Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards by US.US firm found guilty of underpaying Indians at $1.22 an hour.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    If you're going to use the dog analogy, at least know something about dogs.
    Sorry for being a polite dog ? :confu:

Comment

• Originally posted by commander View Post
      Sorry for being a polite dog ? :confu:
      There is no such thing.
      Chimo

Comment

Cry baby. India's house. India's rules. Don't like it? Don't go. I'm sure Afghanistan is more inviting.
        But Sir, unfortunately the diplomats let it be Indian or American doesn't think that way and indulge in all sorts of things. I was personally furious on her involvement in another scam in India and would have really liked to be punished in India , ironically the US did just the opposite and caused some sympathy for her.

Comment

There is no such thing.
          Polite yes but not weak, we will defend our territory and make sure our turf belongs to us. So yeah polite but not weak. We will not go looking for trouble like our neighbours rather try to be friendly as much as possible and try to get along.

Comment

But Sir, unfortunately the diplomats let it be Indian or American doesn't think that way and indulge in all sorts of things.
            Yeah, I'm not diplomatic corps either.

Originally posted by commander View Post
            Polite yes but not weak, we will defend our territory and make sure our turf belongs to us. So yeah polite but not weak. We will not go looking for trouble like our neighbours rather try to be friendly as much as possible and try to get along.
            You're putting traits into dogs that don't exist. That's why your analogy is falling apart. If you want to discuss why the US is not giving India her perceived dues, then we can discuss that but once you start talking about dogs and I try to point out dog behaviour that is within context of this discussion, you assign traits that don't exist and we can't take the analogy into a deserved discussion.
            Chimo

Comment

Yeah, I'm not diplomatic corps either.

You're putting traits into dogs that don't exist. That's why your analogy is falling apart. If you want to discuss why the US is not giving India her perceived dues, then we can discuss that but once you start talking about dogs and I try to point out dog behaviour that is within context of this discussion, you assign traits that don't exist and we can't take the analogy into a deserved discussion.
              Yes , please tell me what we did to not receive the US's trust and it's trust fund. I am not joking, we didn't attract as much investment as lets say even Pakistan let alone China. Business is business we are learning to try keep that separate like the Chinese, let's see how that works out for us. Worked well for the Chinese. Even the recent Obama-Modi visit as per some experts didn't yield anything significant but rather something that were expected. Good one's but expected out of Modi in this visit. I am not sure if you have never seen a polite dog, although not something they are known for or designed upon but seen some.

Comment

• Honestly? Bargin basement prices. Tianamen Square collapsed the Chinese economy. It also is the biggest reason why the Chinese are so economically powerful today. They cut their prices down to barebone survival. Anyway to make a buck, they did it. At the cost to their enviornment and health. What India is offering today is fair trade. What China offerred was a fire sale.
                Chimo

Comment

Honestly? Bargin basement prices. Tianamen Square collapsed the Chinese economy. It also is the biggest reason why the Chinese are so economically powerful today. They cut their prices down to barebone survival. Anyway to make a buck, they did it. At the cost to their enviornment and health. What India is offering today is fair trade. What China offerred was a fire sale.
                  Against which the US and other countries led by it were advertising. i.e. to be more responsible with the climatic changes and environment. Yet they will contradict themselves with their own actions. I am blaming them it's their wish. But just wondering on why the US contradicts many of it's own stands and principles by it's actions.

But, things are changing in India under Modi. Not a life altering one, slowly but steadily AND friendly to Indians and not at the cost of their health or social life and be democratic.

Comment

Against which the US and other countries led by it were advertising. i.e. to be more responsible with the climatic changes and environment.
                    Yeah, how is that going? Even Canada withdrew from Kyoto.

Yet they will contradict themselves with their own actions. I am blaming them it's their wish. But just wondering on why the US contradicts many of it's own stands and principles by it's actions.
                    This is the thing I don't understand. After all that has been shown. After all that we have wrote. Why do you insist in believing that the Americans do not insist in looking out for Americans no matter what? Contradiction? Why not?

But, things are changing in India under Modi. Not a life altering one, slowly but steadily AND friendly to Indians and not at the cost of their health or social life and be democratic.
                    You were asking about the Chinese model and why it worked. I answered it. The Chinese model would not work for India. Indians were not as brainwashed nor as cowed as the Chinese were. Only a cowed populace could have worked as hard as they did after Tianamen.
                    Chimo

Comment

Yeah, how is that going? Even Canada withdrew from Kyoto.
                      Didn't stop them from trying to preach what they don't follow and are still doing it, bsides India's and ironically China's.

This is the thing I don't understand. After all that has been shown. After all that we have wrote. Why do you insist in believing that the Americans do not insist in looking out for Americans no matter what? Contradiction? Why not?
                      Oh kind of hand an idea on the American standards from the beginning, just didn't think they would go as far as to arresting a diplomat.
                      eperate.
                      You were asking about the Chinese model and why it worked. I answered it. The Chinese model would not work for India. Indians were not as brainwashed nor as cowed as the Chinese were. Only a cowed populace could have worked as hard as they did after Tianamen.
                      Owh we will devise our model, just keeping the diplomatic and business ties is what will we try to experiment and see how it works.We don't have to make our people slavesss in their own country through debts or through authority.

