Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double standards by US.US firm found guilty of underpaying Indians at $1.22 an hour.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by citanon View Post
    Some of our posters are missing a crucial aspect of this DK business. She was not punished at all. She was not deemed guilty of anything by the US justice system. She was not even fined.

    The only thing that happened to her was that charges were filed and she was arrested and booked into jail. Being booked into jail does not mean you are guilty of anything.

    Had she not had diplomatic immunity, she would have had her day in court with likely a very good attorney and all of these issues and more would have been gone over with a fine tooth comb, with the jury ultimately deciding whether she was guilty of any of this.

    Since she claimed immunity, this was moot. She was not punished at all.

    DK was not specifically selected to be humiliated. India was not specifically targeted. She was only strip searched because that's what SOP for prisoners booked into US jails. God knows there have been enough suicides, stabbings and all forms of contraband smuggled into jail because prisoners were not checked.

    And the charges were filed because her maid leveled very serious accusations at her that was accepted by a US Attorney. US Attorneys love going after high profile people. The higher the profile, the better. If you think DK had it hard, if you think she was treated unfairly, just talk to Martha Stewart.

    US attorneys are some of the most ruthless, calculating, insidious and devious glory hounds on the planet. They are not so much Homo sapien as Canis praeconia. The entire system incentivizes them to go after the most high profile targets possible. It's not personal. It's not racial. It's not directed against India. It's just business.

    It sounds bad, but our Indian posters might be more appreciative of such a system, if they were to pause for a moment and reflect on its merits on fighting public corruption.
    There are some fair points you made about the US attorney's go after high profile targets to attain easy fame, but in this case PB was already in the highest position he could be in state level. Was he trying to contest to be the Governor of the state or what ?

    If that's the case why was the same attorney who with all his US law behind him couldn't do squat when the Russian diplomats were found exploiting the US medical system and "pick pocketed" about 1.5$ Million ? not one but 49 in total. I am sure one just one Russian diplomat and his wife subjected to strip search and cavity search for contraband is more juicier than a wage dispute case between a maid and her employer ?

    And seriously ? she was arrested in front of her kids near the gates of the school they go to. Couldn't they have been more civil ? They expected a Indian diplomat a women at that to carry guns and bombs and knife in her ass and vagina ? BS

    With the entire US judicial behind him all he could say was this,

    "Diplomacy should be about extending hands, not picking pockets in the host country," U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara told a Manhattan news conference. He called it "shameful and systemic corruption."

    Bharara said it was a case "we would be prosecuting and making arrests in, but for immunity." Still, he added, participation in crimes by diplomats generally leads to expulsion from a country.
    Owh so now he understands about diplomacy and immunity eh ? Suddenly his balls were clamped hard by the Russians? And about the no fine imposed for DK, there are still charges against her in the US, not a civil one but a criminal one. You see why we cry double standards now. The US has different rule books to treat different countries. I am pretty sure your SoS Kerry had intervened and told PB to not touch the Russians. Well anyway this is getting tiresome as many are not understanding our stand. We are as furious as anyone because she tarnished our country's image largely thanks to the US media. Instead they decided to treat Indian's differently because hey who gives a shit about a third world country anyway right, they won't speak up and we can throw all the rules outside the window.

    Source: Preet lost his balls
    Last edited by commander; 30 Oct 14,, 21:23.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by commander View Post
      There are some fair points you made about the US attorney's go after high profile targets to attain easy fame, but in this case PB was already in the highest position he could be in state level. Was he trying to contest to be the Governor of the state or what ?
      If he has further political ambitions, then sure, why not? And if not a State Governor or even merely Lieutenant Governor, then something at the Federal level.

      Originally posted by commander View Post
      They expected a Indian diplomat a women at that to carry guns and bombs and knife in her ass and vagina ? BS
      You need to re-read what citanon said: It's Standard Operating Procedure. That means you do it for both the gangbanger thug and the high-class celebrity alike.
      They weren't looking at her as an Indian, nor as a diplomat nor as a woman. She was a prisoner being booked into custody, first last and always.

      And guns and bombs are hardly the only things smuggled (or "suitcased" as the terminology goes) into jail. They expect anything and everything. Weapons, money, drugs, you name it.

      Smart phones, for example, are particularly prized these days.

      Hence a full search being Standard.
      Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        If he has further political ambitions, then sure, why not? And if not a State Governor or even merely Lieutenant Governor, then something at the Federal level.
        Fair enough, I couldn't find anything online where he was hinting a career in political spectrum, but it is his wish and rights, I can't say much into it, was just curious that's all. My doubts were that if he was going for a higher position did he lose the will to go after the Russians due to the political pressure that was exerted (which wasn't in the case of DK)? Or did he just think Indian's will be an easy pick and MMS govt will just keep quiet (which they almost did if not for the Indian media).

        You need to re-read what citanon said: It's Standard Operating Procedure. That means you do it for both the gangbanger thug and the high-class celebrity alike.
        They weren't looking at her as an Indian, nor as a diplomat nor as a woman. She was a prisoner being booked into custody, first last and always.

