiwis have more capacity then India in this regard.
                              No doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                                BM,

How are the two cases related, but the underpayment part?
                                Similar fact patterns but different outcomes.

Comment

Working...
                                X