No announcement yet.

Obama Forgets To Lie About Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was (usually) no passing out. India is not yet a mature drinking nation. And it gets worse when you're talking about kids and teenagers (what we are when we hit college here).

You drink too quickly, you drink on a completely empty stomach, you mix drinks, there are a lot of flashing lights and loud music, and before you know it, kids barely out of school not yet even used to regular beer are puking. Perfectly fine after that with some fresh air and some food, maybe a stiff black coffee. Nowhere close to passing out in drunken stupor. The capacity just isn't there. Yet. And in more cases than not, it never will be.

I guess some of you here probably've jumped to the wrong conclusion (necrophilia, sadism, date rape) based on my previous post about deadened nerve endings. I was referring to the man there, in case it did not come across as such.

That said, its a lot easier mixing something into the drink of an unsuspecting girl, than it is to fool her that the cigarette you're passing to her is plain tobacco.
    Last edited by sated buddha; 28 Jan 14,, 20:14.

Comment

It's your assumption assuming what we meant that is wrong :whome:

My comment was for at least one of the partners. Regardless of gender.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        It's your assumption assuming what we meant that is wrong :whome:

My comment was for at least one of the partners. Regardless of gender.
        Alcohol deadens the sensation in both genders. Its just easier all around if its not the one flogging the horse.

Comment

The only con is your brain ends up fried. But hey, who's gonna complain? ;)

Comment

Long term heavy usage of marijuana will have effects on the brain. Yes. But it may be coincidental or even anecdotal, but the smartest guys and girls were always the stoners, not the boozards. And most if not all of them have gone on to have really great careers professionally.

The fact is that pot is a soft drug. I do not want to get into the oft repeated trap of fighting the pot war and pulling booze into the equation, but I get Obama on this. As many pot smokers, past and present, across the world do. Its plain stupid to have pot as an illegal drug, while alcohol is available legally. As are cigarettes.

Comment

Mmmmm scrambled eggs. It seems likely that this commercial would make a stoner get the munchies instead of getting him to tweak out.

Comment

The connection between stoning and getting ravenous is well known. But do not understand why when I was in college and use to stone, my weight was a slim 70-72 kilos, going as low as 68 in my fresher term with all the hardcore physical ragging. But when I quit smoking and pot eventually, my weight shot up to first around 85 kilos for the first 10 years of my marriage, and then 95+ kilos after that. Its only now that I have starved myself to a more respectable normal BMI and a weight of 80 odd kilos. Look and feel younger as a result.

Comment

Maybe you could try to exercise and walk more.:red:
                  No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Maybe you could try to exercise and walk more.:red:
                    I gym and swim and cycle regularly, and trek on the weekends. But I also like to eat. A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by dan m View Post
                      Mmmmm scrambled eggs. It seems likely that this commercial would make a stoner get the munchies instead of getting him to tweak out.
                      That comercial was aimed at meth
                      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

We the most advanced civilization of our species, after careful consideration of everything that has been learnt and observed have come to the conclusion that we are better off as a society with more pot to the people than not. We will be so enriched with pot available at every street corner pharmacy for all sundry to access at their convenience!

Im so glad im on the other side of my curve now, can't wait to be outta here before its too late!

Comment

Originally posted by Zinja View Post
                          We the most advanced civilization of our species, after careful consideration of everything that has been learnt and observed have come to the conclusion that we are better off as a society with more pot to the people than not. We will be so enriched with pot available at every street corner pharmacy for all sundry to access at their convenience!
                          Exactly. The wheel must be continually reinvented. It's not for no reason that societies have outlawed mind-altering substances in the past. But IMO banning them by law is an imposition on people that, in a perverse way, acts as an incentive to use them. Many people are attracted to what is illicit, a phenomenon we saw during Prohibition. Ideally, people would make their own judgements as to whether such substances would harm them or not. That takes education and moral suasion.

Im so glad im on the other side of my curve now, can't wait to be outta here before its too late!
                          You can run, but you can't hide. :)
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post

You can run, but you can't hide. :)
                            Yo can once your past mid point of the median life expectancy.... The grave is always a good hiding place.

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              Yo can once your past mid point of the median life expectancy.... The grave is always a good hiding place.
                              A perfect place to quote the 'immortal bard'

To die — to sleep.
                              To sleep — perchance to dream: ay, there’s the rub!
                              For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
                              When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
                              Must give us pause.

-Shakespeare
                              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                                That comercial was aimed at meth
                                Whoops. Then in that case, I imagine that's what meth could do to your brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X