        And guns and bombs are hardly the only things smuggled (or "suitcased" as the terminology goes) into jail. They expect anything and everything. Weapons, money, drugs, you name it.

        Smart phones, for example, are particularly prized these days.

        Hence a full search being Standard.
        TH, I agree to your points about it being a SOP and I did before too. It is well within your rights/law, we are not contesting it. We were contesting why a double standard then? If you can let go of the Russians and just expel them because of their diplomatic status and immunity why couldn't you do that to an Indian diplomat? Even Indian diplomat's enjoy the same level of immunity that is covered by Vienna convention isn't it? Doesn't matter which country they are from big or small, rich or poor. Preet couldn't even lay his hands on them let alone stripping them naked. Was it because the US attorney's and the State Department thought Indian diplomats can be easily bullied with any/meager resistance. If Preet is going after a foreign official, a diplomat at that then the state department wouldn't even know about it? That's hard to believe, because the same state department from what I have learnt from other forums made sure Preet couldn't lay his hands on the Russians and practically told him to back the F*** off, correct me if I am wrong. If they did know about it and kept quiet then it proves that you have different rules for different countries.
        Last edited by commander; 30 Oct 14,, 22:06.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by commander View Post
          Fair enough, I couldn't find anything online where he was hinting a career in political spectrum, but it is his wish and rights, I can't say much into it, was just curious that's all. My doubts were that if he was going for a higher position did he lose the will to go after the Russians due to the political pressure that was exerted (which wasn't in the case of DK)? Or did he just think Indian's will be an easy pick and MMS govt will just keep quiet (which they almost did if not for the Indian media).
          No idea either way, just pointing out that a State Attorney with political ambitions has a lot of options open to him or her.

          Originally posted by commander View Post
          TH, I agree to your points about it being a SOP and I did before too. It is well within your rights/law, we are not contesting it. We were contesting why a double standard then?
          You had clearly questioned the need for a full search by stating "They expected a Indian diplomat a women at that to carry guns and bombs and knife in her ass and vagina ? BS" That's all that I was responding to.

          Originally posted by commander View Post
          If you can let go of the Russians and just expel them because of their diplomatic status and immunity why couldn't you do that to an Indian diplomat? Even Indian diplomat's enjoy the same level of immunity that is covered by Vienna convention isn't it? Doesn't matter which country they are from big or small, rich or poor. Preet couldn't even lay his hands on them let alone stripping them naked.
          I'm still in doubt as to her diplomatic status and whether or not she enjoyed full immunity at the time of her arrest and search. I'm hearing two different stories from both sides.
          As far as the Russians go, were they arrested and booked into custody? If not, then you are comparing two entirely different sets of circumstances, just the like the EFI case.

          Originally posted by commander View Post
          Was it because the US attorney's and the State Department thought Indian diplomats can be easily bullied with any/meager resistance...If they did know about it and kept quiet then it proves that you have different rules for different countries.
          I have no idea of the US authorities motivations but I rather doubt such systematic and premeditated bullying mentality. It simply doesn't make a great deal of sense.

          And again, two different sets of circumstances are going to handled in two different ways. That doesn't indicate a double standard. It indicates two different sets of circumstances that are going to handled in two different ways.
          Supporting or defending Donald Trump is such an unforgivable moral failing that it calls every bit of your judgement and character into question. Nothing about you should be trusted if you can look at this man and find redeemable value

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            No idea either way, just pointing out that a State Attorney with political ambitions has a lot of options open to him or her.
            Agreed, sometimes quicker one's are by being a dickhead and a bully who just wants to be more American than an American. They want to prove their loyalty to the American system to show that they are one of them. What they don't get is sometimes they never will and will be the laughing stock later. In Modi's government we will see if the American attorney's try to play around.

            You had clearly questioned the need for a full search by stating "They expected a Indian diplomat a women at that to carry guns and bombs and knife in her ass and vagina ? BS" That's all that I was responding to.
            Sorry, didn't think things were so worse in the penitentiaries of the US. Thanks for pointing out. BUT why was the diplomat arrested in the first place is what I wonder. Why wouldn't they know they are dealing with a Indian diplomat and to know how immunity works.

            I'm still in doubt as to her diplomatic status and whether or not she enjoyed full immunity at the time of her arrest and search. I'm hearing two different stories from both sides.
            As far as the Russians go, were they arrested and booked into custody? If not, then you are comparing two entirely different sets of circumstances, just the like the EFI case.
            No that exactly is what I am talking about. You didn't arrest a Russian diplomat. While an Indian diplomat was arrested. You can doubt her immunity. BUT even a diplomat is eligible for some extent and a leniency can be given if the wife's and their family's of the Russian consulate workers not just diplomats , then why not the same for us ?

