This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
    And how is India supposed to show that? More importantly, "who" in India can show that? The government does not control the judiciary and I don't think the judiciary can directly deal with foreign governments. The judiciary will insist that all the trials they do are "fair". How are they supposed to prove that anyway?
    The same as in all extradition requests. Present the evidence gathered to meet the burden of proof criteria. List the charges and if upon conviction, show that the punishment is fitting to the crime and not over bearing, ie she will not get her hands chopped off nor serve a 50 year sentence.

Comment

• All I can say is that US are big suckers, being taken for a ride when maids come over and claim domestic abuse or blah blah.

I look forward to the day that India starts returning the favor to America.

Comment

• She needs a jail time. Using and abusing................... needs a hardcore jailtime.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
          All I can say is that US are big suckers, being taken for a ride when maids come over and claim domestic abuse or blah blah.

Eggjactly!!!!!

US are to blame. Might as well lop some nukes in NYC.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

All I can say is that US are big suckers, being taken for a ride when maids come over and claim domestic abuse or blah blah.

My God, Hitesh, are you serious? The victims are at fault? If it ever were the case, I certainly would hope that the Indian legal system do their due diligence instead of being dismissive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              The same as in all extradition requests. Present the evidence gathered to meet the burden of proof criteria. List the charges and if upon conviction, show that the punishment is fitting to the crime and not over bearing, ie she will not get her hands chopped off nor serve a 50 year sentence.
              That shouldn't be difficult. As for the punishment, if she's convicted, it will be whatever the Indian Penal Code prescribes for the crime. Nothing more, nothing less, and I can be sure it does not involve chopping off hands or life sentences.

Comment

• Stripped, searched alongwith sex workers and drug addicts: Khobragade's ordeal

Disgusting. Gross violations of protocol here. If a US diplomat had been strip-searched in India, there would have been B-52's over Delhi by now...

Comment

• Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                  Stripped, searched alongwith sex workers and drug addicts: Khobragade's ordeal

Disgusting. Gross violations of protocol here. If a US diplomat had been strip-searched in India, there would have been B-52's over Delhi by now...
                  Now this is over the top. Orders from higher up to humiliate her. This sounds like a vendetta.

Comment

Now this is over the top. Orders from higher up to humiliate her. This sounds like a vendetta.
                    its only over the top if its outside the norm and the guards knew who she was. If protocol is to strip search everyone to prevent the smuggling of contraband into the system its legit.

Comment

• 8 pages? Busy weekend I see.
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

My God, Hitesh, are you serious? The victims are at fault? If it ever were the case, I certainly would hope that the Indian legal system do their due diligence instead of being dismissive.
                        How did the victim exactly suffer? She tried to blackmail the diplomat!

Comment

By asking for her legal rights?

Comment

Dude... why are you defending her and not the poor servant she abused....

Comment

Did the diplomat lie on the visa application? Surely that is the key issue here.
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

• I wonder how Hitesh feels about the situation for Indian workers and domestic servansa in Dubai where the only functional difference is the nationality of the abuser?

Comment

Working...
                                X