2017 and the End of Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Well yes, I rather thought it was but me being an evil-computer illiterate-dumbfuck-arsehole seems to be vastly preferred. Happy to oblige. :)
    Well, as stubborn as you are, this US Administration is happy you are not an editor of a global MSM :whome:
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      What's the fuss about the citizenship?
      It comes down to the reason the media isn't asking "The tough questions"

SO far what we have is a Sudanese woman that has been sentenced to death. She is married to an American but has not applied for citizenship.

The United States doesn't have a dog in this hunt.

What tough questions should the media be asking the US Government in this case?

GG, you have to be married for your recognized kids to obtain citizenship?
      If the kid was born in the US, they get automatic citizenship. If born overseas it depends on if the US citizen is the mother or father. How long the citizen mother had lived in the US prior to the birth. For the citizen father there is a whole list of things that must be done before the child can get citizenship:

N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship Frequently Asked Questions | USCIS

That your father was physically present in the United States for 5 years, at least 2 of which were after 14 years of age;

A blood relationship with your father by clear and convincing evidence;

That your father was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth;

That your father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for you until you reach 18 years of age;
      and
      While you are under 18 years of age

You are legitimated under the law of your residence or domicile;

Your father acknowledges paternity of you in writing under oath; or
      Your paternity is established by a court.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        It comes down to the reason the media isn't asking "The tough questions"
        They could have asked them, get the answers and carry on. IMV, there is no case in this particular situation, but maybe it should have been made clear from the start, if not for anything else for clarity alone and to shut conspirators.

SO far what we have is a Sudanese woman that has been sentenced to death. She is married to an American but has not applied for citizenship.

The United States doesn't have a dog in this hunt.

What tough questions should the media be asking the US Government in this case?
        What about elementary human rights? Or this case will be good for justifying leaving Sudan in the bottom tier in the next report?
        Something changed or the US is still the world advocate of human rights? At least on paper. (before someone jumps on me on Gitmo, water boarding, CIA prisons...)

If the kid was born in the US, they get automatic citizenship. If born overseas it depends on if the US citizen is the mother or father. How long the citizen mother had lived in the US prior to the birth. For the citizen father there is a whole list of things that must be done before the child can get citizenship:

N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship Frequently Asked Questions | USCIS

That your father was physically present in the United States for 5 years, at least 2 of which were after 14 years of age;

A blood relationship with your father by clear and convincing evidence;

That your father was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth;

That your father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for you until you reach 18 years of age;
        and
        While you are under 18 years of age

You are legitimated under the law of your residence or domicile;

Your father acknowledges paternity of you in writing under oath; or
        Your paternity is established by a court.
        I knew it's hard to understand ;)

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Boy oh boy all this when the info is at the finger tips.

Continuous Residence and Physical Presence Requirements for Naturalization | USCIS

Citizenship Through Parents | USCIS

How the Foreign-Born Children of American Citizens Can Prove or Obtain U.S. Nationality | Nolo.com

Citizenship Requirements FAQs :: American Citizens Abroad (ACA)

Birth of U.S. Citizen Abroad | Embassy of the United States Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I also see the husband says this
          “I have tried to apply for papers to travel to the USA with my wife and child, but the American Embassy in Sudan did not help me,” Wani told Morning Star News.
          For a spousal visa, they are married, this form needs to be filled out and mailed. This is not applying for papers. Petition for Alien Relative | USCIS Since he was in the U.S. why didn't he do that while here. It is at least a 9 month process when done locally. That was my fiance visa and some say a spousal visa takes longer. He could hand the form in at the embassy but it then must go to the U.S. to be processed and then back to the embassy when approved. Once approved she then needs to have her physical exam and the results brought to the embassy at which time the visa is issued. My process took me 9 months for the approval to be sent to Manila. At that point my wife then had to deal with all the requirements for the physical, and those imposed by the Philippines, before she got her visa. It is not a quick process by any means and especially after 9/11.

Back in 2008 someone I knew in Manila came back to the US with his two children. Ex-Navy who resided in the Philippines on a continuous basis since 1988. Had a large business in Manila and later north of Manila. His children were already approaching high school age when he then sold his business and got his kids here before they were 18 so as to have full rights. I am not familiar with what that meant but he is a by the book guy and knows those laws inside and out.
          Last edited by tbm3fan; 26 May 14,, 05:56.

Comment

Weird, a friend just sent me this one...

Hope they are not stalking me here
            Attached Files

Comment

I see, Just like everyone else that has been sentenced to death for Apostasy in Sudan, they are setting her Free.

Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese woman sentenced to hang will be freed

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                I see, Just like everyone else that has been sentenced to death for Apostasy in Sudan, they are setting her Free.

Meriam Ibrahim: Sudanese woman sentenced to hang will be freed
                Not yet.
                The story appears to be mis-stating the comments, which seems to have been "there is a chance for an appeal."
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                  Well, as stubborn as you are, this US Administration is happy you are not an editor of a global MSM :whome:

Bro,don't delude yourself.If he were and stepped outside the party line, some pretext could be found to remove him in no time.
                  Thinking for a half second,he's being rude and insensitive.And no doubt,he must motivated by racism.It's that simple.
                  Those who know don't speak
                  He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

He can always say that they do it to him because he is a minority and gay. :whome:

Disclaimer: I guess he is as gay as he is racist.

Comment

Gents,

After the way this thread went before I opened up a new thread on this yesterday. Feel free to move the discussion there & let this thread either die or return to something closer to the original topic.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sub...tml#post964973
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Bro,don't delude yourself.If he were and stepped outside the party line, some pretext could be found to remove him in no time.
                        Thinking for a half second,he's being rude and insensitive.And no doubt,he must motivated by racism.It's that simple.
                        He can always say that they do it to him because he is a minority and gay.

Disclaimer: I guess he is as gay as he is racist.
                        I'll say that lost me for a moment till Bigfella cleared it up

Comment

Working...
                        X