            I have no idea of the US authorities motivations but I rather doubt such systematic and premeditated bullying mentality. It simply doesn't make a great deal of sense.
            It has been there for sometimes, the US most of the times acts as a bully towards India. They are only trying to get close to us mainly to counter China. If they can get well with China they won't even need us. Even Though we are a big market, China's is the same but better. So US would rather work with China IF they can. But since that's not happening they are trying to be nice. Otherwise India was always seen a distant second compared to Pakistan who ironically hosted OBL causing an embarrassment to the US. Otherwise US was very content with Pakistan so they have a help in combating terror and for political reasons. So India being neutral and not playing the US way has some scar in the relationship (if you can call it that) like Ukraine or the Malaysian Airlines issue.

            And again, two different sets of circumstances are going to handled in two different ways. That doesn't indicate a double standard. It indicates two different sets of circumstances that are going to handled in two different ways.
            Correct one is as serious as stealing money from US's treasure and that going to the Russians :whome: is not important considering to the Indian diplomat who didn't pay her maid 10 bucks an hour more or whatever. Your country has it's priorities wrong then, no offence.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by commander View Post
              You didn't arrest a Russian diplomat. While an Indian diplomat was arrested. You can doubt her immunity.
              Because the letter of the law, ie International Law, states that she was NOT a diplomat. She was a Councillor. Two very different things. The Russians were in fact internationally legal diplomats. DK was not. Not during the time of her arrest.
              Chimo

              Comment


              • Originally posted by commander View Post
                It has been there for sometimes, the US most of the times acts as a bully towards India. They are only trying to get close to us mainly to counter China. If they can get well with China they won't even need us. Even Though we are a big market, China's is the same but better. So US would rather work with China IF they can. But since that's not happening they are trying to be nice. Otherwise India was always seen a distant second compared to Pakistan who ironically hosted OBL causing an embarrassment to the US. Otherwise US was very content with Pakistan so they have a help in combating terror and for political reasons. So India being neutral and not playing the US way has some scar in the relationship (if you can call it that) like Ukraine or the Malaysian Airlines issue.
                Think you seriously misread. The India Card only existed in the minds of Indian politicians. Both the US and China know that until you get rid of the Pakistani issue, you cannot throw your full weight against China.
                Chimo

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                  Think you seriously misread. The India Card only existed in the minds of Indian politicians. Both the US and China know that until you get rid of the Pakistani issue, you cannot throw your full weight against China.
                  Sir, goes to confirm the thinking. But then why is the US trying to cozy up to India ? Obama was the first to call Modi after he was elected and was asked to visit the USA. Which he did recently this is after to a decade ban to enter US soil. If you wanted you could have done differently. The US knows they need India now especially after they know their reign in the Asia Pacific region is challenged and it's allies were being bullied constantly. Infact the country owes so much money to China they can't do much unless China does something really stupid. So we also knew this and I would say we played till recently very weakly but now we knew our leverage too. China will not stop bullying anytime soon unless it gets what it wants which goes against the US interests and it's allies. So yeah, we were not THAT stupid ;)

                  Comment


                  • Deigo Garcia is more important to checking China than India is. The US is after India because it's a great business oppertunity but don't read anything more than that.
                    Chimo

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                      Because the letter of the law, ie International Law, states that she was NOT a diplomat. She was a Councillor. Two very different things. The Russians were in fact internationally legal diplomats. DK was not. Not during the time of her arrest.
                      India still challenged that at that time around only when the US didn't then we switched her to a UN mission which then the US couldn't deny any more.So yeah there is always another side to any story :)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Deigo Garcia is more important to checking China than India is. The US is after India because it's a great business oppertunity but don't read anything more than that.
                        Owh we know that too, we know our strength and we know our weakness. But we will be one day some place where the US can't resist us. We are already looking east to build our relations stronger with our neighbours. Except maybe SL but SL knows who is it's master, so it won't try anything to cross the red line. Pakistan is an annoyance which we are quite capable of taking care, maybe not now but we will real soon. A business opportunity that we will use it for our advantage. You will not attack China unless it does something really stupid like March into Taiwan, but even then I don't believe you will try to be on their bad books. Especially when Russia is trying to emerge as a headache to the US they wouldn't want Chinese money fund the Russian oil deals and such which in turn is their money by importing their products. So China will keep bullying and you won'
                        t be able to do anything but contain it , which is only possible if you can have a better ally not a failed state like Pakistan but India.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by commander View Post
                          But we will be one day some place where the US can't resist us.
                          Come back to us when you get there and not before. Diplomacy 101. Nobody gets nothing for nothing.
                          Chimo

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by commander View Post
                            India still challenged that at that time around only when the US didn't then we switched her to a UN mission which then the US couldn't deny any more.So yeah there is always another side to any story :)
                            The other side of the story is that even India didn't know about her other status until days after.
                            Chimo

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              Come back to us when you get there and not before. Diplomacy 101. Nobody gets nothing for nothing.
                              The double standards, yeah we know that well Sir, and when times right we will play our cards. Anyway so this is in favour of what we were arguing about then. Different laws to different people. Whatever ;)

                              Comment


                              • A very wise saying

                                A double standard is not only a reality for all countries, it's a necessity.

                                - M21Sniper
                                Chimo

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X