Comment

Didn't stop them from trying to preach what they don't follow and are still doing it, bsides India's and ironically China's.
                        Don't know if they were preaching about climate change but pollution controls are always a good idea. There is a case to be made about China. China 3000 years ago was as biologically as rich as the Amazons. That's gone and it was all man caused.

Oh kind of hand an idea on the American standards from the beginning, just didn't think they would go as far as to arresting a diplomat.
                        Again, according to accepted international Vienna Conventions, DK was not a diplomat. She was not presented to the US as one. She was presented to the US as a Consular, not a Diplomat. And in case you did not know, she is not a diplomat just because India says she is. The host country, ie the US, must accept and acknowledge her as a diplomat. That is how things work.

Owh we will devise our model, just keeping the diplomatic and business ties is what will we try to experiment and see how it works.We don't have to make our people slavesss in their own country through debts or through authority.
                        Let me put it in a way you understand. Go up to your boss and demand a $200K US salary just because you will become this fantastic software engineer.
                        Chimo

Comment

• Commander;

There are some fair points you made about the US attorney's go after high profile targets to attain easy fame, but in this case PB was already in the highest position he could be in state level. Was he trying to contest to be the Governor of the state or what ?

Top Hatter spoke to this a little bit but I want to clear up something.

A US District Attorney is a Federal, not state official. He is a memeber fo the US Department of Justice and represents the US Government in cases before the US District and Circuit Courts. It is a federally apponted postion, not an elected position, confirmed by the Senate. Now some US District Attorneys do often times go on to state level elected offices. Several coem to mind...Chris Christie and GOV Martinez of NM.

But a more common government career path for a US Attorney is a Federal judgeship.

Either way he was acting as a Federal and not a state authority in the matter.
                          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                          Mark Twain

Comment

Don't know if they were preaching about climate change but pollution controls are always a good idea.
                            While asking India to reduce it's pollution level but in reality US is the second most contributor of pollution in the world and India is third. With almost half of India's population it is the worst polluter than China or India when considered per person. Doesn't that sound to preaching others but not practicing or also called hypocrisy ?

Source

There is a case to be made about China. China 3000 years ago was as biologically as rich as the Amazons. That's gone and it was all man caused.
                            Yes sad indeed, their mammoth dam projects and the likes have changed the country forever. Agreed Sir.

Again, according to accepted international Vienna Conventions, DK was not a diplomat. She was not presented to the US as one. She was presented to the US as a Consular, not a Diplomat. And in case you did not know, she is not a diplomat just because India says she is. The host country, ie the US, must accept and acknowledge her as a diplomat. That is how things work.
                            But Sir, like I said IF the case was treated on it's merits rather than behaved like a bully under civil charges she would have had immunity wouldn't she ? After all most of the US businessmen get along just fine paying their workers less than that, those of non US origin. So that is again hypocrisy. They themselves are not perfect and on top of it they twist the issue to something else and bullied around.

Let me put it in a way you understand. Go up to your boss and demand a $200K US salary just because you will become this fantastic software engineer.
                            Aaahaha I wish it was possible, although if the cost of living is under control one can get along well with a moderate salary, which will provide a lot of our countrymen with jobs who don't have any source of income at all. I am not saying we don't need high paying jobs but just that to develop our country as long as inflation and CoL is kept in check we can work something out.
                            Last edited by commander; 31 Oct 14,, 15:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                              Commander;

There are some fair points you made about the US attorney's go after high profile targets to attain easy fame, but in this case PB was already in the highest position he could be in state level. Was he trying to contest to be the Governor of the state or what ?

Top Hatter spoke to this a little bit but I want to clear up something.

A US District Attorney is a Federal, not state official. He is a memeber fo the US Department of Justice and represents the US Government in cases before the US District and Circuit Courts. It is a federally apponted postion, not an elected position, confirmed by the Senate. Now some US District Attorneys do often times go on to state level elected offices. Several coem to mind...Chris Christie and GOV Martinez of NM.

But a more common government career path for a US Attorney is a Federal judgeship.

Either way he was acting as a Federal and not a state authority in the matter.
                              AR, thanks for clarying that. I always thought the seat of DA was filled in by some sort of system where an attorney is elected and not appointed. Even the consulate workers in the Russian embassy not just diplomats (or anyone in that level) had exploited your country's system right ? How did the State department were able to keep PB off the backs of the Russians ?

Comment

Against which the US and other countries led by it were advertising. i.e. to be more responsible with the climatic changes and environment. Yet they will contradict themselves with their own actions. I am blaming them it's their wish. But just wondering on why the US contradicts many of it's own stands and principles by it's actions.

I'm confused, but are you trying to say that the U.S. (Obama and his state department etc) preach to the rest of the world to be more 'responsible' when it comes to the climatic impact or their respective countries, yet at home (in the U.S.) he is advocating policies to loosen the 'responsible' climatic impact of the U.S. and to be less responsible as opposed to being more restrictive?

Comment

Working...
                                X